more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Dreadful Record At Turf Moor.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 11, 2019, 06:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Last won there 1951.😨
Burnley have won 15 of the last 17 against us there.
Surely it must be our turn...Coyw  049:gif

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 11, 2019, 06:25:31 PM
Last won there 1951.😨
Burnley have won 15 of the last 17 against us there.
Surely it must be our turn...Coyw  049:gif
Well I'm not changing, I always believe we are going to win.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

DevonFFC

I believe we will get a result, I believe the guys are playing for their shirts now

filham

Think of all the different Fulham teams that have gone there without a taste of victory, funny isn't it, whatever can the explanation be.

Regret that I an see no reason why the spell should be broken tomorrow.

David I

:dead horse: haven't won since the 50's ..... Current form v theirs.. Doesn't bode well even through the rose tinted CR TK lovin glasses  093.gif

What mugs we are....

RaySmith

People said the same before the recent Newcastle game, but we got a point, and arguably should have got 3.

Or at Arsenal, when we should have taken the lead, and nearly fought back to equalise from 2-0 down.

We have to think we are at least in with a chance of getting something from this game.
I don't believe in spells or superstition. Put away your crystal ball - just think of a football - flying into the Burnley net.

Sting of the North

I think it is just one of those things. Just a coincidence, and means nothing when the referee blows the whistle. We will win tomorrow!

David I

Quote from: RaySmith on January 11, 2019, 09:06:34 PM
People said the same before the recent Newcastle game, but we got a point, and arguably should have got 3.

Or at Arsenal, when we should have taken the lead, and nearly fought back to equalise from 2-0 down.

We have to think we are at least in with a chance of getting something from this game.
I don't believe in spells or superstition. Put away your crystal ball - just think of a football - flying into the Burnley net.
I don't want to continually sound negative but really... being at the game.. we were lucky to get a point let alone expectations that we should have had 3.
Newcastle were shite... Beresford hosting predicted a 3 or 4 one victory prior to the game and then lambasted the Newcastle team after the game. Calling them "f()c£ing shite, spineless" along with additional expletives..   and he was spot on..Newcastle were Shite.
As shite as Newcastle were.. no way did we deserve 3 points

Fernhurst

We MUST win tomorrow.

My sleep pattern will be knackered tonight.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

HV71

We are going to win . The result last week - Odoi's rant will have shaken them up . Ranieri 's call out for a leader will come together and we will snatch a victory COYW!!!!

Woolly Mammoth

I hope the players will be confident in themselves and each other, most of them owe us a dam good performance, but they have to be able to motivate themselves and each other. A lot will of course depend on the starting line up. I am sure Burnley will be more nervous that us, as they are at home, and their defeat to us in August would not have escaped their attention.
If our current players cannot get themselves up for this match, then I fear for the remainder of the season.
The fact that our record is mediocre at Turf Moor should drive our players even more to make history and break the mould. But they will not achieve that without passion and fighting spirit.
I really do think we need to score first, to silence the crowd, and sow seeds of doubt in their minds.
Then avoid sitting back deep to defend, otherwise our lead will not last long.
Defend from the front, and funnel back when we lose the ball, and force them to put the early ball in.
Should be meat and drink for our defence, but I know it will not be.
Nevertheless, taking the lead will put the cat amongst the pigeons but we have to want it more than them, and that is the 64,000 Dollar Question.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

The only time I went there was 1998.
There was a huge traffic jam on the M6 and we got there just before half time.
Couldn't find an entrance that was open and eventually found a group of stewards chatting,
They at first refused to let us in, but then said they were only joking.
You can imagine how amused I was.
We got in just before 2nd half and I know we got beat, 2-1 I think
A reverse of that would do fine tomorrow.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 11, 2019, 09:27:49 PM
We MUST win tomorrow.

My sleep pattern will be knackered tonight.
Like me at our age sleep isn't important!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

I love the optimism by most of the posters but sadly I feel you are clutching at straws! I hope that tomorrow night you will copy my posting and even start a new thread "Davew stop being so negative"! I look forward to that!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 11, 2019, 11:10:39 PM
I love the optimism by most of the posters but sadly I feel you are clutching at straws! I hope that tomorrow night you will copy my posting and even start a new thread "Davew stop being so negative"! I look forward to that!!

I am clutching the last straw, but if it goes pear shaped again, I may have to join you in your favourite bar, and try and be as realistic as you are.
But whilst there is a some hope I fancy a 1 1 Result.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

-We have lost 9 away games out of 11 this season
- Two managers have accumulated 2 points in 11 games
-The only team not to win an away game in the premier league

Before you read the horror stories about our Turf Moor, we have more concerning issues about winning anywhere other than Craven Cottage this season.

filham

Some 20 years ago I had a number of walking holidays in Lancashire not far from Burnley and remember fine walks over Pendle Hill. A lot of stories circulate in the area of the infamous Pendle Witches who lived there many years ago and who had strong powers.

I think that someone from Fulham must have upset these witches and Burnley fans have harnessed their powers to ensure we never win at Turf Moor.

Nonsense you all cry, well give me a better explanation as to why we have not won there since 1951.

ffcne

We have to take our chances.Sess has missed a few this season.
Which could have given us different outcomes.
Sess will come good today

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: filham on January 12, 2019, 10:52:36 AM
Some 20 years ago I had a number of walking holidays in Lancashire not far from Burnley and remember fine walks over Pendle Hill. A lot of stories circulate in the area of the infamous Pendle Witches who lived there many years ago and who had strong powers.

I think that someone from Fulham must have upset these witches and Burnley fans have harnessed their powers to ensure we never win at Turf Moor.

Nonsense you all cry, well give me a better explanation as to why we have not won there since 1951.

Nonsense I cry
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES