watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Half time 'entertainment' Vs spuds - what the hell

Started by LBNo11, October 17, 2010, 02:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senior Supporter

Phew! In the hope of confirming my sanity I resorted to Google, where I found an article from the Lancashire Guardian in which a guy recalls playing in a Gilette Cup Final at Craven Cottage (late 50's) when the Dagenham Girl Pipers provided the pre-match entertainment. I can't imagine I was at that match, but it's enough to convince me that I am not imagining seeing them there. :dft010:

Jimpav

Quote from: Lork on October 18, 2010, 10:36:20 AM
i reckon it's quite sad. my dad didn't. (thanks to jimpav for gettin me a couple of tickets by the way)

You are welcome mate - hope your dad enjoyed it regardless of the result.

Best thing about the Bodogs was hearing a bit of Elvis at half time.

Lighthouse

I came across an article on Google that although more modern does confirm the brass band.

The half-time entertainment often includes the SW6ers (previously called The Cravenettes) which are a group of female cheerleaders. However, other events have included brass bands, Michael Jackson (albeit just walking around as opposed to performing), Travis playing, Arabic dancing, keepie uppie professionals and presentational awards. Most games also feature the 'Fulham flutter', a half-time draw; and a shoot-out competition of some kind,
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

I also remember an Abba Tribute band performing before and and half time.Or am I the only one who remembers that too.

Was I the only bloke who turned up in those days?  :011:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

I remember a bunch of dancers strutting their stuff to "Hey Mickey" at one half time. That must be early 80s.

alfie

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 18, 2010, 01:52:17 PM
Quote from: SS on October 18, 2010, 11:01:41 AM
In my yoof it was the Dagenham Girl Pipers who often "entertained" us at half-time.

Why don't I remember any of this? The Dagenham Girl Pipers were a big deal when I was young - I would have remembered them, particularly around bedtime that night :019:

I used to go out in my youth with a Dagenham girl piper, she was always blowing something or another
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Senior Supporter

Did she also squeeze the attached bag? I bet that made your eyes water.

CorkedHat

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 18, 2010, 02:06:54 PM
...just for you CH, you can have your 'Pictures Of Lilly' moment tonight:-

DAGENHAM GIRL PIPERS 1960's

I must confess, LB, that some of those girls could blow my pipe any time they wished although I do appreciate that coming from Essex we would have to do it in a bus shelter  :005:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

licker

Quote from: CorkedHat on October 19, 2010, 12:48:14 AM
I must confess, LB, that some of those girls could blow my pipe any time they wished although I do appreciate that coming from Essex we would have to do it in a bus shelter  :005:

Is that you at one of the re-unions Corky.

CorkedHat

Quote from: licker on October 19, 2010, 09:27:26 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on October 19, 2010, 12:48:14 AM

Is that you at one of the re-unions Corky.

The last time I saw legs like that they were on a Chippendale table  :019:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us