https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I just spoke to Tony Khan about transfers

Started by JoelH5, January 11, 2019, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David I

Quote from: alfie on January 11, 2019, 08:12:28 PM
Quote from: David I on January 11, 2019, 07:36:28 PM
So it appears TK and the team are happy to gamble big bucks on injured players.. (Mitroglu / Mawson) - big bucks 30m on unproven Prem players (Seri/ Anguissa) BUT not happy to gamble a couple of mil salary on a proven  prem quality player in a position that needs urgent remedy..
You couldn't make it up!!
Just a thought maybe this proven premiership player does not want to come, until he knows it's his only option, after all he has until the end of the month.

Perhaps he doesn't... Probably end up paying over the odds for fotheringham or Jozabed esk players. Or players in demise cos they may or may not make it ( highly unlikely)... Ho hum.
The majority on this board recognise what players are required - common sense - v risk and reward.

Thought the whole purpose of the recruitment team was to, um, recruit ......

David I

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 11, 2019, 08:07:22 PM
So it appears TK and the team are happy to gamble big bucks on injured players.. (Mitroglu / Mawson) - big bucks 30m on unproven Prem players (Seri/ Anguissa) BUT not happy to gamble a couple of mil salary on a proven  prem quality player in a position that needs urgent remedy..

But you just did !!
Uh? Your reply makes no sense ....!

Sting of the North

Quote from: David I on January 11, 2019, 08:41:07 PM

But you just did !!

Maybe you should just read it again, Since I thought it crystal Clear.

David I

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 11, 2019, 08:54:42 PM

But you just did !!

So you think it better to gamble 30 mil on a non Prem player than 1 maybe 1.5 .....

Dianne Abbott school of football transfers 😂😂

Sting of the North

Quote from: David I on January 11, 2019, 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 11, 2019, 08:54:42 PM

But you just did !!

So you think it better to gamble 30 mil on a non Prem player than 1 maybe 1.5 .....

Dianne Abbott school of football transfers 😂😂

No, but he obviously referred to the part that you made up (that they would not gamble a couple of mil on salaries). It was funny, because you ended your rant with "you couldn't make it up".... I guess the joke got lost somewhere along the way :)

Milo

Pretty generic PR response from Khan.

Would've been more helpful to give details eg made two offers but still in negotiations etc. January market is difficult because... etc etc.

west kowloon white

Was depressed before Dianne Abbott was bought into it- where's the whisky...

BedsFFC

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 11, 2019, 08:20:21 PM
I love your pitch Beds but it is the pitch of a Fulham  fan! I too love this club and always will. I just can't see us staying up. Too much is wrong and too little time to make it right.

You could well be right. I just didnt agree with the comment "the best thing we have is being in London"