watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Andrews White

Saw some of Zardes whilst out in the States. Not bad but possibly not what we need, all dependent upon what price they'd ask for but would do a job in the championship if we went down

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

BedsFFC

Surely a chat with Dembele MKI is worthwhile.

I personally think he would provide such a lift, we'd be in with a fight. I'm sure he still has a soft spot for us and unlike the Dempsey situation, he is still very nearly at the top of his game.

6 month loan.

Assuming his injury is not worse than is advertised

filham

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 13, 2019, 06:05:54 PM
Surely a chat with Dembele MKI is worthwhile.

I personally think he would provide such a lift, we'd be in with a fight. I'm sure he still has a soft spot for us and unlike the Dempsey situation, he is still very nearly at the top of his game.

6 month loan.

Assuming his injury is not worse than is advertised

Could be worth a try but suspect his wages are high and think Ranieri may have better ideas for someone to be the on the field leader he needs.

FulhamStu

We need a leader at the centre of our defence,  Mawson was a good start, but we need more of that, esp now he is injured.  We also need to significantly upgrade right back.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 13, 2019, 07:08:02 PM
We need a leader at the centre of our defence,  Mawson was a good start, but we need more of that, esp now he is injured.  We also need to significantly upgrade right back.

I think you misspelled "left".   Cyrus is no worse at his position than Joe, and I'd argue that he's asked to do more both offensively and defensively.

FulhamStu

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 13, 2019, 07:14:02 PM

I think you misspelled "left".   Cyrus is no worse at his position than Joe, and I'd argue that he's asked to do more both offensively and defensively.

Well personally I would play Sess as left wing back if stay 5 at the back.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 13, 2019, 07:18:47 PM

Fulham already has a problem scoring goals.   Are you bringing in Vietto as the regular winger?  Moving Schurrle to the left?

imo...even though Sess was ineffective against Burnley...he's a better winger than he is a LWB.    Too much work on offense will leave him defensively exposed.

People will get on him just as they do Cyrus now, for being out of position...and for not scoring enough.

St. Andrews White

Ole confirmed Giuseppe Rossi training with Utd to get fit, and says he's looking very fit and sharp currently.

Can think of worse cheap options for another striker

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

JoelH5

I just pray we get a decent RB in this week, then a CB. If so, I still think we have a chance.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

DevonFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 13, 2019, 07:51:31 PM
I just pray we get a decent RB in this week, then a CB. If so, I still think we have a chance.

And LWB and CB and Striker... fingers crossed

FulhamStu

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 13, 2019, 07:28:46 PM

Fulham already has a problem scoring goals.   Are you bringing in Vietto as the regular winger?  Moving Schurrle to the left?

imo...even though Sess was ineffective against Burnley...he's a better winger than he is a LWB.    Too much work on offense will leave him defensively exposed.

People will get on him just as they do Cyrus now, for being out of position...and for not scoring enough.

You see this is where I just don't agree with Ranieri or Slav.    We can't afford to play wingers.   Plus..if we have 5 at the back and wing backs, they become wingers when you get forward.  I really don't understand how you can have only 2 in midfield.  Seri gets abuse, when in truth he is trying to manage a midfield 2 v greater numbers because we play 3 forwards.   I would keep the 5 at the back, 3 in midfield and 2 upfront, Mitro plus one of many.

DevonFFC

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 13, 2019, 08:04:25 PM

You see this is where I just don't agree with Ranieri or Slav.    We can't afford to play wingers.   Plus..if we have 5 at the back and wing backs, they become wingers when you get forward.  I really don't understand how you can have only 2 in midfield.  Seri gets abuse, when in truth he is trying to manage a midfield 2 v greater numbers because we play 3 forwards.   I would keep the 5 at the back, 3 in midfield and 2 upfront, Mitro plus one of many.

I agree, which is why I think a running man to play up top with Mitro, the wing backs provide the width and the midfield provide the through balls

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 13, 2019, 08:07:59 PM

I agree, which is why I think a running man to play up top with Mitro, the wing backs provide the width and the midfield provide the through balls

In a perfect Fulham world...they'd have another forward with the attributes of both AK47 and Schurrle.

There has to be someone up top that can make runs off Mitro to stretch the defense (ala Jamie Vardy)

All (including Sess) of Fulham's options outside of AK47 are too slow, and he's too inconsistent and crazy.

DevonFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 13, 2019, 08:27:20 PM

In a perfect Fulham world...they'd have another forward with the attributes of both AK47 and Schurrle.

There has to be someone up top that can make runs off Mitro to stretch the defense (ala Jamie Vardy)

All (including Sess) of Fulham's options outside of AK47 are too slow, and he's too inconsistent and crazy.

He also could not hit a barn door 9 times out of 10

The Rational Fan

Why don't we raid Huddersfield for three players (Zanka CB, Billing DCM and Mounie SK)  to improve the bench, their season is over. They have played Fulham, Cardiff and Burnley twice getting six points; and now they have to play the other sixteen team again that they only got five points against in the first round.

junior white

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 13, 2019, 07:36:38 PM
Ole confirmed Giuseppe Rossi training with Utd to get fit, and says he's looking very fit and sharp currently.

Can think of worse cheap options for another striker

hasn't he had a couple of major long term injuries? knee ligaments or breaks? not saying he hasn't recovered but two major injuries (if my memory is correct) are usually hard to overcome fully

LVBPTS

BABEL ON FULHAM RADAR

Fulham are confident that Ryan Babel will arrive on loan from Besiktas this week, according to the Daily Mail.

The 32-year-old has been a regular for the Turkish side but wants a return to the Premier League
Supporter since 2000

hovewhite

that's very sound thinking .plus an extra body in midfield.

FFC1987

I'll obviously support him but I'm not sure Babel is hat we need or would actually add much. Surely we want pace like Kamara for this team and Babel doesn't really provide that at 32.....In my eyes for even a chance to stay up we need full backs left and right, a CM, CB and a striker.

Spirit of 2000

We may manage to terminate the TFM loan, get Drinkwater in on loan, Cahill on a short term contract on a free & Ryan Babel on loan - does this give us a shot of surival? A right back would indeed be nice as well - not sure of the cheap/easy fixes available there.

I've said this before but with the perilous league position I genuinely do not expect any big money permanent signings - and tbh the Khan's have a legitimate reason to not go that route due to FFP impact on next season, so the above scenario is about as good as I can see it getting with us keeping our better/highly paid players until the summer and they're moved on then should we fail to beat the drop.