https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 14, 2019, 05:33:50 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 14, 2019, 05:30:10 PM
Works both ways on loan agreements, lets say he was doing great and Utd wanted him back? The terms are those that are agreed and if Utd dont want to end the loan then thats their right. We went into this contract with them like any other. Now it would be bad form of Utd to not take him back, but they are within their rights.

Surely the only way out for us is for us to find actively find him a new club to continue the loan. That would suit all parties. However, he's been unwanted from the minute Ranieri came in the door so i don't see how the recruitment team can't source another club like Celtic who are rumoured , to take him on loan.
However given his performances, and the fact it's mainly struggling teams looking fighters, that there will be little to no interest
I put one reason down him not playing under CR is that they didnt want him to get injured. Just that one sub by him and hes done nothing else.
Just the views of a long term fan

aaronmcguigan

I agree, but where's the consistency between resting him so he doesn't get injured, and not taking him back because they want him to fight for his place.
The solution needs to be a new club, don't see why united dont just place him somewhere else given their network of contacts compared to our team

Bassey the warrior

If Ranieri has made clear to Utd he's not wanted it's pointless him being here, Utd get nothing from it. They should realized it didn't work out and take him back.

Barrett487

I think this is old news

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-watford-west-ham-race-frenchman-contact-transfer-situation-ongoing/

Fulham, Watford and West Ham in race for Frenchman, 'in contact' over transfer, situation ongoing

Two reports from the Italian press link the same Premier League clubs to Sampdoria's Gregorie Defrel today.

Both Tuttosport and Tutto Mercato Web claim that Fulham, Watford and West Ham could be signing the player in the January window.

Starting with Tuttosport, they say that Sampdoria don't plan to sell Defrel in the winter market, but that would change in case he asks to leave the club.

They say the striker is wanted by Atalanta, but the Cottagers, Hornets and Hammers also get a mention due to the recent rumours.

Then website Tutto Mercato Web comes up with a story claiming that Atalanta still depend on a departure to go after the striker.

It's a different situation with the Premier League sides, who have been 'in contact' with Sampdoria.

TMW names the three same English clubs, and points out that Fulham are indeed in the race, despite Claudio Ranieri suggesting otherwise.

Matt10

Wow, Wolves give up on Bonatini after the season he had last year. I know they may not give him to us, but I'd love that signing. Even for the pessimistic, he's proven he can score in the Championship.

DevonFFC

Odds lengthening on is signing Cahill, Moses and Drinkwater

Guessing we are pursuing other options, wonder how much Man U not taking TFM has had to do with it

Riversider

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 14, 2019, 10:14:23 PM

Guessing we are pursuing other options, wonder how much Man U not taking TFM has had to do with it

Im guessing because it makes the Drinkwater loan signing impossible, quite a lot.

Statto

In which case the obvious questions are, did we have the intelligence to ask Man Utd in December whether they'd take TFM back, and if so, what did they say? Did they say sure, that's fine, then change their minds a few weeks later? Or was Tony just too busy in talks with Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Giant Haystacks at that time, and didn't even ask?

davew

Quote from: Statto on January 14, 2019, 10:30:59 PM

In which case the obvious questions are, did we have the intelligence to ask Man Utd in December whether they'd take TFM back, and if so, what did they say? Did they say sure, that's fine, then change their minds a few weeks later? Or was Tony just too busy in talks with Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Giant Haystacks at that time, and didn't even ask?
LOL!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Quote from: Statto on January 14, 2019, 10:30:59 PM

If hacksaw jim duggan and his length of 3x2 graced the cottage I would die a happy man, he he could convince jake the snake Roberts and the British bulldog to tag along that would be the greatest transfer window ever

YoungsBitter

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 14, 2019, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 14, 2019, 10:44:00 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-claudio-ranieri-13856293?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6591813/Fulham-attempt-conclude-deal-Danny-Simpson.html
Somehow I dont see Tony Khan dropping the age policy, especially after losing on Saturday. These two are 32 and in positions where speed is pretty critical, does not make sense. I understand maybe for CB and someone of Cahill's stature for a season remaining loan but really? Danny Friggin Simpson and Ryan Babel?
Quark, strangeness and charm

KJS

It would only affect one of the signings as only 1 would be a loan the other 2 would have to be brought

DevonFFC

Quote from: KJS on January 15, 2019, 09:41:33 AM

It would only affect one of the signings as only 1 would be a loan the other 2 would have to be brought

Depends if it is a deal to tie up a few in one deal,

Hoppus

FFC1987

Moltobueno

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 14, 2019, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 14, 2019, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 14, 2019, 10:44:00 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-claudio-ranieri-13856293?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6591813/Fulham-attempt-conclude-deal-Danny-Simpson.html
Somehow I dont see Tony Khan dropping the age policy, especially after losing on Saturday. These two are 32 and in positions where speed is pretty critical, does not make sense. I understand maybe for CB and someone of Cahill's stature for a season remaining loan but really? Danny Friggin Simpson and Ryan Babel?

Maybe it's because Ranieri said he wants/needs player(s) with experience.

JoelH5

Danny Simpson would still be a huge upgrade on what we have. He'd be great with Mawson. On that note, any news on the injury?
I was there, standing in the Putney end