more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 14, 2019, 10:14:37 AM
We may manage to terminate the TFM loan, get Drinkwater in on loan, Cahill on a short term contract on a free & Ryan Babel on loan - does this give us a shot of surival? A right back would indeed be nice as well - not sure of the cheap/easy fixes available there.

Only if Ranieri reverts back to a back four and makes it work with Drinkwater and Chambers as the defensive midfielders.
Because our full backs are definitely not good enough to do what's asked of wing backs.

Holders

We may manage to terminate the TFM loan, get Drinkwater in on loan, Cahill on a short term contract on a free & Ryan Babel on loan - does this give us a shot of surival? A right back would indeed be nice as well - not sure of the cheap/easy fixes available there.

I've said this before but with the perilous league position I genuinely do not expect any big money permanent signings - and tbh the Khan's have a legitimate reason to not go that route due to FFP impact on next season, so the above scenario is about as good as I can see it getting with us keeping our better/highly paid players until the summer and they're moved on then should we fail to beat the drop.

The problem seems to be that Man U don't want TFM back as they think he needs the experience of having to fight for a place if he wants game time.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Matt10

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 13, 2019, 07:36:38 PM
Ole confirmed Giuseppe Rossi training with Utd to get fit, and says he's looking very fit and sharp currently.

Can think of worse cheap options for another striker

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Would love Rossi, yeah. Figured he'd get on with our Italian manager considering how much Serie A and Italy national experience Rossi has. Sure, 31 years, and smaller than Vietto, but much more proven.

DevonFFC

Bordeaux and Caen interested in taking Ayite

N_O_W_S

Been seeing Victor Anichebe being mentioned. Free agent after leaving his Chinese club.

fulhamben

Quote from: Holders on January 14, 2019, 11:16:33 AM

I've said this before but with the perilous league position I genuinely do not expect any big money permanent signings - and tbh the Khan's have a legitimate reason to not go that route due to FFP impact on next season, so the above scenario is about as good as I can see it getting with us keeping our better/highly paid players until the summer and they're moved on then should we fail to beat the drop.

The problem seems to be that Man U don't want TFM back as they think he needs the experience of having to fight for a place if he wants game time.
that most be code for no one else wants him and fulham might as Well pay his wages.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on January 14, 2019, 01:04:00 PM
Quote from: Holders on January 14, 2019, 11:16:33 AM

that most be code for no one else wants him and fulham might as Well pay his wages.

I really have no idea! The item I read said that he'd started for Man U several times and they felt that he had potential, hence the loan for more game-time. There was a vague allusion to attitude leading on to the point that he needs to learn that you fight for a place with a positive attitude rather than by sulking. That sounds plausible but your point could just as easily be correct.

Either way, if the problem is that they allegedly don't want to take him back, hence no Cahill.

LVBPTS

Yohan Cabaye has been released by Al Nasr.

The former Crystal Palace midfielder and chose to move to Arabian Gulf League side Al Nasr in the summer but the club have released him just a few months into his two year deal.
Supporter since 2000

St. Andrews White

Quote from: corbs83 on January 14, 2019, 02:25:52 PM
Yohan Cabaye has been released by Al Nasr.

The former Crystal Palace midfielder and chose to move to Arabian Gulf League side Al Nasr in the summer but the club have released him just a few months into his two year deal.
Would take him in a heartbeat

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

LVBPTS

Supporter since 2000

Spirit of 2000

Got it - we sign Cabaye and Yaya Toure on frees then all of the following are out of contract in the summer so we offer them all 6 month contracts & take them on frees ... Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka, Danny Simpson, Shinji Okazaki, Danny Welbeck, Michael Vorm ...none of them are getting starts it may push up the average age somewhat but LOADS of premiership experience there!!  092.gif

:005:

DevonFFC

Emiliano Sala is heading to Cardiff City for talks over a potential £18m transfer.

[BBC Sport]

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 14, 2019, 03:16:10 PM
Got it - we sign Cabaye and Yaya Toure on frees then all of the following are out of contract in the summer so we offer them all 6 month contracts & take them on frees ... Gary Cahill, Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka, Danny Simpson, Shinji Okazaki, Danny Welbeck, Michael Vorm ...none of them are getting starts it may push up the average age somewhat but LOADS of premiership experience there!!  092.gif

Whilst you joke, almost every player on that list would improve us and I wouldn't say no! Baines over Bryan, Cahill over everything we have, Cabaye above anyone in our midfield, Welbeck could complement our attack very well too

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 14, 2019, 03:33:10 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 14, 2019, 03:16:10 PM

Whilst you joke, almost every player on that list would improve us and I wouldn't say no! Baines over Bryan, Cahill over everything we have, Cabaye above anyone in our midfield, Welbeck could complement our attack very well too

Tongue in cheek yes but you have a point .... well there you go Tony K ... go get them in and if we go down we've not paid out a load of cash and none of them are under contract for the championship! Sorted!!

Bill2

I know it is defined in the terms of the loan agreement but unless it prohibits the return of a loan player we must send MFM back, Man U must have been having a good laugh when we asked about him. Can we just pay his wages and cancel the contract even if he does not go back?

Holders

Quote from: Bill2 on January 14, 2019, 04:15:47 PM
I know it is defined in the terms of the loan agreement but unless it prohibits the return of a loan player we must send MFM back, Man U must have been having a good laugh when we asked about him. Can we just pay his wages and cancel the contract even if he does not go back?

I think that, even if that were the case, it wouldn't be the wisest thing to do in terms of inter-club/club-agent relations and our reputation when it comes to future transactions.

sarnian

Quote from: Bill2 on January 14, 2019, 04:15:47 PM

The answer is simple. United want him to have game time so refuse to take him back. Fulham should reply that we have no intention of playing him again this season therefore it is not beneficial to him or United to stay. United are  :dead horse:

filham

We are now just taking shots in the dark, even real rumours have given up on us.

MJG

Works both ways on loan agreements, lets say he was doing great and Utd wanted him back? The terms are those that are agreed and if Utd dont want to end the loan then thats their right. We went into this contract with them like any other. Now it would be bad form of Utd to not take him back, but they are within their rights.
Just the views of a long term fan

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: MJG on January 14, 2019, 05:30:10 PM
Works both ways on loan agreements, lets say he was doing great and Utd wanted him back? The terms are those that are agreed and if Utd dont want to end the loan then thats their right. We went into this contract with them like any other. Now it would be bad form of Utd to not take him back, but they are within their rights.

Surely the only way out for us is for us to find actively find him a new club to continue the loan. That would suit all parties. However, he's been unwanted from the minute Ranieri came in the door so i don't see how the recruitment team can't source another club like Celtic who are rumoured , to take him on loan.
However given his performances, and the fact it's mainly struggling teams looking fighters, that there will be little to no interest