Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Holders on January 18, 2019, 11:58:08 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 18, 2019, 11:56:37 AM
Quote from: Hoppus on January 18, 2019, 11:51:34 AM
I just heard that Babel is going to be our only signing this month. Quite disappointing.

If that's true, thats an utter disgrace and throwing the towel in.

IF it's true it would show that we've given up but I think we may still be surprised.

IF, clearly the operative word, but 100% agree we've thrown the towel in if true. Let's hope Khan and co. get the players Raniari need's to keep us up.....I'm not convinced currently.....sigh

Woolly Mammoth

I just heard that Babel is going to be our only signing this month. Quite disappointing.

Where did you hear this from then? Reveal the source please. Because I cannot believe it.
You commenting that it is quite disappointing is the understatement of the year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

We're trying to get Terry Angus to come out of retirement.. Terry...Terry..Terry.. 049:gif

JoelH5

Pre-match new conference is at 1pm so we will see then
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

JoelH5

Ranieri has said we are still looking at people so the comment above about saying we're done is not true.

Tempest

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 18, 2019, 01:25:13 PM
Ranieri has said we are still looking at people so the comment above about saying we're done is not true.
Depends. How often are clubs actually honest about anything really? Unless they absolutely have no other option they will not be honest about very much. That said I cannot believe we are not looking at a way to stay in the PL? Personally happy to go down, happier seeing us beat Reading than I am to see us lose against Burnley.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

ToodlesMcToot

If this is true, we need to make one more signing on 1-Feb - David Wagner.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

DevonFFC

Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri says it would "be fantastic" if they signed Chelsea defender Gary Cahill in the January transfer window

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11610826/gary-cahill-transfer-to-fulham-would-be-fantastic-says-claudio-ranieri

JoelH5

Quote from: Tempest on January 18, 2019, 01:29:22 PM
Depends. How often are clubs actually honest about anything really? Unless they absolutely have no other option they will not be honest about very much. That said I cannot believe we are not looking at a way to stay in the PL? Personally happy to go down, happier seeing us beat Reading than I am to see us lose against Burnley.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt..

hovewhite

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 18, 2019, 02:47:10 PM
Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri says it would "be fantastic" if they signed Chelsea defender Gary Cahill in the January transfer window

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11610826/gary-cahill-transfer-to-fulham-would-be-fantastic-says-claudio-ranieri

This juicy bit.

QuoteRanieri said: "Gary is a very important player and for us it would be fantastic. I don't know if he wants to come and fight with us."

So...extrapolating on that...

Fulham want Cahill (otherwise Claudio would downplay him joining the team) yet...(like I thought) Cahill is taking his time weighing his options.

The front office is trying to do it's job, but contracts are two way streets.   

Patience is needed.    I know it's painful...but unless squads can MAKE players sign for their team there is nothing management can do.

Cahill may not sign with anyone until January 30th.      He doesn't have to.

JoelH5

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 18, 2019, 03:16:42 PM
Quote from: DevonFFC on January 18, 2019, 02:47:10 PM

This juicy bit.

QuoteRanieri said: "Gary is a very important player and for us it would be fantastic. I don't know if he wants to come and fight with us."

So...extrapolating on that...

Fulham want Cahill (otherwise Claudio would downplay him joining the team) yet...(like I thought) Cahill is taking his time weighing his options.

The front office is trying to do it's job, but contracts are two way streets.   

Patience is needed.    I know it's painful...but unless squads can MAKE players sign for their team there is nothing management can do.

Cahill may not sign with anyone until January 30th.      He doesn't have to.

Spot on my friend. I do think it could be worth saying (which we may have said) you have until the 25th as if you don't sign we will need an alternative. Could force his hand.

gang

It will be good to see someone who will shoot.

filham

If , as is likely, Cahill gets a better offer, I hope we have someone else lined up to bring in before the deadline.

filham

The looking should have been done ages ago, we are now in the time zone where
offers are being made, negotiated and accepted or rejected.

If players are not on Ranieri's wanted list then they are a risk.

@jolslover

Happy to bet you any amount of money now he will not be our only signing. Absolute rubbish
STH H3

Mince n Tatties