https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window: As it happened, and discussion

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 07:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Getting it in early....

Naaagedue DU DU Pushing fulham up the league
Naagadue du du hes the one you'll never beat.
To the left to the right jump up and down and to your knees
In defence he will fight to our fulham melody

100% not how it's pronounced but surely something along these lines is too good to pass up!

RP24

I dont want to write anyone off before they've played for us but I cant get excited about a CB that hasn't played at a decent level and whos only experience of note is 20 games for cameroon. But some feel its ok as he's over 6ft.

RP24

The Bordeaux RB on the other hand would excite me as surely he's better than Christie. 

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on January 31, 2019, 12:57:49 PM
I dont want to write anyone off before they've played for us but I cant get excited about a CB that hasn't played at a decent level and whos only experience of note is 20 games for cameroon. But some feel its ok as he's over 6ft.

Are you excited by any of our current defenders.

Two Ton Ted

see what worries me about any player coming to English football for the first time is how they respond to the pace and physicality of the English game, and how long it will take them to adapt. Ligue 1 and the Czech League are very different to the Premiership.

We are not in a position to give them time to bed in, unless we are planning for the Championship next season.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on January 31, 2019, 01:06:42 PM
see what worries me about any player coming to English football for the first time is how they respond to the pace and physicality of the English game, and how long it will take them to adapt. Ligue ! and the Czech League are very different to the Premiership.

We are not in a position to give them time to bed in, unless we are planning for the Championship next season.

Bryan and Christie are from English leagues and they are crap. A good player can adapt to a different league.

twang

Get French Football News
Bordeaux source pours cold water on possible Youssouf Sabaly to Fulham deal to L'Équipe: "They want him, but we are not open to selling at this time."

BedsFFC

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 31, 2019, 01:09:17 PM
see what worries me about any player coming to English football for the first time is how they respond to the pace and physicality of the English game, and how long it will take them to adapt. Ligue ! and the Czech League are very different to the Premiership.

Bryan and Christie are from English leagues and they are crap. A good player can adapt to a different league.

Crap. Nice one.

Sting of the North

The truth is that it is very likely that we won't get anyone in that is both match fit and has vast recent experience of the PL. The reason for this is that we are obviously not a very attractive option for those players at the moment, generally speaking. A good enough player will adapt, but how quickly is very individual.

JoelH5

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 31, 2019, 01:16:42 PM

The truth is that it is very likely that we won't get anyone in that is both match fit and has vast recent experience of the PL. The reason for this is that we are obviously not a very attractive option for those players at the moment, generally speaking. A good enough player will adapt, but how quickly is very individual.

Nortveit would hopefully not need too long. The quality in the Bundesliga is good and he also has PL experience already.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Agree Joel, sounds like a good option given our current situation. I have not really seen him play, but that goes for most players we are linked with at the moment. And at face value a less risky option than the guy from the Czech league, as the step up is definitely smaller.

Two Ton Ted

They are not crap, they are possibly just not good enough to compete at Premiership level.  Two of the three players rumoured to be coming in today are coming from inferior leagues.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

JoelH5

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on January 31, 2019, 01:27:48 PM

They are not crap, they are possibly just not good enough to compete at Premiership level.  Two of the three players rumoured to be coming in today are coming from inferior leagues.

Can you remind me which league Hangeland came from?
Can you remind me which league Dempsey came from?
Can you remind me which league Saha came from?

Yes these may be exceptions but it proves there are good players in 'inferior' league to the PL. I'd rather wait and see how they perform for us. At worst it gives us more options and depth. Plus they aren't coming in with the low confidence our defence currently has.

Babel came from Turkey and he has started well. A lot on here criticised that transfer.

LVBPTS

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2019, 01:35:04 PM

Yes these may be exceptions but it proves there are good players in 'inferior' league to the PL. I'd rather wait and see how they perform for us. At worst it gives us more options and depth. Plus they aren't coming in with the low confidence our defence currently has.

Babel came from Turkey and he has started well. A lot on here criticised that transfer.
Spot on

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

Statto

Babel and Saha had played in England before. Hangeland had previously worked with our (English) manager at the time. Both he and Dempsey also spoke perfect English. And in any case Dempsey was crap for the first couple of years.

with all that said, we've signed so many french/french african players so far, players from that category are more likely to settle quickly in our team than English lads

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2019, 01:40:34 PM

Babel and Saha had played in England before. Hangeland had previously worked with our (English) manager at the time. Both he and Dempsey also spoke perfect English. And in any case Dempsey was crap for the first couple of years.

with all that said, we've signed so many french/french african players so far, players from that category are more likely to settle quickly in our team than English lads

With that logic Leicester wouldn't have signed Kante from the European giants that are Caen!

toshes mate

I actually agree that we all need to wait and see if anybody signs for us, and, if they do, how they play over a number of games and, not least, their duration at FFC.  Personally I'd like the fun of actually being able to go through that process with multiple signings today, and not be faced with the same outlook as I have of now.

DevonFFC

Claudio Ranieri is confident Fulham will sign players today.

"If we have the chance, some good players will arrive. The club is working hard and by 11pm tonight, something good could happen."

Sting of the North

Of course players from lesser leagues can perform well in the PL, there are countless examples of that. But it is still a factor to consider as an  unknown as compared to someone that has already proved himself capable in this league.

We should also take into account however, that some players can work well in one team but look pretty poor in another even if the teams play in the same league. Point being, there are many factors behind why a player is a success, a failure or somewhere in between, and the current league of that player is just one.