more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomorrow's Papers Tony Khan

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 12, 2019, 09:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 13, 2019, 11:32:49 AM
Lets not forget the Khans are not in this because they love the club, they are in it for the money
Really what money, and how do you know this?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Luka

If TK is being trolled then he's entitled to a bit of slack.
His response could have been much stronger. He's had a privileged upbringing and he's lucky to be where he is, but he's under no obligation to just suck it up.
The troll has won this battle but maybe not the war.

Holders

Quote from: Luka on January 13, 2019, 12:26:14 PM
His response could have been much stronger. He's had a privileged upbringing and he's lucky to be where he is, but he's under no obligation to just suck it up.

I'm not sure he has, tbh. I think most people would think that TK was entitled to his comment.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on January 13, 2019, 12:31:44 PM
Quote from: Luka on January 13, 2019, 12:26:14 PM

I'm not sure he has, tbh. I think most people would think that TK was entitled to his comment.
He has the right to make a comment, for sure, but I think his choice of comment showed up his naive lack of understanding about football support in England and he was under no duress.

filham

None of us know the inner workings of our club but Tony Khan is the man who should be controlling things and an enormous sum of £100 million has be wasted over one transfer window , he has to take the can back.

However his football experience is limited and he must have relied on advisers, some of those should stand up to be counted. One of the advisers had to be Jocanovic and he has now paid the price with his job. Lets just hope that Ranieri can offer better advice and that others will now keep quiet to ensure that the new manager gets his way without opposition.

Steven Ageroad

Just picture the scene, TK has just received a text from an agent of his top 2 transfer targets saying that they will not be joining FFC but going to a rival, he'd spent a lot of time and effort on the deal. At that moment he receive a comment on social media,from some little oik, telling him "to leave our club". I think I may have used something stronger than "Go to hell".

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2019, 08:36:10 AM
You gotta laugh how journalism makes mountains out of mole hills,its gone world wide now on Fox sports Australia and over the sports pages of the New Zealand Herald.😁

Mole hills are their golden ticket!

Lyle from Hangeland

A lot of fans deserve a good cussing. Fair play to Tony Khan.

..FOF..

The fire have been lit.

Will it cook us a good meal or burn down the house?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 14, 2019, 02:49:28 AM
The fire have been lit.

Will it cook us a good meal or burn down the house?

It will turn out to be just a salad.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: john dempsey on January 12, 2019, 10:37:44 PM
ridiculous statement , without the khans we don't have a ship.
probably not even the proverbial pot to p%%s in.

What an absurd statement. Fulham has been around long before the khan's and will be around long after them.

RaySmith

The abusive fan was out of order - feel sympathy for Khan, who is, after all, making himself open to personal  communication with fans.

I believe Khan is a genuine bloke in his management at Fulham, even if  he hasn't always made the right decisions.
The truth is, is that we just  don't really know  much about the details of Fulham's transfer dealings, apart from the fact that they haven't worked out very well considering the money spent, which I'm sure he is well aware of. and desperate to rectify - do you really think the khans aren't bothered if we go down? especially with work on the new stand about to commence.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: nose on January 13, 2019, 09:11:10 AM
Quote from: Andy S on January 13, 2019, 01:46:57 AM
Totally unfair. The khans are happy to invest in Fulham. Yes they have made mistakes but they have my full support and if we go down then we have to fight to come back up again. I think a lot of people on here under estimate the task of staying in the prem once you get there. We will see

We understand everything you say. But the problem remains TK should not be in charge of recruitment or any football matters. If his father was not who he is TK would not have lasted a season. IMO,  i like the khans but this obvious error has to be corrected or we will never progress. Next season, if asit looks likely, we go down,  fills me with alarm because of what happened last time, we nearly slipped through twice.....   the khans do not learn from their errors, so it is likely to happpen again but we have lost a proper manager and imo got a less good one.

TK's words about closing the points gap are ridiculous, they sound like the childish nonsense of a john wayne western. He is not accepting his squad is third rate and is relying on the cavalry,, except he will be leading that and it is down to him we are where we are. He should move into a more strateguc role where he can do us some good, and leave the football to professionals.

Brian clough would have walked under this leadership.

Brian Clough was one of the greatest managers to grace the English Game, but no Manager (not even Brian Clough) should be able to sign a player (like David Nish) on "British-Record transfer fees' without even notifying the owners of the club (in that case Derby County). If anyone behaves like Brian Clough in any job, then they deserve to be sacked no matter how good they are at their job.

toshes mate

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 13, 2019, 01:46:29 PM
Just picture the scene, TK has just received a text from an agent of his top 2 transfer targets saying that they will not be joining FFC but going to a rival, he'd spent a lot of time and effort on the deal. At that moment he receive a comment on social media,from some little oik, telling him "to leave our club". I think I may have used something stronger than "Go to hell".
Folklore has it that that particular scenario has happened time and time before this window and, in any event, is not an excuse for abusing a supporter who asked, very politely, for TK to leave Fulham.  I know paying customers do not count for very much in contemporary society, indeed they couldn't count for much less, but that doesn't mean it is the right way for owners to be.  Much of professional entertainment is skewed in this way, and, again, that doesn't make any of it right.  Without the influx of undemocratic media and sponsorship money where would professional football be? 

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: filham on January 13, 2019, 01:23:29 PM
None of us know the inner workings of our club but Tony Khan is the man who should be controlling things and an enormous sum of £100 million has be wasted over one transfer window , he has to take the can back.

However his football experience is limited and he must have relied on advisers, some of those should stand up to be counted. One of the advisers had to be Jocanovic and he has now paid the price with his job. Lets just hope that Ranieri can offer better advice and that others will now keep quiet to ensure that the new manager gets his way without opposition.

When will you get into your head that TK not only has the final decision on players but the previous manager had no say in recruitment if any player he wanted didn't fulfill the stats 

There's enough evidence out there in comments from all the protagonists, all you have to do is read them carefully.

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on January 14, 2019, 08:10:36 AM
The abusive fan was out of order - feel sympathy for Khan, who is, after all, making himself open to personal  communication with fans.

I believe Khan is a genuine bloke in his management at Fulham, even if  he hasn't always made the right decisions.
The truth is, is that we just  don't really know  much about the details of Fulham's transfer dealings, apart from the fact that they haven't worked out very well considering the money spent, which I'm sure he is well aware of. and desperate to rectify - do you really think the khans aren't bothered if we go down? especially with work on the new stand about to commence.
With respect, Ray, it really is irrelevant whether or not you or anybody else 'believes' TK is 'genuine' in respect of any of his actions and activities.  He holds a position of seniority at FFC and is therefore responsible for being, at the very least, a voice of FFC.  Do you believe it is right for FFC to tell any of its supporters to 'go to hell' simply because they hold a view the owners do not like?  How did the Khan Snr behave when the media found out that SJ was on the way out in favour of Ranieri ahead of his plan?  Who, other than the Khans and their chums could possibly know enough for the press to get hold of the truth?  The Khans dropped down my league of respectful and decent owners over the SJ sacking debacle simply because of their clumsiness and amateurism.  Much better to be honest, in my humble opinion.

TK has chosen to interact on social media and I don't 'believe' anybody forced him to do so.  He must therefore practice what he preaches unless he wants to feel as abused as the 'genuine' supporter who politely asked him to leave may feel.   He has let himself and everybody else at FFC down simply by losing his rag.     

john dempsey

of course tony khan is to blame and should leave the club immediately,
he cant head a ball and I have yet to see him put a decent tackle in
and his goalscoring record is even worse lets blame him for everything.