watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£75 for Riverside tickets

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, January 13, 2019, 08:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnut

Haven't been to CC much this season. Just can't justify forking out that kind of money when away games cost £30.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

hovewhite

Quote from: Wingnut on January 13, 2019, 02:21:00 PM
Haven't been to CC much this season. Just can't justify forking out that kind of money when away games cost £30.
don't blame you at all!!!

hovewhite

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 13, 2019, 02:07:43 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 13, 2019, 01:33:03 PM
Not being computer savvy can anyone set up a query for members to vote on this?

Vote on what exactly mate ?  Buying tickets next season, or general prices etc ?

I don't think setting up a Poll on anything here is particularly tricky, just start by selecting New Poll,  and it gives a kind of simple template to do

Or it seems you can 'Add Poll' within a thread, which I have not done myself.
I'm not sure how to phrase the question if I'm honest.maybe it should be do you back season tickets an ground admission match tickets price increases to make the club richer.
That's what fans are doing.

Riversider

Not a chance will it be more expensive next season, not a chance in hell,  even with reduced capacity (If it happens)
Think all the supporters that bought early (before wembley) will have their prices frozen and all The Riversiders will see a reduction when they get moved to other areas,
I won't be renewing my 3 season tickets , not because of price, but because I have no desire to spend the next couple of years sitting behind the goal

alfie

Quote from: Riversider on January 13, 2019, 04:17:16 PM
Not a chance will it be more expensive next season, not a chance in hell,  even with reduced capacity (If it happens)
Think all the supporters that bought early (before wembley) will have their prices frozen and all The Riversiders will see a reduction when they get moved to other areas,
I won't be renewing my 3 season tickets , not because of price, but because I have no desire to spend the next couple of years sitting behind the goal
Great views from Putney end, personally I don't care where I sit as long as I do.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Southcoastffc

My memory may be fooling me but I'm pretty sure that when we were previously in the Prem, so pre 2014, best seats for the A games (Man U, Lpool, Chels etc) were £65.   That being the case, £75 is very reasonable.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Samjack

Anything over £30 for a game of football is a complete joke. £75 is outrageous. The club belongs to all of us and pricing out a poorer fan who has supported the club through thick and thin for a Jonny come lately or a tourist looking for a nice day out stinks. I have lost all respect for the Khans over this. It has made me see them as rich outsiders coming in and stealing the club away from ordinary fans who have been there far longer than they have. One fan priced out is one too many but it seems there are lots of us. As a fan base we really should be kicking up more of a fuss about this.

Penfold

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 13, 2019, 04:56:15 PM
My memory may be fooling me but I'm pretty sure that when we were previously in the Prem, so pre 2014, best seats for the A games (Man U, Lpool, Chels etc) were £65.   That being the case, £75 is very reasonable.
£75 is not reasonable. For £75 you can get guaranteed entertainment and enjoyment. For example, a gig at Half Moon (ticket + beer covered by £75). I went to a Bundesliga game earlier this season. A real eye opener.

MJG

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 13, 2019, 04:56:15 PM
it was that amount and as I have said on here from when prices came out for matchday tickets we seem to have looked at prices give years ago and added a fiver or tenner to each one. I think if we had stayed up in 2014 these would be the prices now.
Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2019, 04:41:44 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 13, 2019, 04:17:16 PM
Great views from Putney end, personally I don't care where I sit as long as I do.
agree and in the end do you support the team or your view from a seat?
If riversiders decide they don't want to sit behind a goal for two years then in many ways that just backs up the view many have of them.... Not that I agree having had a ST in the riverside during the Wilkins and keegan years. Also its very likely if you don't get a ST in the Putney end you will not have first rights back to the stand when it's built, so have to take that into account to.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Clubs like Fulham need to be careful, they will be losing fans to the tele/ armchair and could find themselves in the Championship with an expensive new stand only half full.

deadcowboys

Samjack, the club belongs to the Khans, it's only the spirit of the club that belongs to the fans.

Price on a par with top theatre or concert tickets. If we had a stadium with 30,000+ capacity we would might have more flexibility with prices but we preferred  to return to the much loved but outdated Cottage with poor facilities.

One James stannard

Quote from: deadcowboys on January 13, 2019, 06:38:13 PM
Samjack, the club belongs to the Khans, it's only the spirit of the club that belongs to the fans.

Price on a par with top theatre or concert tickets. If we had a stadium with 30,000+ capacity we would might have more flexibility with prices but we preferred  to return to the much loved but outdated Cottage with poor facilities.

Give me an outdated craven cottage with poor facilities over some of these soulless grounds ANYDAY!!

Samjack

I don't agree that the club belongs to the Khans. I see them as custodians. It is generations of supporters that made the club, not the Khans. They paid to look after what belongs to us. No one forced them to. When we all rattled buckets, stuffed envelopes and had season tickets in the bottom division to keep the club alive, they had never even heard of FFC, let alone been to a game. So you can't then come in and tell people to cough up extortionate amounts otherwise I'll sell your ticket to a rich tourist. That is scandalous behaviour.

alfie

Quote from: Samjack on January 13, 2019, 07:05:30 PM

I don't agree that the club belongs to the Khans. I see them as custodians. It is generations of supporters that made the club, not the Khans. They paid to look after what belongs to us. No one forced them to. When we all rattled buckets, stuffed envelopes and had season tickets in the bottom division to keep the club alive, they had never even heard of FFC, let alone been to a game. So you can't then come in and tell people to cough up extortionate amounts otherwise I'll sell your ticket to a rich tourist. That is scandalous behaviour.
I've been going to same Sainsbury's for 30 years paid out thousands, but it's not mine.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Samjack

Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2019, 08:56:47 PM

I've been going to same Sainsbury's for 30 years paid out thousands, but it's not mine.

As interesting as it is to learn about your shopping habits, that's completely irrelevant. Unless you would also agree that because the club is 'his' that means he should be allowed, if he wanted to, to sell off all the clubs assets, close it down, knock down the cottage and flog it for flats. Sainsbury's can do that sort of thing. He can't. So the point remains, it's not 'his' club. He is the custodian of 'our' football club.

brightster

I understand your feelings Samjack but sadly we are just paying customers and have a choice to go and watch or not, the Khans own the club and have agreed to look after it as custodians (think they stated that when the bought the club).
As for the prices our ground at the moment is only 25k capacity, so that's why we have to charge up to £75 for premium games, other teams in London have much bigger grounds now even Palace had 30k yesterday I think.
The games changed now from the 70s when I first went to the holy cottage, so we can't compare it with business models of today.

bobbo

Quote from: hovewhite on January 13, 2019, 09:39:53 AM
Quote from: Dugliss on January 13, 2019, 09:32:41 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 13, 2019, 08:54:18 AM
They know now that most  supporters will pay it,get used to it everybody the shape of things to come.
I won't be able to afford it next year . coming next season reduced capacity and higher permanent prices armchair supporter from next year me.and I guess from reaction on this MB I'm in the minority so they will find someone with a bigger income spend.

I can't afford it either
you too blimey we must be the poorest on here!
youre not I'm sure but whilst I can afford it, it does hurt a lot. ----- price of the prem
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Samjack

Quote from: brightster on January 13, 2019, 09:17:55 PM

I understand your feelings Samjack but sadly we are just paying customers and have a choice to go and watch or not, the Khans own the club and have agreed to look after it as custodians (think they stated that when the bought the club).
As for the prices our ground at the moment is only 25k capacity, so that's why we have to charge up to £75 for premium games, other teams in London have much bigger grounds now even Palace had 30k yesterday I think.
The games changed now from the 70s when I first went to the holy cottage, so we can't compare it with business models of today.

I'm sorry mate, I disagree with all of that. We're not paying customers, we're supporters. If we were customers of football, we'd all have jumped ship to Chelsea or Arsenal years ago. As for the business model argument, that just doesn't stack up. Ticket sales are a drop in the ocean on the club's finances. It's all TV money now, so there is no reason why the club (actually all clubs to be fair) can't reduce prices. Furthermore, football is not a business it's a sport. Non-football people like the Khans exploit it for their own ends but it's still a sport and we as fans should be reminding them of that, not just rolling over while they hike prices and put going to football out of the reach of vast swathes of the community.

Jimpav

Have only been once this season and that was to the Oldham game.

Considered the Brighton game,  but £45 feels too much in the current climate - especially given out performances this year.

Oldham was a great day out (result aside) but tickets were only £15 for plum seats.