https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£75 for Riverside tickets

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, January 13, 2019, 08:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Samjack on January 13, 2019, 07:05:30 PM
Quote from: deadcowboys on January 13, 2019, 06:38:13 PM
Samjack, the club belongs to the Khans, it's only the spirit of the club that belongs to the fans.

Price on a par with top theatre or concert tickets. If we had a stadium with 30,000+ capacity we would might have more flexibility with prices but we preferred  to return to the much loved but outdated Cottage with poor facilities.

I don't agree that the club belongs to the Khans. I see them as custodians. It is generations of supporters that made the club, not the Khans. They paid to look after what belongs to us. No one forced them to. When we all rattled buckets, stuffed envelopes and had season tickets in the bottom division to keep the club alive, they had never even heard of FFC, let alone been to a game. So you can't then come in and tell people to cough up extortionate amounts otherwise I'll sell your ticket to a rich tourist. That is scandalous behaviour.

when you can fill seats in London stadiums with tourists at premium prices owners can do what they like as the only loyalty in football clubs comes from us supporters.

Neil D

Quote from: Riversider on January 13, 2019, 04:17:16 PM
Not a chance will it be more expensive next season, not a chance in hell,  even with reduced capacity (If it happens)
Think all the supporters that bought early (before wembley) will have their prices frozen and all The Riversiders will see a reduction when they get moved to other areas,
I won't be renewing my 3 season tickets , not because of price, but because I have no desire to spend the next couple of years sitting behind the goal
Not a fan of sitting behind the goal either - not least because fans are up and down like yo-yos when a goal threatens.  That aside, why would  pre-Wembley season ticket holders will have their prices frozen.  If that is the case, I may well renew it - even for the Putney End, if that's where we get moved.

alfie

Quote from: Samjack on January 13, 2019, 09:10:16 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2019, 08:56:47 PM
Quote from: Samjack on January 13, 2019, 07:05:30 PM
Quote from: deadcowboys on January 13, 2019, 06:38:13 PM
Samjack, the club belongs to the Khans, it's only the spirit of the club that belongs to the fans.

Price on a par with top theatre or concert tickets. If we had a stadium with 30,000+ capacity we would might have more flexibility with prices but we preferred  to return to the much loved but outdated Cottage with poor facilities.

I don't agree that the club belongs to the Khans. I see them as custodians. It is generations of supporters that made the club, not the Khans. They paid to look after what belongs to us. No one forced them to. When we all rattled buckets, stuffed envelopes and had season tickets in the bottom division to keep the club alive, they had never even heard of FFC, let alone been to a game. So you can't then come in and tell people to cough up extortionate amounts otherwise I'll sell your ticket to a rich tourist. That is scandalous behaviour.
I've been going to same Sainsbury's for 30 years paid out thousands, but it's not mine.

As interesting as it is to learn about your shopping habits, that's completely irrelevant. Unless you would also agree that because the club is 'his' that means he should be allowed, if he wanted to, to sell off all the clubs assets, close it down, knock down the cottage and flog it for flats. Sainsbury's can do that sort of thing. He can't. So the point remains, it's not 'his' club. He is the custodian of 'our' football club.
Well you are entitled to your opinion, but you go and buy a house that is listed, you own it but you can't change it, but you still own it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Southdowns White

That armchair is sounding more appealing as each season goes by, next season could be the time as I am rapidly losing interest in the direction top end football is going, TV time changes, overpriced games and overhyped football that really is no more exciting than it was when I started watching in 1975. I have only ever supported and gone to watch Fulham play, I have no interest in any other football team or professional football in general, I don't read about it or even watch the programs on Saturday lunchtime previewing the weekends games, I tape Match of the day so I can just watch the 2 minuets of the Fulham game without having to watch the other teams . I watch my son and daughter play football, rugby, Hockey and Cricket and can honestly say I get more enjoyment from that so have plenty of other things to fill the void.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2019, 06:02:35 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 13, 2019, 04:56:15 PM
My memory may be fooling me but I'm pretty sure that when we were previously in the Prem, so pre 2014, best seats for the A games (Man U, Lpool, Chels etc) were £65.   That being the case, £75 is very reasonable.
it was that amount and as I have said on here from when prices came out for matchday tickets we seem to have looked at prices give years ago and added a fiver or tenner to each one. I think if we had stayed up in 2014 these would be the prices now.
Thanks for confirming my recollection and, consequently, that there has not been a sharp hike. Taking the £65 ( say 2014) figure and increasing by 2% p.a. gets you to pretty much £75 now.

As to suggesting that pricing at the Cottage is extortionate, I disagree.  Look at season ticket prices. I think that they are very good value........which leads me to my last point. A poster above says (in effect) that he/she would rather spend £75 on a Half Moon gig and a pint. Well, I certainly wouldn't, but we all have freedom of choice.

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Riversider

Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2019, 06:05:59 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2019, 04:41:44 PM
Not a chance will it be more expensive next season, not a chance in hell,  even with reduced capacity (If it happens)
Think all the supporters that bought early (before wembley) will have their prices frozen and all The Riversiders will see a reduction when they get moved to other areas,
I won't be renewing my 3 season tickets , not because of price, but because I have no desire to spend the next couple of years sitting behind the goal
Great views from Putney end, personally I don't care where I sit as long as I do.
agree and in the end do you support the team or your view from a seat?
If riversiders decide they don't want to sit behind a goal for two years then in many ways that just backs up the view many have of them.... Not that I agree having had a ST in the riverside during the Wilkins and keegan years. Also its very likely if you don't get a ST in the Putney end you will not have first rights back to the stand when it's built, so have to take that into account to.

Honestly, I couldn't give a flying **** what people that don't know me think of me, the people that know me would laugh at your reply, before shaking their head in disbelief,
I've paid my dues to this club Ten times over,
I disagree that my 3 seats may in some way be in danger, if by a miracle we are in The Premier League when it gets finished I would have no interest in paying £1000 a ticket to sit there, and if were in The Championship they will be begging people like me to come back.

F.W.I.W I still don't think it's going to happen in May 2019

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on January 14, 2019, 01:44:57 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2019, 06:05:59 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 13, 2019, 04:41:44 PM
Great views from Putney end, personally I don't care where I sit as long as I do.
agree and in the end do you support the team or your view from a seat?
If riversiders decide they don't want to sit behind a goal for two years then in many ways that just backs up the view many have of them.... Not that I agree having had a ST in the riverside during the Wilkins and keegan years. Also its very likely if you don't get a ST in the Putney end you will not have first rights back to the stand when it's built, so have to take that into account to.

Honestly, I couldn't give a flying **** what people that don't know me think of me, the people that know me would laugh at your reply, before shaking their head in disbelief,
I've paid my dues to this club Ten times over,
I disagree that my 3 seats may in some way be in danger, if by a miracle we are in The Premier League when it gets finished I would have no interest in paying £1000 a ticket to sit there, and if were in The Championship they will be begging people like me to come back.

F.W.I.W I still don't think it's going to happen in May 2019
then fine if you have no interest in sitting in the new stand your other option will be the JH then if you so hate watching a game behind the goal.
Plently of us have paid our dues and you don't have the monopoly on that but there are also plenty of us who will continue going and supporting the club just as we have done for years be that to the side, at either end or the cheapest or lost expensive seats around. You're the one who said you won't come because you have to watch from behind a goal, which to me is a pretty pathetic excuse to not support or watch one's own team and plenty would laugh at that view as well.
Just the views of a long term fan