https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what Fulham need to do now

Started by FulhamStu, January 13, 2019, 03:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on January 14, 2019, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on January 14, 2019, 05:35:38 PM
Tony Khan as the supreme is fine with me, he has access to the money, he has enthusiasm for the club and wants what is best for the club.    What he does not have is any background football knowledge.... What I am suggesting is that we have a football man alongside Tony. 

So under your model, what is Tony still in charge of when the new man comes in.

Obviously we already have Mackintosh, Casper et al running the business side. On the football side we'll have scouts, a coach and your new "football man". What are you proposing to leave Tony Khan in charge of?

Hilda the tea Lady.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on January 14, 2019, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on January 14, 2019, 05:35:38 PM
Tony Khan as the supreme is fine with me, he has access to the money, he has enthusiasm for the club and wants what is best for the club.    What he does not have is any background football knowledge.... What I am suggesting is that we have a football man alongside Tony. 

So under your model, what is Tony still in charge of when the new man comes in.

Obviously we already have Mackintosh, Casper et al running the business side. On the football side we'll have scouts, a coach and your new "football man". What are you proposing to leave Tony Khan in charge of?

Tony can be in charge of Stats and could even become Chairman with his Dad as the owner.

FulhamStu

Yes I would take Wagner as head coach but still appoint a Big Sam type as football director.  Continual sniping at Tony Khan get us nowhere.   He wants what is best for the club and I agree is not qualified to lead recruitment unless he has very good men leading him in the right direction.

Shahid Khan has, is and will be making massive investments in FFC.   Many fans of other clubs would bite your hands off to have similar backing.   They just need to get the structure right.  Get a really positive effective strategy in place and plan for the future. 

We have had people in charge of Fulham, like say Jimmy Hill who loved the club but nowadays, and even then without big money supporting you, it's extremely difficult to compete.   Why do you think the top 6 are the top 6 ?    It's because they are the most wealthy.   As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

filham

What do Fulham need to do now?

Beat Spurs on Sunday would be a good way to kick start a recovery.

toshes mate

My basic point is that I share the view TK must step down a level at Fulham or go elsewhere in English football to gain experience in how recruitment can be made to work well. 

But I say that with one big proviso and that is the simple matter of a wholesale review of the whole recruitment team personnel and performance including the scouts, their networks and networking habits, the administrators tasked with negotiating and contract work, their networks and networking habits, and the data analysts and their networks and networking habits.  I'd also like a wholesale review of communication and meetings with coaches about new recruits and how they are fairing or have faired against recruitment criteria either as good measure, bad measure or totally inappropriate measure.  This material would be good in making adjustments for future potential recruits.  And finally a look at coaches and coaching and whether or not we could do better than the current regime.   Of course all that would be best handled by a wise old(er) professional football sage.

Since I believe the Club needs better leadership and direction under a charismatic and respected senior member of staff this again points toward a sage like figure to set the tone and agenda and be a focal point for communications.   

To suggest TK is not the problem is to deny his responsibility for squandering a lot of money on players who have produced such a dreadful season so far under two completely differing manager styles.  It isn't going to get better unless FFC have the will to sort it out and that is Khan Snr's responsibility.

toshes mate

Quote from: filham on January 15, 2019, 09:07:01 PM
What do Fulham need to do now?

Beat Spurs on Sunday would be a good way to kick start a recovery.
I certainly hope they will beat Spurs and it is a game we can win.  But even a win or draw should not distract anybody from the problems that lurk behind the scenes at FFC.  We know the Club is ailing and a good doctor is needed urgently.