watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

13 days to go....

Started by BernieBoy, January 19, 2019, 07:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieBoy

With only 13 days to go in the transfer window I was thinking about the best possible scenario in the window and with our league games.

I actually think our signings will depend a lot on how our results will go. If you'd have asked me a couple of weeks ago how the Spurs result would go I'd have said we would get a drubbing! Based on their current injury problems I am slightly more confident and wouldn't be shocked to see us pick up a result. So with two home games in the space of a few days, could we really turn our season round and get some valuable points on the board, whilst showing potential signings we still have enough fight in us to give them the confidence to join and help the fight?!

Best case scenario -

Two gutsy wins against a very good spurs side and a tough Brighton team - 6 points
We close the window adding some extra needed quality and experience in the side - Cahill, Drinkwater, Simpson and maybe one/two others

Worst case scenario -

We get a drubbing by Spurs (a side without Kane, Son, Moura etc) and struggle to get a win against Brighton which is arguably one of our easiest games left on paper
Likes of Cahill etc are put off by our lack of fight in those two games and decide to stay where they are or go elsewhere and we struggle to bring on the quality/experience needed to stay up

Roberty

Brighton away, was the game we should and could have won - even though he perhaps didn't know it Mitro was in no danger and could have let the ball bounce before playing it.

For me it marked the turning point for SJ and it was downhill after that
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

BernieBoy

Quote from: Roberty on January 19, 2019, 08:46:00 AM
Brighton away, was the game we should and could have won - even though he perhaps didn't know it Mitro was in no danger and could have let the ball bounce before playing it.

Agreed and you could argue that result may have spurred us on for more points in following games!

nose returns

the club is doing what it now does best, messing up a transfer window. we do it every time. i do not accept for one minute that multi billionaire business people cannot conclude such deals quickly. if your target is hesitating and money does not persuade them, move on. each game that passes without full backs and central defenders of reasonable quality is a step nearer to relegation.

It is simply par for the course for our management to mismanage. this patern has repeated when we are in a poor league position and when we were in better shape trying for promotion.

if they do not want to be loaded with high paid players if we go down, then why not just admit they have thrown in the towel as that what TK seems to have done. He speaks nicely, but really we all know and have agreed often enough he is simply not up to the job.

David I

Quote from: nose on January 19, 2019, 10:09:48 AM
the club is doing what it now does best, messing up a transfer window. we do it every time. i do not accept for one minute that multi billionaire business people cannot conclude such deals quickly. if your target is hesitating and money does not persuade them, move on. each game that passes without full backs and central defenders of reasonable quality is a step nearer to relegation.

It is simply par for the course for our management to mismanage. this patern has repeated when we are in a poor league position and when we were in better shape trying for promotion.

if they do not want to be loaded with high paid players if we go down, then why not just admit they have thrown in the towel as that what TK seems to have done. He speaks nicely, but really we all know and have agreed often enough he is simply not up to the job.
Exactly that.... We've offered you a good deal, improved our offer... If you need further convincing then your heart is not in the move. We need fighters. Thank you for the discussion but we are moving on to our next target identified before the window. Bye

filham

Don't forget the two players brought in during the last winter window made the difference that got us promoted.
Still time for something similar to happen now.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2019, 05:56:06 PM

Don't forget the two players brought in during the last winter window made the difference that got us promoted.
Still time for something similar to happen now.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? Nut can you see it happening?

Riversider

Would be utter madness to offer Cahill £100k a week now to join us, he's had 19 days to join us whilst he's been sat at home waiting for a better offer,
Time to be signing players that can help us stabilise next season , and stop wasting money on players looking for a final pay day.
Big summer window coming up and we need somebody better qualified than Tony Khan to steer us through it.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on January 19, 2019, 06:23:50 PM
Would be utter madness to offer Cahill £100k a week now to join us, he's had 19 days to join us whilst he's been sat at home waiting for a better offer,
Time to be signing players that can help us stabilise next season , and stop wasting money on players looking for a final pay day.
Big summer window coming up and we need somebody better qualified than Tony Khan to steer us through it.

I imagine it would be a deal similar to that of Babel's.

What does Ali Mac do now then if Tony takes care of the transfer negotiations ?

the nutflush

Quote from: Roberty on January 19, 2019, 08:46:00 AM

I still have nightmares about MLMs turnover that lead to their first goal.  Was two points squandered and it all when south form there.