watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm probably wrong

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 20, 2019, 12:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

But I'm getting the impression that the club has already written off this season - Mr Ranieri appears to be on some sort of rolling (thing) contract.... we've been linked with new player's on a 6 month basis......I think we started off with good intentions, but it's looking like the club has settled for relegation......strange though because I'm putting money on Fulham to win tomorrow by 2 clear goals

The Rational Fan

Financially with FFP, if this club can adds to the squad this season, then the sell off next season is huge. We try and stay up with the players we have, else next season we will have no one or the next. As it is we may have to sell £70 million over the Summer, unless Mitro and Sess get big money that is very very hard.

A win tommorrow is everything in terms of hope for this season, three points plus proof one or two more players is enough; rather than buy three or four players to stay up.

SouthIslandWhite

Burnley.  Losing at Burnley was the season. Everybody knows it but few are saying it. Turf Moor that's where the final nail was hammered into our coffin. We are as good as down. Not trying to sound negative but its true.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Brawn

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on January 20, 2019, 05:46:58 AM
Burnley.  Losing at Burnley was the season. Everybody knows it but few are saying it. Turf Moor that's where the final nail was hammered into our coffin. We are as good as down. Not trying to sound negative but its true.

Three years ago people said losing to Bristol City at home meant relegation to League One. Until Danny Murphy says we're down I don't really listen much to the doommongering on here. He said we were down after Magath's first game on BBC One, a viewpoint I shared. But Garth Crooks or possibly Lee Dixon, I think, wrote us off with a month to go in the great escape. As far as I can remember, the words used on Final Score were "they [Birmingham] play Fulham away but Fulham'll be down and out by then". The politically-correct plus-size lady hasn't sung yet, and nor has Jermaine Jenas: "every time I see Fulham I think they'll stay up, then I look at their defensive record".

We are, sadly, in Chris Coleman levels of terrible away form, but every cloud has a strontium lining, and that means our home form is not bad at all, particularly since Ranieri took over. Points against Leicester and Wolves at home were massively unexpected and yet we were disappointed not to come away with 3 points from each one. There's life in us yet, although I appreciate it's going to be difficult.

If we are to stand any chance of getting a point today I reckon we need the first goal. I'm massively anticipating a 1-1. If Tottenham score first, though, I can't see a way back in this game. Brighton on Tuesday week will be more converse, in that if they have Dunk and Duffy playing I can't see us breaking through that defence.

There's a few notable similarities with 07-08, particularly the points record (15 after 22 compared to 14 this season) and the new manager seemingly having foregone the "honeymoon" period.

What the board can't do is make the same mistakes they made 5 years ago in sacking the second manager in a season, as some on here want...

colinwhite

we arnt down yet Burnley or no Burnley ! its lot looking good but we definitely still have a chance.

filham

To stand half a chance we have to plug that leaky defence with an experienced centre back and replace Mensah with a safe full back.

BestOfBrede

Ranieri has stated in an interview on Skysports: "We will survive", so obviously the club haven't given up on the season as yet.

nose returns

I tend to agree the khan's seem to have thrown in the towel otherwise we would have got some new players.

Shame they remain so poor at the management of the football team. I do not want a new stand costing fortunes i want two full backs a center half that is fit with a bit of fire and i want a partner for mitro.

DevonFFC

Quote from: nose on January 20, 2019, 01:11:46 PM
I tend to agree the khan's seem to have thrown in the towel otherwise we would have got some new players.

Shame they remain so poor at the management of the football team. I do not want a new stand costing fortunes i want two full backs a center half that is fit with a bit of fire and i want a partner for mitro.

Historically across transfer windows especially the winter window deals are down late on, this is the last throw of the dice for many teams

nose returns

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 20, 2019, 01:14:54 PM

Historically across transfer windows especially the winter window deals are down late on, this is the last throw of the dice for many teams

Our leaders always do it late and wrong, they have sufficent funds to tempt players early, they are clueless.

alfie

Why don't people believe the reports from other managers who have been saying they having great trouble in getting players in, I know you don't have a lot of time for TK, but it certainly is not all his fault, but in all honesty I don't think this will make one iota of a difference to you, or certain others.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

DevonFFC

Quote from: alfie on January 20, 2019, 02:34:04 PM

Why don't people believe the reports from other managers who have been saying they having great trouble in getting players in, I know you don't have a lot of time for TK, but it certainly is not all his fault, but in all honesty I don't think this will make one iota of a difference to you, or certain others.

Because if they don't they can blame the owners. I still think we will see a few in but we have to negotiate a sticky situation we are in