watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coping mechanisms

Started by TXWhite, January 20, 2019, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXWhite

Anybody got any good ways of not letting football effect them too badly on Dad like today? I know "it's just a game" but, although it isn't rational, it is so difficult to shake that horrible feeling!

JoelH5

Know the feeling mate. Nearly put my phone through the window. Just remember they're all a bunch of wan*ers and you've got more important things to be concerned with in your life haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Berserker

Drove back to Swindon and made myself a nice cup of tea and had several chocolate digestive biscuits

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

win-dup

When you have been a supporter for 60+ years, as I have been, you are used to permanent disappointment. Accept that we are a second tier club and will never win anything and if you are lucky, once every fifty or so years, you will have a glorious day such as we had at Wembley last May. The other 49 years celebrate our uniqueness and our lovely ground and be grateful you are not a northerner.

andyk

Not really, no.
I've tried to rationalise it. Why should the events of a game, played hundreds of miles away, by people who are not my friends, who I don't know and who  I will never meet, make me feel so down.
It doesn't make sense, it has no ligical explanation. We just have to accept it is the way it is.
I can only offer the words of the playwright Samuel Beckett who said we should " Try again, fail again, fail better."  Today we failed better.

SP

I'm partaking of left over Xmas booze.  Feeling much better funny enough.

JoelH5

Quote from: win-dup on January 20, 2019, 08:44:32 PM
When you have been a supporter for 60+ years, as I have been, you are used to permanent disappointment. Accept that we are a second tier club and will never win anything and if you are lucky, once every fifty or so years, you will have a glorious day such as we had at Wembley last May. The other 49 years celebrate our uniqueness and our lovely ground and be grateful you are not a northerner.

That atleast made me laugh. Thank you
I was there, standing in the Putney end

BarneyTravers

Feels worse today because of the hurt I saw on my Grandsons face.

And now my thoughts go back to last May when Tom said with such fervour that 'Football won today'

And then the Manager talks about being calm keeping possession and all that tripe...and keeps the bloke who is good at that sort of thing on the bench.

Back to the question...Port and Brandy.....followed by another one.

COYW