0 (0%)
Kebano (sub)
0 (0%)
Sessegnon (sub)
0 (0%)
Cisse (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: FOF MOTM Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur (Chambers)  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Milo

• Global Moderator
  • MAESTRO
  • Well.. quite..
FOF MOTM Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur (Chambers)
« on: January 20, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »
Who was your man of the match, and why?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:10:23 PM by Milo »

Offline Statto

• Gentleman Jim
  • Test
Re: FOF MOTM Fulham V Tottenham Hotspur
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:38:46 PM »
Between Mitro and Chambers for me. Seri and MLM also decent.

Offline Luka

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 10:58:53 PM »
Between chambers and Babel so went Chambers as he lasted the 90.

Offline brightster

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:12:41 PM »
Gone for MLM who I thought had his best game for us, the only one in the back 4/5 who knows how to defend. Won everything in the air as well.
Just ahead of Seri and Chambers.

Offline David I

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 01:11:36 AM »
Went with Chambers but what's with all the Seri as MoM... Sarcasm?
Does no one watch him? He might be heading up passes complete or most passes and any other BS stat but does no one really take notice of how many times his incomplete pass, losing the ball or failed tackle creates an opportunity for the opponent?
I despair
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:13:22 AM by David I »

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 02:23:55 AM »
Fairly easy decision this week Calum Chambers.

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 04:23:27 AM »
MLM for me just ahead of Chambers and Seri.

Offline hovewhite

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 11:37:43 AM »
Chambers , superb.
MLM,also very good along with mitro,also worth a mention Seri.

Offline Sting of the North

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 12:08:22 PM »
Does no one watch him? He might be heading up passes complete or most passes and any other BS stat but does no one really take notice of how many times his incomplete pass, losing the ball or failed tackle creates an opportunity for the opponent?
I despair

Seems like you are in a minority today. And honestly, if you can't see what he brings to the table in a game such as the one yesterday then I don't believe anyone can convince you regardless. I am not surprised (seeing how popular it has been on here to dislike Seri), but I can't for the life of me understand how anyone that has ever seen a game of football can fail to see that Seri had a good game. I guess it is a good thing however, since there would be little need for a message board if everyone agreed all the time.

Offline Southcoastffc

• MAESTRO
  • Dum spiro, spero
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 12:15:13 PM »
Chambers.  Again solid, hard-working and the difference between him and several other of our players yesterday was vision and awareness, exemplified by the pass to Babel to begin the move leading to Mitro's disallowed goal.

incidentally, I thought Seri did well yesterday, broke up a lot of their play and had a decent game.  Interesting how much he divides opinion, in the HE he went off to a standing ovation from some while others were complaining how rubbish he was.

Offline FFC1987

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »
Chambers for me all day long.

As to Seri, it's his thing again where I think he played well as the game went on but during the earlier stages, gave the ball away cheaply at noticeable times.

Offline ffcne

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 01:59:22 PM »
I despair

Seems like you are in a minority today. And honestly, if you can't see what he brings to the table in a game such as the one yesterday then I don't believe anyone can convince you regardless. I am not surprised (seeing how popular it has been on here to dislike Seri), but I can't for the life of me understand how anyone that has ever seen a game of football can fail to see that Seri had a good game. I guess it is a good thing however, since there would be little need for a message board if everyone agreed all the time.

Not in the minority.
Just check the official site.
Chambers MOM .Seri not in top 3 .Not mentioned in most touches.
Check Chambers stats out
I agree with David.

Offline Sting of the North

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 02:10:11 PM »
I despair

Not in the minority.
Just check the official site.
Chambers MOM .Seri not in top 3 .Not mentioned in most touches.
Check Chambers stats out
I agree with David.

I actually referred to this thread since this is where we are posting. Here, Seri is in the top 2. I normally see FoF as a better reflection of reality than for example fan votes at the official, or social media since I believe that at FoF most posters are at least moderately reasonable.  Incidentally, I didn't say that Chambers weren't good, or that Seri was better so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Offline Milo

• Global Moderator
  • MAESTRO
  • Well.. quite..
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 02:34:07 PM »
Congratulations to Chambers who won the FoF (and the official) MoTM with 58% of the vote!