more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My thoughts

Started by bornafulhamfan, January 21, 2019, 10:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Here are my thoughts on our player performances:

Rico: Had some nice saves, maybe could have done a bit better on both occasions, but it's hard to save a shot from that close distance.

Christie: He tries really hard, but imo he's just not good enough. Sadly even after saying that I have to admit that today he was our second best defensive player imo(better than Odoi, Ream and Bryan, worse than MLM imo).

Odoi: He has some great moments, but then he isn't concentrated enough and then forgets to mark his man or makes a silly passing mistake. Third best/worst in our defence imo.

MLM: He was ok, but even he wasn't good enough. Almost cost us a penalty when he pulled down Llorente. Even with that he was our best defender imo.

Ream: Had real trouble with Spurs attackers during the whole game. He is at fault for the first goal. Very bad performance all in all. Imo he was the worst player in our defence and that says something.

Bryan: Fine going forward, really bad defensively today. Was at direct fault for their second goal.

Chambers: MOTM performance. Controlled the midfield really well and made couple of wonderful passes. That backheal pass to Babel was just beautiful.

Seri: Can't fault his effort. Ran a lot, always offered another passing option, good defensively. I think he improved a lot in the last two games.

Schuerrle: He linked up really well with Mitro and Babel and got into very good positions. Having said that, I still think he's too slow and has to work on his defence a bit.

Babel: Excellent. If he was able to play more, he could have easily been MOTM. Fast, strong, skillful and is really good at decision making. Basically he is what we hoped Kamara would be. Linked up really well with both Mitro and Schuerrle and was an constant goal threat. Shame he wasn't able to play more than 55 minutes (I chose to believe Ranieri).

Mitro: His effort is always there. He linked up well with Babel, but once Babel came off, he practically got no service. He was fouled a lot of times(that foul by Vertonghen was deffo a penalty). Seen that many people on social media think he should have been sent off for that wrestling with Sanchez, and maybe he should have been,but I just can't blame him for doing that. Sanchez was provoking him whole game and reff allowed that, so it's his fault.

Subs: None did much, except for Sess who had some nice tricks, but all in all, all of the subs were really bad.

+
-First half was our best half since Ranieri came on
-Imo we need to buy at least one cb, two if Mawson isn't coming back anytime soon.
-Our wingbacks or really bad to and we should buy both right and left wingback.
-I would try Sess at lwb
-Chambers should always play cdm
-If we stay up, we should buy Rico and Chambers permanently
-Babel will be great
-Vietto should have came on and not Kebano
-Cairney should have came on and not Cisse

The Swan

I agree with you regarding the subs Cairney and Vietto should have come on instead of Cisse and Kebano.

Good assessment of the team.
The Swan