watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Money Laundering Allegations against Sessegnon and Cairney

Started by Brawn, January 21, 2019, 11:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

In case this season wasn't destabilised enough, Craig Kline has taken to Twitter to accuse "a Mr Sessegnon" (he doesn't say which one) and Cairney of "accept[ing] cash bribes as part of a money laundering operation run by criminals".

He says he has referred these to the police, but I can't help but think that tweeting about it is intended to destabilise the club.

ffcthereligion

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

I suspect these sorts of allegations will not stop until the perpetrator has his day in a public arena.

Statto

What a pox Tony Khan inflicted on our club by bringing this man in.

And to think Jokanovic was forced to work with him for two years.

I recall when Jokanovic was complaining about this business there were some on here saying Jokanovic had form for whinging and had done the same thing at a Watford, etc. How misplaced those comments look now, with hindsight.

Jamie88

Quote from: Statto on January 21, 2019, 12:12:17 PM
What a pox Tony Khan inflicted on our club by bringing this man in.

And to think Jokanovic was forced to work with him for two years.

I recall when Jokanovic was complaining about this business there were some on here saying Jokanovic had form for whinging and had done the same thing at a Watford, etc. How misplaced those comments look now, with hindsight.

Regarding MrKline, I don't think anyone on here was against Jokanovic' opinion

Tempest

It's rife in football. Cannot believe there isn't a proper and very formal investigation in to this. Having trained a former financial director if ffc (different regime) he wouldn't go in to too many specifics but yes the PL and our club have/had some interesting methods.

Is anyone genuinely surprised at this?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: toshes mate on January 21, 2019, 11:42:13 AM
I suspect these sorts of allegations will not stop until the perpetrator has his day in a public arena.

If the allegations are untrue, then hopefully he'll be shut up with slander law suits.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

bog

toshes mate

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 21, 2019, 01:26:14 PM

If the allegations are untrue, then hopefully he'll be shut up with slander law suits.
Certainly agree he needs to be shut up one way or another.  But Tempest, reply #6, makes a very valid point about football business nuances and their legitimacy or otherwise.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: toshes mate on January 21, 2019, 01:31:50 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 21, 2019, 01:26:14 PM

Certainly agree he needs to be shut up one way or another.  But Tempest, reply #6, makes a very valid point about football business nuances and their legitimacy or otherwise.
That post caught my eye as well. Regarding "interesting methods", I've no doubts about this in sport and soccer especially.....so many hands out. But, Mr. K's allegations, if characterized accurately, suggest that these two players are involved with organized crime. This would seem to suggest that the club are not involved. If the club were involved, I'd expect that K would not hesitate to include them in his accusations.

Nero

We knew it wouldnt be any of the defenders, they dont do anything organised

bill taylors apprentice

I have no doubt there are many 'deals' done that are just the right side of legal, a bit like 'tax avoidance' rather than 'tax evasion'

Mince n Tatties

No wonder they both been poor so far with that hanging over their heads.😉😉😉

Burt

He's had a busy day on Twitter by the looks of it.

To be clear, he does clarify in one of his tweets that Sess and Cairney are largely innocent, it's stuff going on around them.

alfie

Did he say middle aged men, to me that's not the players, dad maybe.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Nero

Quote from: Burt on January 21, 2019, 06:55:23 PM

To be clear, he does clarify in one of his tweets that Sess and Cairney are largely innocent, it's stuff going on around them.

Do you mean the lawyers have been in touch

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Burt on January 21, 2019, 06:55:23 PM

Which is his twitter handle?

ByTheRiver

At this point, even if had uncovered some real issues that needed addressing within the club, or football as a wider focus, he puts it across is such a manner, the manner of the odious little twerp he so obviously is, that I don't think I'd care.

How in gods name did he manage to get a position within the club and hold onto it so long? That's an even poorer reflection on Tony Khan than this summer and January! Beggars belief.