watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Again - we were not unlucky to lose

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 21, 2019, 01:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

We played well. For the first time in a long time I actually enjoyed watching Fulham. We were competing, moving forward and creating chances. Even without Kane and Son spurs are still a strong team and we gave them a good run for their money

However, throughout the game we were repeatedly making basic defensive errors - mainly miskicking, giving the ball away close to our penalty box, marker losing his man, not closing down, giving free kicks in dangerous areas etc.

We could have been punished well before the last minute.

Strangely though I feel a little more confident we can survive. A win v Brighton and a few results going our way then we can be back in striking distance.

However we need a few reinforcements in defence and we somehow need to win a few away games. The odds are still against us but there's still hope.

The Cravenette

Until there is an R next to put name I Still Believe.

Mince n Tatties

There's always hope,but its looking dire.
The next two against Brighton and Palace are must win,nothing less than 6 points I'm afraid..Coyw

filham

A good fighting performance but we are still short of a couple of quality players needed to be in with a chance of avoiding the drop.

RaySmith

ToodlesMcToot

The most troubling thing is that we are making decisions so obviously poor that even a numbskull like myself can see them live. So, any professional should instinctively know not to make them or at least be able to look at match film and know immediately how to correct the mistakes. Yet, these very basic decision-making errors continue.

Holding the ball, for example, using shithousery tactics to waste the last couple of minutes to get that point Sunday should be second nature to a club just coming out of the Championship. Yet we lack that mentality. There shouldn't be any excuse for the Continental imports lacking that either.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude