watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm with Brede

Started by FFChris, January 23, 2019, 03:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFChris

Stand up if you still believe! Who else supports his column quote?

Please don't respond if you don't believe.....I'm only interested if you are as there is enough negativity on here already.

COYW's

General

If we sort our defence out by the end of January I think we have quite a few winnable games.. yes March is nightmareish but we're not that far off and a run of games picking up points could see us climb. Tony Khan just needs to get his act together and sign them, otherwise this is a failure I'll lay squarely at his feet.

BedsFFC

I believe in my club and defend it passionately against "the knockers".

I am standing up. We've got a slim chance and if we go down, we come back the next season

General

Signing Cahill for me, even if he wants a longer contract is worth it.. if we go down after six months then he won't want to stay and a relegation clause can be included... if he does well and we stay up he'd be worth keeping until we find someone else.

His wages may be high but this squad clearly needs restructuring and we have quite a few loan players. Time to step up Tony Khan.

Slaphead in Qatar

We win against Brighton then on that night Burnley Cardiff Newcastle have very difficult games - we can be back in striking distance

Woolly Mammoth

Yes the Brighton & Hove Albion match under Floodlights midweek should be a great atmosphere, and hopefully we have brought in some reinforcements by then as well. But a good a time as any to get our first win in 2019, to kick start our comeback to reach 17th place or above by the end of the season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

I believe and I will keep believing until it's impossible to stay up. Coyw.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 23, 2019, 05:02:09 PM

Agree. A win v BHA will help though 🤞

Plodder

Heart and head time. I think it is possible to engage the heart and hope for the best and do what little we can as fans to help us escape (mainly our vocal support, and not giving in to booing or voicing negativity), but at the same time acknowledge dispassionately with our heads that our chances of staying in this league are about 10%. Mike Brearley, writing in The Art of Captaincy about the famous Headingley Test in 1981, said that for most of that innings, he, Bob Taylor, Ian Botham and the other slips were chatting about the state of the match, and the general consensus of a dispassionate assessment was that Australia would win by 2 or 3 wickets. Brearley said that in no way did this lessen the teams' will or desire to win. So I don't "believe", but I shall keep hoping and wishing until it becomes mathematically impossible.

Matt10

I think it's the best time to be vulnerable to the moments ahead. Like Brede said, "what else are we going to be other than positive?".

bigalffc

I never give up until it's mathematically impossible and I hope the players are the same!  049:gif 049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

The Swan

Just remember the Great Escape.  Brede was part of that team. Its a shame he hasn't got a brother who is 25 years younger.
The Swan

fcfulham55

I really feel the urge to come in here and infect this thread with negativity.

Sorry we got no hope. The quicker you realise we're down, the easier it is to take.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Woolly Mammoth

If I was a Battery, I would be Positive.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cottage expat

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on January 23, 2019, 05:02:09 PM

+1

RaySmith

Quote from: FFChris on January 23, 2019, 03:47:02 PM
Stand up if you still believe! Who else supports his column quote?

Please don't respond if you don't believe.....I'm only interested if you are as there is enough negativity on here already.

COYW's

0001.jpeg :plus one: :plus one:

Will be at the Cottage for Brighton - only the second time this season, Palace was the first - hoping to celebrate a positive result, after seeing us 7 times with only a point to show.
I remember Brede's debut at Bolton in a 0-0, and then the  Great Esacape.
We can do it again -
Stand up if you Still Believe.

COYW