watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournmouth can do it ....

Started by MikeW, January 22, 2019, 09:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

They have splashed 12M on Brentford's Mepham - a centre half.

They are better than us, have a good CB in Ake and yet manage to sign another one right from under our nose.

If he's worth £12M he must be decent.  So what did our dithering scouting staff not like this time?

I truly despair.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Oakeshott

"If he's worth £12M he must be decent"

If only that were true (though he may very well be).

SP

Bournemouth are a more attractive proposition than FFC.

:012:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MikeW on January 22, 2019, 09:52:36 PM
They have splashed 12M on Brentford's Mepham - a centre half.

They are better than us, have a good CB in Ake and yet manage to sign another one right from under our nose.

If he's worth £12M he must be decent.  So what did our dithering scouting staff not like this time?

I truly despair.

It's par for the course unfortunately with those in charge of recruitment, they must be still in a coma from the Summer, and currently if I was a player, I would think I would be better off at Bournemouth & Boscombe, as they appear to be better organised both on and off the pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

There can of course be just about a million reasons for why we didn't sign him. For one, he lacks experience and have never played in the PL which is something many people have asked for. That could be a perfectly valid reason for us not being interested at this point in time. Even if we were, why would he currently choose us over Bournemouth?

The Rational Fan

Bournemouth is the best organised and most overperforming club in English Professional Football, we are obviously not comparable to them or Burnley or Warford; but also we must appreciate we are  better organised than Leeds, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and QPR in their last season in the EPL.

Fulham need to pick up a couple of good Championship players this week, identify some EPL loans, beat Brighton 3-0 and sign like crazy on the last day, else we rebuild.

Fulham executive management is improving, although they haven't yet figured out the EPL, remember a few years ago these guys wouldn't have been able to manage a Sunday League team and i am optimistic what we can do the next few seasons.

H4usuallysitting

Didn't they sign Emerson hynman from us - how's he doing? (I honestly don't know)

toshes mate

Slotting an untried player into a fully functioning, well led and professional outfit is one thing.  Delivering the same player into the hands of a bunch of clueless amateurs without sense or sensibility is quite another.   

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 22, 2019, 10:36:54 PM
Fulham executive management is improving, although they haven't yet figured out the EPL, remember a few years ago these guys wouldn't have been able to manage a Sunday League team and i am optimistic what we can do the next few seasons.
Mmm, I don't think they have quite got the knack of 5 y.o. playground football yet.....