watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

moses drinkwater and cahill

Started by nose returns, January 24, 2019, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose returns

all these targets, came to motspur and none of them joining despite the rumours that are usually reliable

things are clearly very wrong when such local players do not want to even join to the end of the season.

one can only speculate as to how we didn't get any of them, I suspect I know the answer but will refrain from re-stating the obvious.

Neil D

Quote from: nose on January 24, 2019, 04:33:54 PM
all these targets, came to motspur and none of them joining despite the rumours that are usually reliable

things are clearly very wrong when such local players do not want to even join to the end of the season.

one can only speculate as to how we didn't get any of them, I suspect I know the answer but will refrain from re-stating the obvious.
Then I will do it for you. No one wants to be associated with a sinking ship, even if you have your own lifeboat.  It's still a dispiriting experience.

Riversider

Quote from: nose on January 24, 2019, 04:33:54 PM

No evidence whatsoever that any of them have ever been to Motspur Park

aaronmcguigan

-Fenerbahce are still in Europe
-Cahill wanted a longer contract
-Assuming Drinkwater wants a comparable contract to what he currently has

Count Flapula

Fairly simple sadly:

1. Moses and Drinkwater are Premier League players and want to stay that way - at present, we are 7 point off safety.

2. Cahill wants a longer contract on comparable wages to currently - we cannot afford to sign him on those wages with the prospect of playing in the Championship.

What's not to understand? Understandable from their perspective as to why they'd be reluctant and also why it would be difficult to entice them given our current state. That's not to say we're not still trying to make it work - just that it's going to be varying degrees of difficult / unlikely in each case.

It is what it is.