https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we beat Brighton...

Started by southwest6, January 28, 2019, 03:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

Quote from: toshes mate on January 28, 2019, 04:27:56 PM
@southwest6

Whilst I enjoyed your post and totally approve of the upbeat notes of miracles and magic, I think depression is a much abused word about those on here who tell it as it is.  When anger and the anxiety breeding helplessness supporters feel when things go so badly wrong on so many fronts then it is much better to refer to their postings as realistic accounts of where we are.  The moment the Club is seen to do something positive with regard to the problems (quite aside from what happens against Brighton) then supporters will sigh a breath of relief, because they are being taken seriously.  In other words the Club's communication network has to be much more in touch with reality than they apparently are because there has always been a limit to what is achieved by words alone.  Action is needed.  Fight (and I mean real fight, not just trotting into a similarly poor position a few metres faster than they did before) is required and, to be absolutely honest, I haven't seen it since Anfield when we gave Liverpool a game.  All I see is panic stations when we lose the ball in dangerous situations just as we have done all season, save for Anfield when we were cheated largely by luck on the day.  I have also been frustrated by the crazy decision making that has sacked Jokanovic and appointed Ranieri which was a total double negative which cannot be reversed. 

I'll be cheering the lads on tomorrow come what may but I would like to witness just a little empathy from the powers that be for the average FFC supporter who really cannot believe the cock-ups they have seen since May last year, and need a clear message from the Club that they are serious about turning the corner that could/would/should have been turned months ago.  It really would give us all a lift regardless of a result tomorrow.  If we can have both a result and a clear message then that is even more reassuring. 

Our last message from the Club was an email last week "Help us turn the tide". Catchy title for trying to inspire a ticket purchase. I would have liked 'Sorry. Should have listened. Freebie, bring a mate or three and the beers are on us'

southwest6

@southwest6

Whilst I enjoyed your post and totally approve of the upbeat notes of miracles and magic, I think depression is a much abused word about those on here who tell it as it is.  When anger and the anxiety breeding helplessness supporters feel when things go so badly wrong on so many fronts then it is much better to refer to their postings as realistic accounts of where we are.  The moment the Club is seen to do something positive with regard to the problems (quite aside from what happens against Brighton) then supporters will sigh a breath of relief, because they are being taken seriously.  In other words the Club's communication network has to be much more in touch with reality than they apparently are because there has always been a limit to what is achieved by words alone.  Action is needed.  Fight (and I mean real fight, not just trotting into a similarly poor position a few metres faster than they did before) is required and, to be absolutely honest, I haven't seen it since Anfield when we gave Liverpool a game.  All I see is panic stations when we lose the ball in dangerous situations just as we have done all season, save for Anfield when we were cheated largely by luck on the day.  I have also been frustrated by the crazy decision making that has sacked Jokanovic and appointed Ranieri which was a total double negative which cannot be reversed. 

I'll be cheering the lads on tomorrow come what may but I would like to witness just a little empathy from the powers that be for the average FFC supporter who really cannot believe the cock-ups they have seen since May last year, and need a clear message from the Club that they are serious about turning the corner that could/would/should have been turned months ago.  It really would give us all a lift regardless of a result tomorrow.  If we can have both a result and a clear message then that is even more reassuring. 

I am all for people saying how it is. As i said it my post, I do sadly think we will go down, however I think it is dishonest to say that we are definitely going down. For the use of the word 'depressed', i was using it non-literally. Apologies if it did cause offence. Abused word or not, however, having  a bit of hope doesn't hurt. One of my favorite Tolkien quotes goes "Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens". I think he is quite right!

clintclintdeuce

Were staying up, no need to worry even now. Were 3 on the trot away from being out of the zone. I dont think that its fair to anyone to doom and gloom until the middle of April. Too many games to be played still to sit around crying in our beers. It starts tomorrow...
The Dude abides.

RaySmith

Well, none of has a crystal ball - we don't know what's going to happen, but the team should definitely keep scrapping for points until the R appears by their name. I, and all fans expect this, and fans should stay behind the team in the same way, though we all know how hard it can be to support Fulham -

it has always been thus, since I first began supporting  back in the early 60's when we always seemed to be battling relegation until we were finally relegated, and lost the replay of the 1962 FA CUP semi-final against then table topping Burnley, after a heroic display, when  we were denied a clear pen on Maurice Cook by the Burnley keeper.

But yet I became a fan, when I  could have followed Palace like the rest of my family!

RaySmith

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on January 29, 2019, 12:29:06 AM
Were staying up, no need to worry even now. Were 3 on the trot away from being out of the zone. I dont think that its fair to anyone to doom and gloom until the middle of April. Too many games to be played still to sit around crying in our beers. It starts tomorrow...

0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on January 29, 2019, 03:50:02 AM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on January 29, 2019, 12:29:06 AM

0001.jpeg

Whoever we have in our ranks, we have to give it a go, it's still only January.
We must just focus on tonight's match v Brighton, and how to win it.
Then after we have won tonight. We can then move on to the next match v Palace, but not before. One match at a time, one small step at a time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

We could have beaten Tottenham and if we beat Brighton convincing, then the transfer deadline players will want to play for us. If we then go beating Crystal Palace as well, then all we need is one of the teams on 22 points to get an injury to a crucial player.

toshes mate

Quote from: southwest6 on January 28, 2019, 11:54:49 PM
@southwest6

I am all for people saying how it is. As i said it my post, I do sadly think we will go down, however I think it is dishonest to say that we are definitely going down. For the use of the word 'depressed', i was using it non-literally. Apologies if it did cause offence. Abused word or not, however, having  a bit of hope doesn't hurt. One of my favorite Tolkien quotes goes "Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens". I think he is quite right!
My only quibble was the use of a word that is a state of mind that has no easy way back to central ground because the state consumes everything even those things that would normally distract us from misery, that change our mood, that make us laugh, that make us feel wanted and not alone, that make us feel part of the family and not just a purse that needs emptying as football often treats its customers these days.   Empathy with danger helps to lift people away from that danger.  I agree with ScalleysDad's comment about the Club offering free tickets and free drinks would show the club to get the mood to change by at least recognising that we are not to be taken for granted and the Club does need to sort itself out bigtime.

Camel Club

I'm still optimistic but am conscious that it's probably my heart ruling my head. That said games have started to run out and between now and the end of the season we cannot afford to drop too many points against teams outside of the top 6. If we can get a win tonight and a point at Palace at the weekend the confidence might just come back and as long as we're still in touch (within 3 or 4 points) of 17th place come the beginning of April (fixtures in March are shocking) we might actually do it.

I always believed we would survive in 2008 and was equally convinced we'd go down when we did. If we get relegated this season in over 40 years as a supporter I will have never been so out with my pre-season prediction. I honestly thought we would finish comfortably between 12th and 15th. Mind you, I thought the mistakes of the past would have been learned by those responsible for recruitment and that last season's squad would have been strengthened rather tham dismantled.

nose returns

I take each game as it comes
based on how we have done I expect a dismal end to the season
BUT
I do look forward to a resounding victory tonight and if so will be ecstatic and full of the joys of spring. If we lose it will be another doom laden drive home in the freezing cold.

Sting of the North

Quote from: nose on January 29, 2019, 12:16:24 PM
I take each game as it comes
based on how we have done I expect a dismal end to the season
BUT
I do look forward to a resounding victory tonight and if so will be ecstatic and full of the joys of spring. If we lose it will be another doom laden drive home in the freezing cold.

I believe we all (including the players and management) could really do with a resounding victory, or even a lucky one. Could do a world of good.

Skatzoffc

Imo if we fail to get points, (realistically 6 or possibly 4), from the BHA and Palace games we are gone.
If we get the points we put pressure on the teams above who are also having a rocky season.

I am still optimistic but we have dropped so many points against middling to poor teams we are in a very poor position.

The way we are playing is positive. Against Spuds I thought we deserved a win, not a draw, and certainly not a defeat.

But lets face it, its not losses to top 6 teams that define your season. It's losses to bottom of table clubs, (twice this season), and losing or drawing from winning positions that have done for us. BHA away, Burnley away, Leicester and Wolves at home. Those are the points dropped that will, if it happens, send us down.

On the plus side, people always forget the teams you meet later in the season who have nothing to play for; safe in mid-table, CL/Cup fixtures in the same week etc.

So not over yet.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !