A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Tony Khan lose his job?

Started by Milo, February 01, 2019, 11:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Tony Khan lose his job as Head of Recruitment?

He should LOSE his job
57 (60%)
He should KEEP his job
38 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Sting of the North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 01, 2019, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 01, 2019, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: TerryR on February 01, 2019, 12:08:56 PM
What a sad group of ungrateful people this forum has become

Can I remind people that in 1995-96, Fulham finished behind Oldham, Milwall, Exeter and 80 other teams, plus crowds were about 6,000 per game. Then under MAF, we went from the least successful team with a stadium of 25,000 to the most successful team in the History of a Premier League with a Stadium our size. With MAF fans have become spoilt, The Khans bought a good team in the summer but so did 17 other clubs in the EPL.

Can i remind everyone without own goals this season, we would be outside the relegation zone (Fulham 21 and Burnley 20 points); sometimes bad luck has something to do with it

Bad luck is an explanation for someone else's success.

Bad luck is bad luck. However, if you believe that something is repeatedly bad luck it is most likely in fact something else.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 01, 2019, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: TerryR on February 01, 2019, 12:08:56 PM
What a sad group of ungrateful people this forum has become

Can I remind people that in 1995-96, Fulham finished behind Oldham, Milwall, Exeter and 80 other teams, plus crowds were about 6,000 per game. Then under MAF, we went from the least successful team with a stadium of 25,000 to the most successful team in the History of a Premier League with a Stadium our size. With MAF fans have become spoilt, The Khans bought a good team in the summer but so did 17 other clubs in the EPL.

Using the 95-96 nadir in our history as a benchmark is no more reasonable than Forest expecting their next manager to replicate their European Cup successes in the late 70s.

I'd suggest a more sensible benchmark for Khan would be 2012-13, the year before he took over, when we finished 12th in the PL.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on February 01, 2019, 05:35:31 PM
Because the common theme is the question of "What have you done for me lately?". From the owners, the managers, the staff and to the players. That is the common theme. Haven't done anything for me lately? You can kindly leave. Oh, now you're doing something for me? Great, stay...for now.

Everyone is on a contract except for the fans. We're always in the blessed position to criticize and judge others, but we're never judged as a whole. We can pull the card of being committed to the club, but anyone who actually signs on the dotted line, or has the bravery to wear the shirt, is considered "temporary", never truly being part of the club because they haven't supported as long as a "true" fan has.

It's a terrible dynamic, but it goes with the territory. No matter how many people want to separate us into groups, we are all Fulham at the end of the day.
Actually, Matt10, professional sport only started because there were fans prepared to make the effort to go to games and pay their money at the turnstile.  Those fans and their clubs started the professional game and a club would thrive by attracting more fans eventually needing bigger facilities to cope.  That is and was the great dynamic of any company and customer relationship.  What has altered is the presence of the multi-personality invisible revenue raiser called media access and the many additional layers of revenue opportunities that leads to.  They are the new super-customer. The original time taking and financially committed fan has been marginalised and largely nebulised in the business model.  That is the dynamic that has been broken not because it failed but because it doesn't have deep enough pockets.

Milo

Have changed the poll for members to change their votes if they wish having reflected for a few days.

The Enclosurite

How anyone can say KEEP is beyond me.
¡COYW!

Fulham Tup North

Is he still here??? Not a word in ages, gone AWOL on Twitter, hiding behind his Daddy.
I think he has lost interest. Pity.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ron

Would anyone describe what he does as a job?.....or just making a series of random decisions in a vain attempt to impress his father, who obligingly indulges his son by allowing him to destroy a club that has meant a great deal to some of us for 60 years..?