https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

‘I will die at this Club’

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, February 02, 2019, 08:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 04, 2019, 03:57:49 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 04, 2019, 03:43:09 PM
Why is it that some people on here cannot seem to get their heads around 'evidence' rather than opinion, statistical merit, or other circumstantial matters?  Anguissa and Seri were touted by an agent who was also involved with Sala's, the young player from Nantes who died when his light aircraft crashed into the sea off of Guernsey (the wreckage having now been found on the seabed).  That agent admits to having told porky pies about the valuations of and the interest from other clubs in the players he touted.  That is fact.  Is he alone in such methods or are they copied by other agents at will? 

Let all that factual evidence percolate through our grey matter and perhaps enable us to understand the scenarios that may face and have faced our recruiters every time they enter the transfer market viz - how can you tell the difference between truth and fiction in the marketplace and what measures should be or are in place to ensure no one is ever taken for a ride?

I am fairly sure that such methods or other shady methods are present in a substantial number of all high value transfer cases. I cannot know this of course, but given the amounts involved it seems likely. Agents will always look for ways to increase the price of a player, albeit some will go further than others.

So, it is a fact (if it is verified, which I don't know) that an agent claimed to have tried to increase the value/ trick clubs into pulling the trigger regarding two of our summer signings among others? It is however not a fact that this is what convinced us to buy them, or even that it increased the price or had anything to do with it. It is in fact just a fact that an agent referenced them in order to brag about how terrific he is in selling a player. Conclusions drawn from this evidence would be labelled as speculation surely?

Or am I missing something here, has there been further evidence provided other than an email?   
There are other corroborating facts already in the public domain concerning suspicious dealing on the transfer market in Europe and my point is that the appearance of two names of current FFC players who have not played up to their valuations suggests, alongside the many 'poor' signings we have witnessed from the European continent rather than from England, tends towards problems with pre-transfer evaluation in our dealings.   We don't know and will probably never know if any club in the PL or other English club made a serious approach for any player who we have recruited or tried to recruit other than the done deals where it has been suggested (again without absolute knowledge or proof) we had an interest.

Jonnoj

Quote from: toshes mate on February 04, 2019, 04:25:11 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 04, 2019, 03:57:49 PM
Why is it that some people on here cannot seem to get their heads around 'evidence' rather than opinion, statistical merit, or other circumstantial matters?  Anguissa and Seri were touted by an agent who was also involved with Sala's, the young player from Nantes who died when his light aircraft crashed into the sea off of Guernsey (the wreckage having now been found on the seabed).  That agent admits to having told porky pies about the valuations of and the interest from other clubs in the players he touted.  That is fact.  Is he alone in such methods or are they copied by other agents at will? 

Let all that factual evidence percolate through our grey matter and perhaps enable us to understand the scenarios that may face and have faced our recruiters every time they enter the transfer market viz - how can you tell the difference between truth and fiction in the marketplace and what measures should be or are in place to ensure no one is ever taken for a ride?

I am fairly sure that such methods or other shady methods are present in a substantial number of all high value transfer cases. I cannot know this of course, but given the amounts involved it seems likely. Agents will always look for ways to increase the price of a player, albeit some will go further than others.

So, it is a fact (if it is verified, which I don't know) that an agent claimed to have tried to increase the value/ trick clubs into pulling the trigger regarding two of our summer signings among others? It is however not a fact that this is what convinced us to buy them, or even that it increased the price or had anything to do with it. It is in fact just a fact that an agent referenced them in order to brag about how terrific he is in selling a player. Conclusions drawn from this evidence would be labelled as speculation surely?

Or am I missing something here, has there been further evidence provided other than an email?   
There are other corroborating facts already in the public domain concerning suspicious dealing on the transfer market in Europe and my point is that the appearance of two names of current FFC players who have not played up to their valuations suggests, alongside the many 'poor' signings we have witnessed from the European continent rather than from England, tends towards problems with pre-transfer evaluation in our dealings.   We don't know and will probably never know if any club in the PL or other English club made a serious approach for any player who we have recruited or tried to recruit other than the done deals where it has been suggested (again without absolute knowledge or proof) we had an interest.

What I don't understand about Klein's allegations and some of the sentiments expressed here is what is illegal about it?
Surely a valuation is calculated on who is willing to pay what amount for a player. The fact there are multiple agents involved isn't illegal as far as I know. We might be incompetent for paying dumb amounts for certain players but I don't think it's suspicious or illegal.

filham

Quote from: Hoppus on February 02, 2019, 10:50:07 PM
I wanted to die watching that second half against Palace.
It would have been better to die after the second half against Brighton, you would then have died a happy person with a huge smile on your face.

filham

It all makes you wonder how MAF was able to give us such good years, he was not a football expert but I suspect he was in contact with people who were and that he listened to their advice. Remember MAF's early appointment was to make Kevin Keagan Director of Football at the Cottage.

Perhaps the Khans should talk to MAF.

Statto

Quote from: filham on February 04, 2019, 06:22:16 PM
It all makes you wonder how MAF was able to give us such good years, he was not a football expert but I suspect he was in contact with people who were and that he listened to their advice. Remember MAF's early appointment was to make Kevin Keagan Director of Football at the Cottage.

Perhaps the Khans should talk to MAF.

Senior management has always been too light under Khan. He sacked Al Fayed's board when he took over and has never replenished it. He's done well to bring in Casper and Daly but  it appears our FD (O'Loughlin) went to Palace in the summer and Daly is only a non-exec. Mackintosh remains the only executive director, effectively running the club with Tony Khan. Very little football knowledge there (and in Tony Khan's case very little business knowledge as well) and certainly neither is anywhere near having the career success that would justify such huge reliance on them. People say Khan is an astute businessman but IMO he's always been incredibly naive, going into a business he knows nothing about and can devote very little of his personal time to, and thinking he can run it successfully with such a small team like his car bumper business.

Matt10

Hate to say it, but you guys do realize that despite the thirst to fire Tony Khan, it's his father's business. He is most likely letting Tony experience this at our expense, but experience it nonetheless....probably because he is going to take over the business in full someday. I mean I'd do the same for my sons. If I built a business, I'd leave it to them, and involve them in some sort of manner. Now, if I were SK, I would be bringing in some experts to show Tony how it's done - but that's complete without knowing what inner-workings and connections/networks the Khan's have from within that business.

So if he says he will die at the club, that may literally happen, after his father leaves first. It may be time to get over it and accept that Tony Khan will be part of Fulham for a long time. 

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on February 02, 2019, 08:09:09 PM
Were Tony Kahn's exact words on Twitter the other week, whilst telling an FFC fan to 'go to hell'.

Going to hell is exactly where we are heading this season, back to the Championship without a whimper, and a complete embarrassment in front of the rest of the Premier League.

I for one hope Tony Khan steps down from his role as DOF, or, from the the owners point of view, is made to stand down, as it's been a complete and utter car crash.

What pains me, is that we had such a glorious oportunity to put this club back on the Premier League platform, yet, poor decision after poor decision has killed us.

For me, I don't mind Tony 'dying at this Club' I just don't want him dying here in the Director of Football role, or we'll end up dead.

Let him play with his new wrestling venture, and draft in an experienced head to take care of transfers, and the general dealing of day-to-day football business, as he's clearly to inexperienced.

Thank you fir your efforts Tony, but it really isn't for you..

To be fair, Huddersfield are worse than us, so technically aren't they more of an embarrassment?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: HV71 on February 04, 2019, 04:24:04 PM
Rational Fan - your French tennis coach probably thought he was worth 30 m because he was good at getting the ball over the net

Based on current form, if Anguissa got the ball over the net that would be an improvement.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Matt10 on February 04, 2019, 09:12:44 PM
Hate to say it, but you guys do realize that despite the thirst to fire Tony Khan, it's his father's business. He is most likely letting Tony experience this at our expense, but experience it nonetheless....probably because he is going to take over the business in full someday. I mean I'd do the same for my sons. If I built a business, I'd leave it to them, and involve them in some sort of manner. Now, if I were SK, I would be bringing in some experts to show Tony how it's done - but that's complete without knowing what inner-workings and connections/networks the Khan's have from within that business.

So if he says he will die at the club, that may literally happen, after his father leaves first. It may be time to get over it and accept that Tony Khan will be part of Fulham for a long time.

I hope Tony Khan spends £104 million on players every Summer til the day he dies.

Matt10

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 04, 2019, 11:59:06 PM

I hope Tony Khan spends £104 million on players every Summer til the day he dies.

The only hope, for all parties involved, is that he is so consumed being a CEO of AEW + co-owner of Jaguars that he chooses those two as the priority and asks SK to replace him. I know he mentioned in the AEW interview that he never sleeps and is constantly working on things. Think that's enough rationale to drop one of the projects, or lighten the load.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Matt10 on February 05, 2019, 01:13:59 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 04, 2019, 11:59:06 PM

The only hope, for all parties involved, is that he is so consumed being a CEO of AEW + co-owner of Jaguars that he chooses those two as the priority and asks SK to replace him. I know he mentioned in the AEW interview that he never sleeps and is constantly working on things. Think that's enough rationale to drop one of the projects, or lighten the load.

TK will either "Die at this Club" or "Sell this Club". The later is scary.

bobbo

tosh , I can hardly believe we are so naive as to accept an agents opinion/recommendation and not have our own scouts observing. I don't know but I do know I've gone through life mainly trusting my own judgements.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sting of the North

Quote from: bobbo on February 05, 2019, 07:49:01 AM

tosh , I can hardly believe we are so naive as to accept an agents opinion/recommendation and not have our own scouts observing. I don't know but I do know I've gone through life mainly trusting my own judgements.

Sorry, I missed the part where this was confirmed to be the case. Care to enlighten me? And even if a shady agent was involved, there is nothing to suggest that we didn't have scouts assessing the players as well.