watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man Utd a free pass so experiment with team

Started by Bassey the warrior, February 06, 2019, 10:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

We should play Steve Sess and see how he fares, he will likely struggle but we will at least see what he brings to the table. Any other players people want to see?

RaySmith

The best possible team available to try and get a good result.

hovewhite

Quote from: RaySmith on February 06, 2019, 10:41:50 AM
what's the best possible team?

Moltobueno

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on February 06, 2019, 10:19:29 AM
Any other players people want to see?

probably the new signings Markovic and Nordtveit but apparently impossible.

Sting of the North

Quote from: hovewhite on February 06, 2019, 10:53:06 AM

That is up to Ranieri to decide (whether you like it or not), since he is responsible. I agree with Ray Smith that we should of course play our best team. Even if relegation looks likely, it is not over yet. If CR thinks that our best option is Steven Sessegnon, then he'll play. I would love to see him, but I believe that most people wants to see him for two reasons, namely 1. that they don't like our other options, and 2. that he is one of our own (and the twin of a star player as well).

Hopefully he gets his chance sooner rather than later, since that would indicate that he is seen as good enough to compete at PL level.

snarks

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 06, 2019, 12:09:46 PM

That is up to Ranieri to decide (whether you like it or not), since he is responsible. I agree with Ray Smith that we should of course play our best team. Even if relegation looks likely, it is not over yet. If CR thinks that our best option is Steven Sessegnon, then he'll play. I would love to see him, but I believe that most people wants to see him for two reasons, namely 1. that they don't like our other options, and 2. that he is one of our own (and the twin of a star player as well).

Hopefully he gets his chance sooner rather than later, since that would indicate that he is seen as good enough to compete at PL level.

Well it all depends on Christie, TFM is ineligible and if Christie has recovered he will play, if he's still injured then CR either has to play a back four (when I presume Denis will play RB) or if he sticks with a 5 it will have to be S Sess.

nose returns

I do not agree with the concept of experimenting especially against Mn Utd

And whilst we all know the position is bleak, it could be recovered so we should play our best 11, in the correct formation as per what did not happen on saturday last.

Sting of the North

Quote from: snarks on February 06, 2019, 12:45:50 PM

Well it all depends on Christie, TFM is ineligible and if Christie has recovered he will play, if he's still injured then CR either has to play a back four (when I presume Denis will play RB) or if he sticks with a 5 it will have to be S Sess.

Yes, it depends on a number of factors. My point was just that I don't think it should be because of experimentation for the sake of it, but because CR under the circumstances at hand feels he is the best option.

Bill2

Quote from: snarks on February 06, 2019, 12:45:50 PM

Excellent news TFM in not eligible to play.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on February 06, 2019, 10:19:29 AM
We should play Steve Sess and see how he fares, he will likely struggle but we will at least see what he brings to the table. Any other players people want to see?

I have no problem in playing Steve Sessegnon, he cannot do any worse than anyone else, but I would not call it experimenting more a necessity.
I have no problem with bringing in the odd youngster or two who are knocking on the door. Their enthusiasm energy and fearless enthusiasm would put certain other players with big reputations to shame.
In my opinion it would strengthen our cause in beating Man U, which is our main priority and nothing else matters.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tomo

I don't see how Man Utd at home are a free pass? We have a good record at home against them in the past. At home we should be looking to go for the win.

I'd like to see our old formation tried against them:

GK: Rico

RB: Odoi
CB: Ream
CB: Le Marchand
LB: Bryan

CDM: Chambers
CM: Seri
CM: Cairney

RW: Babel
CF: Mitrovic
LW: Sessengon
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Baszab

HobGoblin

Quote from: Tomo on February 06, 2019, 03:00:28 PM
I don't see how Man Utd at home are a free pass? We have a good record at home against them in the past. At home we should be looking to go for the win.

I'd like to see our old formation tried against them:

GK: Rico

RB: Odoi
CB: Ream
CB: Le Marchand
LB: Bryan

CDM: Chambers
CM: Seri
CM: Cairney

RW: Babel
CF: Mitrovic
LW: Sessengon

This

Two Ton Ted

Is Marlon Fossey fit?  I though he was above Seggenon S in the pecking order?

Personally I'd like to see O'Reilly on the bench. It'll be interesting to see how he could perform in the top flight.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

The Rational Fan

Go for Radical Experimentation

Rico

SSess. Norvedeidt,  MLM,  RSess

Chambers     Seri

Cairney

Marvoic         Mitro           Babel

Still in Game Subs: Odoi, Schullre and Bryan (move RSess)
Game Over Subs: Anguissa for MLM (move Chambers), Vietto for Mitro,
Other Sub: Fabri, Ream