watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southampton Away help and suggestions

Started by Riversider, February 06, 2019, 05:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I normally go down on the train, but this year I'm planning on driving, does anybody have any suggestions with regards to parking , and any half decent pub ?

ScalleysDad

something to ponder is how notoriously rubbish the roads in and out are. the last time we went, albeit we were heading west afterwards via the A35 we parked in Romsey, had munchies and caught the train in from there. Its close to the M27 or you get to Winchester and the M3 quite easily.

snarks

There is parking in the centre of Southampton, a couple of multi-storey places in Winchester Street and Cumberland place. On street parking is all metered with night time rates. As for pubs most of the ones near the ground seem to be home pubs. London Road, Bedford Place area have a few so you can take a choice. They're not keen on football shirts though.

BestOfBrede

Southampton is horrible to drive
One way system, traffic lights and very busy - as bad as London!
I know it won't help as you presumably want to drive in/out in the one day, but I used to stay in Fareham overnight. Close and much more relaxing!

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Frackleheath

Last time I went there, they ran a Park & Ride system from off the A27/M27 - do they still do it?

snarks

Quote from: Frackleheath on February 07, 2019, 03:06:36 PM
Last time I went there, they ran a Park & Ride system from off the A27/M27 - do they still do it?

I should point out, they are in the process of upgrading the M27/M3 area to smart motorway so there is a 50 mph speed limit near to the place where the motorways meet. This is likely to cause congestion on match day as it does on every other day, especially as it's midweek

Riversider

Thanks for the advice, I've now got a lovely parking space of "Just Park" 👍🏻