more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Fan At Stoke Dies.

Started by Lighthouse, February 07, 2010, 12:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

God In Heaven whats the point -

A man who was injured during a Premier League football match at Stoke City has died in hospital.

Police were alerted to an incident in a concourse of the Britannia Stadium's south stand which housed Blackburn fans just after 1600 GMT on Saturday.

The 30-year-old fan, who was thought to have been hit on the head with a bin, was found unconscious. He was taken to hospital where he later died.

A 25-year-old man from Preston has been arrested over the incident.

Police inquiries

Staffordshire Police said the injured man was initially treated at the scene for a head injury and cardiac arrest by staff from West Midlands Ambulance Service and St John Ambulance.

The fan was resuscitated at the scene and then taken to hospital.

A police spokesman said: "A 30-year-old man was pronounced dead at 1.55am this morning at University Hospital North Staffordshire.

"The circumstances are being fully investigated and a 25-year-old man remains in custody and is helping police with their inquiries."

Ch Insp Adrian Roberts, match commander at the game which saw Stoke beat Blackburn Rovers 3-0, said there were just over 1,300 Blackburn fans at the game, and no Stoke fans were involved in the incident.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

I'd heard it was a Blackurn fan that died and it was anouther blackburn fan who done it.

RidgeRider

That's what this article implies as well. What a shame.

Peabody

Definately a Blackburn fan and it would appear that it was an incident involving Blackburn fans. Very sad.

finnster01

It always sad to read about fans losing their life, but it is absolutely unbelievable when it happens between travelling fans from the same club. What is this world coming to?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

bigalffc

Terribly sad for his family. I'm just surprised that Stoke fans weren't involved they are a bunch of morons
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum