News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Surely we’ve learnt our lesson(s) from 2013/14?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, February 08, 2019, 09:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Nope, not getting promoted, we've not learnt a single thing from being in the Premier League last time, I'm talking about being relegated.

Surely lightening won't strike twice, will it??

We go down, we keep the dinosaur Ranieri who completely clears the decks of all our experienced players, promotes half the youth team (mixed in with a couple of Italian has-beens) Tony blows FFP again by signing one loan striker for 13 odd million, we're bottom after 10 games with 1pt.

Or,

We sack Ranieri last game of the season, we go the best part of the summer without identifying a new coach, joins 3 weeks before the start, no players identified, last minute signings, takes us half a season to settle, we still lack a LB, CB, DCM and a ST.

Or,

We do it the right way. As soon as we're mathematically relegated, Ranieri is sacked, a good Championship manager is brought in that we've been courting already (David Wagner). Gets to asses the team before were relegated, Club works on tieing down Sess, retaining Cairney, calling back Johansen, Kamara, convincing others like McDonald to stay.

Tony sells the big earners, gets rid of the likes of Schurrle, Mitro, Sirri, Frank, they won't be staying, targets worked on EARLY in the summer, we regroup, we go for automatic promotion.

nose returns

i think whatever happens it is bound to be the worst option and that is either the keep CR one which is a horrific idea
or
we sack him but fail to get a replacement until we are almost day one of the championship or possibly not till mid september.

the owner and his son AND the CEO simply have not the first idea what they are doing so I have no faith whatsoever after this shambolic season. an the owners comments today were an insult to my intelligence to far. an appology and a promise to learn lessons would have been in order, not that bull that he wrote, dreadfully disillusioning how little he thinks of us.
e

The Rational Fan

We could, early in transfer window, sell "Mitro" to Chelsea in exchange for OWNERSHIP of eight loan players (Eduardo GK, Ola Aina RB, Tomas Kalas CB, Abdul Rahman Baba LB, Danilo Pantic AM, Lucas Piazón RW, Tammy Abraham CF and Nathan LW) plus any value difference in millions.

I personally think Chelsea would go for it as they need a striker and it would ensure FFC have a big squad for pre-season, then at the end of transfer window FFC can sell or loan any 3rd team players.

Woolly Mammoth

Before anyone gets removed or replaced or sold or sacked or put in the stocks.
Replace the owners son ASAP with a competent efficient qualified professional person who is an authority on Association Football and the English Football League.
Before you replace anyone else, make sure TK is replaced otherwise it will be the same old Chestnut, with the same old mess and mistakes and bad judgement. So until TK is removed nothing will improve, and also cut down on the loan players. You cannot build a decent team spirit or team heart beat in a Dressing Room environment where you know players won't be there long enough, too many ins and outs undermines moral, no wonder the team often collapses like a pack of Cards, it's because it's built on sand.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

They should fight tooth and to keep Mitro, even if it is for one season, because we need his goals to have any chance of getting back up imo, Sess too.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Statto has elsewhere commented about something I and some of my FFC chums have been feeling for a while that the Khans are on their way out.  We have ventured to suspect the feelers are already out since we know that such matters are always very hush, hush.  We should see just how sharp or blunt our prediction proves to be quite soon.  I feel uneasy about the outcome because I don't understand why the Khan's purchased the Club originally, and that doubt may equally apply to any or all successors.

It is but just one of any number of possibilities of what the future holds and may or may not cure the malaise that has tainted most everything the Khans have touched or been involved in since their purchase.  The whole depends on what Khan Snr's purchase was all about; was it about his son?; was it about the NFL franchise?; was it pure vanity all along?  The future depends on answers to any number of questions that hang in the air as the self destruction of potential continues unabated via mainly abysmal decision making.  In life you are bound to get decisions right twenty five percent of the time by chance alone and the most successful people are apparently those when that one in four choice has made them an awful lot of money.  Hard work has seemingly been almost eliminated as the most likely route to success in modern society, but I do hope it appears alive and well at CC and MP sometime soon.