watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man Utd 8/13 to win tomorrow, really?

Started by davew, February 08, 2019, 08:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Obviously the bookies must know that Man U will be fielding a weak team, but looking at those odds are they going to field their under 23's side against us? I wish I hadn't lost so much betting on a forlorn cause this season i.e. FFC, otherwise I would have taken a large punt on us losing tomorrow and probably would have lost again!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

United aren't going to field a weak team.   They are trying to get in the top 4 of the league.   The Champions League match is important, but Fulham's game is arguably moreso.

davew

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 08, 2019, 10:19:33 PM
United aren't going to field a weak team.   They are trying to get in the top 4 of the league.   The Champions League match is important, but Fulham's game is arguably moreso.
Continue this chat tomorrow 45 minutes before kick off! Of course they are trying to get in the top 4, they don't need to field a strong team to beat us, won't say any 11 players will achieve that, but only 1/2 of them need to be quality.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 10:28:27 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 08, 2019, 10:19:33 PM
Continue this chat tomorrow 45 minutes before kick off! Of course they are trying to get in the top 4, they don't need to field a strong team to beat us, won't say any 11 players will achieve that, but only 1/2 of them need to be quality.

My guess is they will start with 6-7 first team outfield players, have 3 on the bench ready if they go down and have 2 first teamer pulled off if they get up by two goals (leaving 5 first teams on the field). To add to our problems some of the 2nd teamers for CL, maybe better suited against us and would be first teamers against us anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

I don't know why your dissecting the possibilities of who why when and what they are going to do. A complete and utter waste of energy. Who cares, I know what they will do, because whichever team they select will be tough to beat. So it doesn't really matter what team they put out.
They will go out and try and take the game away from us in the first half and win the game early for obvious reasons.
I am more concerned about what Fulham and CK will do, and if turns out to be the usual passionless disinterested display of keystone cop defending and keystone cop finishing we will all be put out of our agony early.
On the other hand, we could score an early goal take a first half lead, hang on under relentless pressure helped by a huge rub of the green, and then we break away and score a second goal to put the game to bed, happy days.
Either that or it's the firing squad, either way it's best to relax, as there is nothing we can do about it but cheer them on. 🆘

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

Ole Solskaer has been named Manager of the Month, that curse should fetch the odds down.

Sting of the North

Nilsson-Lindelöf will not play according to reports in Sweden. He's been their best CB the last few months, so should increase our chances by at least a microscopic amount.

We will of course find out very soon how their team will look.

David I

You could get 8/11 with corals online... Easiest £80 I've ever made. Also corals enhanced Man U to score 2 or more goals within 30 minutes 5/1..... Limited to £10 max.

You should never back against your team but when you see the line up its financial suicide not to...

Spirit of 2000

MU to win plus 1 and 2 goal handicaps. Was like buying money!