watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (23/10/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 23, 2010, 07:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6461107,00.html?

Stoor seeking Sweden switch
Fulham defender ready for a return to homeland, according to agent

Fredrik Stoor's agent has admitted that a return to Sweden is a strong possibility.

Fulham signed the right-back on a four-year deal during the summer of 2008 from Norwegian side Rosenborg.

However, Stoor failed to hold down a regular first-team spot and he joined Championship outfit Derby on loan last season where he made 11 appearances for Nigel Clough's side.

The player's agent Per Jonsson admits that a return to Sweden, where he began his career playing for his local club Hammarby, could be on the cards.

And a return to the Allsvenskan (Swedish first division) would prove to be a welcome boost for the defender.

The 26-year-old would command a free in the region of £350,000 and current champions AIK have reportedly shown an interest in the player.

Change

Johnsson told Fotbooldirekt: "Fredrik needs to be playing regular football and a return to the Allsvenskan is a strong possibility.

"He needs a change of clubs but we need to speak with Fulham again and hope that we can agree something in the near future.

"There are no bids on the table at the moment, but that depends on whether Fulham are prepared to release him.

"If we receive a decent bid from a club that are willing to invest in him then it's a possibility.

"Life has been tough on him, but he's in fine physical shape and I know that Fulham have been impressed by his fitness."

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/long-term-injury-victim-johnson-set-fulham-comeback-1197691?

Long term injury victim Johnson set for Fulham comeback

Fulham striker Andy Johnson will make his first appearance since January in Saturday's Premier League clash with West Bromwich Albion.

The 29 year old has finally recovered from a combination of shoulder, knee and hip injuries.

Cottagers boss Mark Hughes has revealed he is ready for the trip to the Hawthorns.

"Andy should be OK. He came through 90 minutes and we're pleased with that," said Hughes.

"It was the good challenge that he needed to clear his mind. He's available for selection.

"We'll look at the option of starting Andy. It would be more advisable to introduce him slowly and see how he goes."

However, Fulham are suffering an injury crisis in midfield with Simon Davies (ankle), Danny Murphy (abductor strain), Dickson Etuhu (ankle) and Damien Duff (calf) out.

"We have four guys down in midfield so we're a little bit light in that department," added Hughes.

WhiteJC

http://football.fanhouse.co.uk/2010/10/22/west-brom-v-fulham-preview-roberto-di-matteo-wants-points-not/?

West Brom v Fulham Preview: Roberto Di Matteo Wants Points, Not Praise

PREMIER LEAGUE: THE HAWTHORNS, SATURDAY OCTOBER 23, 2010: KICK-OFF: 1500 BST

Jonas Olsson's immediate reaction to West Brom's impressive draw against Manchester United last weekend was that poor little Albion don't get enough credit for their achievements.

That was the third time this season they have taken points from sides that finished in the top four. Victory at Arsenal and draws with Spurs and United are impressive, but according to the Swede all the media has done in the aftermath of the three results is to focus on the short-comings of their opponents.

Olsson has a right to complain, but manager Roberto Di Matteo knows that the defender and the rest of his squad need to be careful and not start getting too far ahead of themselves with 30 games remaining and plenty of hard work still to come.

As soon as Albion start believing their own hype, and they start the weekend in sixth place in the Premier League, Di Matteo knows they are in trouble. As far as the Italian is concerned they are facing their most crucial phase of the season up to the end of December.

Di Matteo's belief is taking points off big clubs will count for little if they cannot capitalise by beating teams like Mark Hughes' Fulham at home.

It is difficult to argue and Fulham certainly do not present the same kind of problems as the Premier League's more illustrious sides. Hughes is still finding his feet and has been hampered by injuries to key players like Bobby Zamora and Moussa Dembele.

Last weekend's defeat by Spurs was a contentious one, because of Tom Huddlestone's dubious winning goal for Harry Redknapp's side at Craven Cottage.

Hughes and the rest of his side will be fired by a sense of injustice, while Zoltan Gera, Diomansy Kamara and Jonathan Greening will be especially keen to impress against their former club.

Key Match-up: Gabriel Tamas v Diomansy Kamara
Tamas has been a revelation at the Hawthorns this season and has to be one of the shrewdest pieces of business after costing a mere £800,000 from Auxerre follwoing a successful loan spell last season. There were huge question marks over whether the Romanian would be able to cope with life at the highest level in England, but so far he has hardly put a foot wrong. He has the bulk to cope with the physical demands, but he will face a tougher examination with the pace of former Albion striker Kamara. There was huge disappointment when Kamara quit Albion and he will be fired up to show them exactly what they have been missing.

Form Guide: Albion are unbeaten at home in the league since January. Fulham's defeat against Spurs last weekend was their fifth game without a victory in all competitions.

Odds: WBA 6/5, Fulham 12/5, Draw 9/4

WEST BROMWICH ALBION:
Unlike Olsson, Di Matteo could not care less if his side do not get enough recognition for their performances against last season's top four finishers. Plaudits are something he can wait for until the end of the season.

Albion have 11 Premier League games between now and the end of December and the Italian knows all the good work at Old Trafford and Arsenal will be of little use if they do not follow up with even better results against lesser sides.

"I really don't care or worry about whether we have got the credit we deserve. It is not important to me. It will not give us any more points," said Di Matteo.

"Of course we are pleased, but winning against Wigan, Fulham or Stoke is the same amount of points as beating Arsenal. What we do over the next few months is more important.

"We might have raised expectations a little bit with our own fans, by getting a draw against Manchester United, but I know that football does not work like that.

"It is important that we do not get ahead of ourselves and get carried away. There is still 30 games for us to play this season and a lot of points still to get."

Strategy: Do not expect much to change from Albion, despite the confidence they will have gained from their spirited comeback at Old Trafford. They have been finishing games the stronger for most of their eight outings so far and 11 goals have come in the second half and they have come from behind on no fewer than five occasions.

In contrast to the last time they played at this level two season ago, Albion have added a steely resolve to their determination to attack. They seem much more streetwise and experienced under Di Matteo and there is a mental resolve that was missing under previous manager Tony Mowbray. They feel they belong at this level and the results they have gained against the top four would suggest they are right to do so.

Injury Update: Jerome Thomas has returned to training after a calf injury and could be recalled, after missing the weekend draw at Old Trafford. Left back Marek Cech still does not have a return date, after missing most of the season so far with a metatarsal injury. Peter Odemwingie is still suffering from the effects of a knee injury and unlikely to recover in time to make the squad.

FULHAM:
Hughes was left smarting by the manner of his side's defeat to Tottenham last week but knows he must now focus his team's efforts on securing a first Premier League away win since the victory at Portsmouth on the opening day of last season.

"We have set about trying to improve that and we have been reasonably pleased with our performances," said the manager. "Ideally we want three points. Sometimes we show the scars having not won away for so long, but we have to be positive."

The manager knows enough about West Brom, however to warn of the dangers of taking Di Matteo's team too lightly.

"They have done really well and against the better teams they have acquitted themselves very well," he added. "They will be very pleased with the start they have made. It will be a big test for us because they are an accomplished side and their confidence has grown with the results they have had."

Strategy: Fulham have adopted a more positive approach on the road under Hughes and while that has so far failed to deliver three points, it has ensured they remain unbeaten away from Craven Cottage. More of the same, then, and with striker Andrew Johnson poised to return to the squad, Hughes's side may have the additional cutting edge they need to break their away duck.

Injury Update: Johnson came through a behind-closed-doors friendly against Southampton this week and is likely to start on the bench behind Moussa Dembele who has recovered from a hip problem. Simon Davies (ankle), Danny Murphy (abductor), Dickson Etuhu (ankle) and Damien Duff (calf), Bobby Zamora (leg) are all out.

WhiteJC

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/aj-like-new-fulham-signing?

AJ like new Fulham signing
Fulham - Andy Johnson return lifts Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes likens the return of Andy Johnson to completing a new signing as the Fulham striker prepares to make his comeback on Saturday.

Johnson will play some part in the Barclays Premier League clash with West Brom at the Hawthorns after recovering from a combination of shoulder, knee and hip problems.

Hughes said: "We'll look at the option of starting Andy but it would be more advisable to introduce him slowly and see how he goes. He's looked very sharp and we're pleased that he's back. He's a significant player for us and it's like making a new signing."

He added: "Hopefully he'll stay free of injury now and he can concentrate on making a real impact."

Fulham are hoping to register their first away win since the opening day of last season, a sequence spanning 22 games.

They have drawn all four matches on the road this term and Hughes believes that elusive victory will arrive soon.

"We've set about trying to improve our away record and we're reasonably pleased with our form in that respect," he said.

"We've picked up points which is important. Ideally we want to get three points, that's important from a confidence point of view.

"At times we show a few of the scars from the fact we haven't won on the road for so long. We must overcome that and stay positive.

"The win will come because we're playing well enough."

WhiteJC

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/west-bromwich-albion-vs-fulham-sat-23-oct-2010?

West Bromwich Albion Vs Fulham, Sat 23 Oct 2010
West Bromwich Albion Vs Fulham: Match Preview

Roberto Di Matteo wants West Brom to make hay while the sun shines by making the most of their current impressive form ahead of the home clash with Fulham.

Albion have been the surprise team in the Barclays Premier League so far this season after gaining promotion and are occupying sixth spot.

Their results include a 3-2 win at Arsenal and recovering from a two-goal deficit to draw 2-2 with Manchester United at Old Trafford last weekend.

Di Matteo knows Albion could still face a struggle for survival but likens their current form to a family visit to a farm he made this week.

Di Matteo said: "It's like when you're a farmer. You want to bring as much hay into your store as soon as possible.

"It's going to be a long, harsh winter.

"It is freezing cold at the moment. We're happy we've got some hay in there already. But we definitely don't have enough.

"After eight games there are still 90 points to play for, so we have nowhere near enough.

"My family went to visit a farm so the analogy is in my mind at the moment!"

Di Matteo admits he expects Albion to come under more scrutiny from opponents after collecting 12 points from their opening eight games.

He said: "We've had a decent return of points and it doesn't matter to me whether the opposition is Tottenham, Manchester United, Wigan, Wolves or Blackburn. It's about the points.

"But I think the more difficult part will come now. There wasn't much expected off us at Old Trafford or the Emirates or when we played Spurs so now I think it is going to be more difficult.

"We're a newly-promoted team and we were expected to go down with the other promoted teams. I think the opposition will look at us a bit closer now."

Albion winger Jerome Thomas is fit after fully overcoming a calf problem.

But four-goal leading scorer Peter Odemwingie remains a major doubt with the knee problem suffered against Bolton three weeks ago.

Mark Hughes likens the return of Andy Johnson to completing a new signing as the Fulham striker prepares to make his comeback.

Johnson will play some part at The Hawthorns after recovering from a combination of shoulder, knee and hip problems.

The 29-year-old participated in a development match against Southampton in midweek and Hughes insists he is ready to resume a career that has been heavily interrupted by injury.

"Andy should be OK. He came through 90 minutes and we're pleased with that," said Hughes.

"It was the good challenge that he needed to clear his mind. He's available for selection.

"We'll look at the option of starting Andy but it would be more advisable to introduce him slowly and see how he goes.

"He's looked very sharp and we're pleased that he's back.

"He's a significant player for us and it's like making a new signing.

"Hopefully he'll stay free of injury now and he can concentrate on making a real impact."

Fulham are hoping to register their first away win since the opening day of last season, a sequence spanning 22 games.

They have drawn all four matches on the road this term and Hughes believes that elusive victory will arrive soon.

"We've set about trying to improve our away record and we're reasonably pleased with our form in that respect," he said.

"We've picked up points which is important. Ideally we want to get three points, that's important from a confidence point of view.

"At times we show a few of the scars from the fact we haven't won on the road for so long. We must overcome that and stay positive.

"The win will come because we're playing well enough."

West Brom lie sixth in the table, are unbeaten at home and have won away at Arsenal and held Manchester United to a draw at Old Trafford.

"If you look at the games and opposition they've played, they've done exceptionally well," said Hughes.

"They've acquitted themselves very well against some of the better teams in the league.

"It's a big test for us because they're an accomplished side who are confident after the results they've had."

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218026

Fulham - Worse Off?
For all the hullabaloo our good start to the season has created there`s a sobering point o bear in mind.

Having just suffered, last time out, our first defeat in the Premier League giving us a record of Played 8, Won 1, Lost 1, Drawn 6, you may be interested to know that points wise we`re actually worse off than we were at the same stage last season!

Food for thought!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218026#ixzz13AAGPMZc

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218024

Fulham - Direct Referee Action!
Is it a coincidence, you tell me!

After his involvement in that decidedly dodgy winner last weekend, it`s come to our attention that the referee who sinned against us when William Gallas clearly tried to, from an offside position, help Huddlestones` deflected shot in, hasn`t got a fixture to referee this weekend.

The official word is that Mike Dean is on a scheduled holiday.

Now what`s that all about?

Scheduled holiday during the season!

Pull the other one we say!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=218024#ixzz13AAVGaLX

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/10/22/1767614/my-five-keys-to-victory-for-fulham-against-west-brom?

My Five Keys To Victory For Fulham Against West Brom

This Saturday, Fulham will be on the road at the Hawthorns to play West Brom. The game takes place at 3PM UK Time and 10 AM EST. The game will be shown on Fox Soccer Channel on taped delay at 5 PM EST in the United States. However, there also is another option online. You can watch the game on Foxsoccer.tv live. This is a subscription based service that I would recommend. 

This will not be an easy game for Fulham on the road. There are a few reasons why going to the Hawthorns this weekend is going to be a challenge. First, according to Sky Sports, Fulham will be without Danny Murphy, Simon Davies, Damien Duff, and Dickson Etuhu. They have all been ruled out of this match. The midfield play for Fulham could be challenged. Second, West Brom have been excellent so far this season at home. They are unbeaten at the Hawthorns. Fulham will have to be at their best to beat the Baggies. 

For Fulham, I think the injuries are starting to catch up with them. I have already mentioned the situation in the midfield. I will also be curious to see who will be starting up front as the strikers. Mark Hughes might have to move some of his players around in this match-up. The good news is that Fulham might have a striker available who is coming back from a long term injury. According to Sky Sports, Andrew Johnson could be available to play against West Brom. Johnson could give a huge boost up front that is needed right now.

West Brom have started off great this season going into the Fulham match. They are currently sixth in the league with 12 points. Along with their unbeaten record at home, the Baggies have had impressive results on the road. They have beaten Arsenal at the Emirates, and tied Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Roberto Di Matteo is the manager of West Brom. A player to watch tomorrow for the Baggies is their leading goal scorer Peter Odemwingie. The Nigerian striker has scored three times this season. However, he is questionable tomorrow to play against Fulham with a knee injury. 

As I do before every match I do my 5 "keys" that I hope will lead to 3 points for Fulham. Below are " My 5 Keys To Victory For Fulham Against West Brom."

1. Fulham need to be exceptional in defending set pieces.  Fulham continue to struggle at set pieces. On the road, Fulham will need to mark their opponents, and make sure no one gets an open shot.   

2. Jonathan Greening and Chris Baird need to control the midfield for Fulham. With Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu ruled out, it will be up to these two players to get the ball up front to the strikers. This is a major key to this match-up.

3. Fulham need to score on their own set piece opportunities. Fulham have struggled to score this season. With the issues in midfield, they might have limited scoring opportunities from the strikers. I have a feeling they will need to score a goal on a set piece to win.

4. Mark Schwarzer needs to shut down West Brom. Schwarzer I think will have to be in rare form at the Hawthorns. I believe he needs a shut out for Fulham to get the victory.

5. Clint Dempsey needs to be very active against West Brom. I think Dempsey is at his best when he is in midfield. It will be interesting to see where he plays tomorrow. Regardless, I think Dempsey has an incredible ability to create scoring opportunities from absolutely nothing. Against West Brom I hope he shoots often, because I believe he will eventually score.

As I stated earlier, this game should be a struggle for Fulham. However, I think this is the match that they get that win on the road. I am predicting a 1-0 victory for Fulham.

WhiteJC

http://www.sportingpreview.com/matches/10110663.php?

WEST BROM v FULHAM
BIG MATCH STATS AND FACTS

Fulham have won none of their last 22 Premier League away matches, but they have drawn the last four in a row.

• West Brom have lost just one of their last seven Premier League matches at the Hawthorns.

• WBA have scored just four goals in eight Premier League games against Fulham.

• The four Premier League games between West Brom and Fulham at the Hawthorns have produced a total of just four goals.

• Fulham have drawn six of their eight league games this season.

• WBA have not dropped any points from a leading position this season.

• Six of West Brom's 11 league goals this season have come in the 15 minutes after half-time.

• This will be the 75th time West Brom and Fulham have met. West Brom lead by 35 wins to 24, with 15 draws.

• Fulham have fared well against the Baggies in recent years, losing just one of their last seven meetings.

• West Brom have made their best-ever start to a Premier League season after eight matches.

• The Baggies are unbeaten at home, winning three and drawing two in all competitions this season.

• Their last nine goals have all come in the second half of matches.

• James Morrison and Jerome Thomas are both set to make their 150th English league appearances.

• Fulham suffered their first defeat of the season last week, losing 2-1 at home to Spurs.

• Mark Hughes' side have drawn all four away games in the league this season.

• You have to go back to the opening day of last season to find Fulham's last away win - 1-0 at Portsmouth. That's 22 away matches without a win.

• Fulham had more points at this stage last season, despite losing four of their first six games.

WhiteJC

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/22/squad-sheets-west-bromwich-albion?

Squad sheets: West Bromwich Albion v Fulham

Fulham, already deprived of their main striker, Bobby Zamora, will be without their entire first-choice midfield. They will miss the creative influences of Danny Murphy, Damien Duff and Simon Davies, while an injury to the more defensive-minded Dickson Etuhu undermines their chances further. Those absentees mean former West Bromwich players Diomansy Kamara, Zoltan Gera and Jonathan Greening may all start. The managers, Roberto Di Matteo and Mark Hughes, used to be room-mates at Chelsea. John Stanton

Venue The Hawthorns, tomorrow 3pm Tickets Sold out Last season West Brom 1 Fulham 0 Referee K Friend

This season's matches 2 Y10, R1, 5.50 cards per game

Probable starters in bold, contenders in light. Photograph: Graphic

Odds West Brom 6-5 Fulham 11-4 Draw 12-5

West Brom

Subs from Myhill, Dorrans, Thomas, Bednar, Ibáñez, Barnes, Reid, Zuiverloon, Cox, Méîté, Odemwingie

Doubtful Odemwingie (knee)

Injured Cech (foot, Nov), Miller (match fitness, Nov)

Suspended None

Form guide DDWWDL

Disciplinary record Y14 R1

Leading scorer Odemwingie 3

Fulham

Subs from Stockdale, Pantsil, Halliche, Riise, E Johnson,Dikgacoi, A Johnson

Doubtful None

Injured Davies (ankle, 30 Oct), Murphy (groin, 13 Nov), Etuhu (ankle, 13 Nov), Duff (calf, 13 Nov), Zamora (leg, Feb), Senderos (calf, Feb), Stoor (groin, unknown)

Suspended None

Form guide LDDDWD

Disciplinary record Y13 R0

Leading scorers Dempsey, Dembélé 2

Match pointers

• West Brom have lost only one of their last seven league matches at the Hawthorns

• Fulham have won none of their last 22 league away matches, but they have drawn the last four in a row

• 91% of West Brom's goals have come after half-time, the highest proportion in the top-flight, with six of their 11 coming in the 15 minutes after half time

• Fulham had more points at this stage last season, yet lost four of their first six games

• West Brom have not dropped any points from a leading position this season

WhiteJC

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/10/fulham-1-2-tottenham-hotpsur.html?

Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

Fulham 1 -2 Tottenham Hotpsur

This game started out with something not seen too often at Craven Cottage - the away team deciding to switch halves after winning the toss. Whether the tactic is meant to make the home team uneasy I'm not sure, but the sight of Fulham attacking the Hammersmith End in the first half certainly quietened the fans at the beginning of the game.

I say it quietened the fans, but they seems to have been less atmosphere at the Cottage so far this season, despite a surprising run of sell out crowds (even the upcoming Wigan game is now a full house). Maybe the seats have been taken up by more tourists like me (only not as loud) who have had their interest piqued by last year's Europa League exploits? Perhaps the crowd is still trying to work out the new look Fulham, something which has been particularly hard given Hughes' late appointment followed up by the rash of injuries experienced recently.

It was some of these injuries that saw another new pairing upfront - Kamara and the returning Dembele - who seemed to link up well. When they got the ball that is. The first ten minutes of this game was totally dominated by Spurs. In fact Fulham only started to get a grip of the game after a sliced clearance by Gomes and after that they eventually worked the upper hand in the first half.

Jonathan Greening, another player who was in to cover injuries, was having one of his best games for Fulham, breaking up play in the centre of the field and then pushing the whites forward. On the left wing Dempsey was having one of his odd games where he'd constantly miscontrol any passes that came his way, yet probably saw more of the ball than any other Fulham player in the first half. While many of the fans would like to see Gera given a start, I think Hughes sees a lot of himself in the American and likes the fire that he provides the team.

When Fulham did score, it was all thanks to Dempsey. He cut inside and controlled a high ball and ran across the goal area, taking three defenders with him. As we joked over where the hell he was going he somehow screwed a ball back across the goalmouth which left Kamara more or less with an open goal, and he easily  dispatched the ball past Gomes.
As the Hammy End taunted the away fans, I was just remarking how fortunate it was that Fulham had at least made their dominance pay when I looked up to see Van Der Vaart clip the ball over Schwarzer and against the bar. Unfortunately it fell for Pavlychenko who had an even easier task than Kamara to equalise within a minute. Damn.

The second half was a much more even affair, with Tom Huddlestone doing a great job of screening his patched up back line from any Fulham attacks. Considering Bale's previous appearances at the Cottage, he was surprisingly subdued during this game. I had originally put it down to exertions from international week, but he has since scored a hat-trick against the European champions, so maybe he was just well shackled by his old Southampton team-mate Chris Baird. In fact Bale was so frustrated at one point that he threw himself to the ground in a pointless and very disappointing dive. He fared better against Stephen Kelly when Baird was moved to centre midfield and Kelly kept showing him inside for some reason.

The winner, when it came, was contentious and covered in another post. But the biggest disappointment was Fulham didn't respond to it in the same way the Tottenham had responded to going behind. Had Huddlestone's goal been a 'normal' one, perhaps they would have found it easier to regain momentum. But the messiness of both the goal and the officiating could well have robbed them of any momentum and they didn't look like clawing the game back this time.

WhiteJC

http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=218070

West Brom host Fulham
Roberto Di Matteo will host former Chelsea team mate Mark Hughes in a game that the Baggies will seek to build on their well earned draw against Manchester United.

There was no expectation against Manchester United and even less so following two first half goals from the home team. So for all Albion followers it was a remarkable feat to come away from Old Trafford with a point. It's a point, the first one achieved at United since the season of the Great Escape, that most Baggies fans will be pleased with but a draw against Fulham will see a season's high crowd trundle away from the Hawthorns disappointed.

This game is vital for the Baggies and no less than three points will be good enough. That's not to underestimate Fulham because they are an excellent side who are solid at the back and play the ball around with ease but the Baggies really need to get three points in the bag after home draws against Spurs and more recently Bolton. Home form will be critical for Albion's chances of survival this season and they would expect games against mid table teams such as Fulham to yield points.

Roberto Di Matteo's thoughts
'We've had a decent return of 12 points from eight games and it doesn't matter to me whether the opposition is Tottenham, Manchester United, Wigan, Wolves or Blackburn - it's about the points.

'I think the more difficult part will come now.

'There wasn't much expected off us at Old Trafford or the Emirates or when we played Spurs, so now I think it is going to be more difficult.

'We're a newly-promoted team and we were expected to go down with the other promoted teams.

'I think the opposition will look at us a bit closer now.'

West Brom Team News:
Peter Odemwingie looks set to miss out again so the less dynamic Marc-Antoine Fortuné will again start up front by himself. Jerome Thomas is fully fit again so he should play instead of Somen Tchoyi, who netted the equaliser against Man United. Graham Dorrans will surely be on the bench again and he could be joined by Ishmael Miller following his successful return from injury in the 5-4 reserves' loss to Chelsea.

Player to watch: James Morrison
James Morrison was excellent against Man United but his end product isn't always there. Expect Morrison to put in another star performance.

Fulham Team News:
Fulham have a host of injuries to contend with, Davies, Murphy, Etuhu, Duff, Zamora, Senderos and Stoor but they could welcome back forward Andrew Johnson to their forward line.

he injuries mean that former Albion player Zoltan Gera, Jonathan Greening and Diomansy Kamara could feature for the visitors.

Player to watch: Moussa Dembele

The Baggies were interested in Dembele before he eventually signed for the Cottagers and he is a player who works hard as well as being able to find the back of the net.

Match Facts & Stats
Fulham have drawn their last 4 away games but their last visit to the Hawthorns saw them lose 1-0 following a Roman Bednar goal and West Brom's first ever Premier League win came against Fulham courtesy of a goal from Big Dave, Darren Moore, on 31 August 2002.

Ref Watch:
Kevin Friend is the referee for this game having already taken charge of Albion's home win against Sunderland.

Match Prediction:
1-0 to the Baggies

Read more: http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=218070#ixzz13AD22kvX

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/10/23/1768598/the-clint-dempsey-interview-on-world-football-daily?

The Clint Dempsey Interview On World Football Daily

Today, Fulham and USMNT player Clint Dempsey was a guest on World Football Daily. This radio show is hosted by Steven Cohen and Kenny Hassan.

The hosts had a very lengthy interview with Clint. They asked him many questions about his time at Fulham. I think fans will find this interview very interesting, and it is courtesy of World Football Daily. Please feel free to listen to the Clint Dempsey WFD Interview.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/207096/-Jigsaw-Jonathan-Greening-no-big-puzzle-for-Chris-Brunt/?

'JIGSAW' JONATHAN GREENING NO BIG PUZZLE FOR CHRIS BRUNT

CHRIS Brunt is not much of a betting man and he will not be risking a single penny on 'Jigsaw' celebrating his return to the Hawthorns with a goal.

'Jigsaw' was just one of the few nicknames, along with 'Jesus' and 'Tramp', that Jonathan Greening had stuck to him during his time at West Brom.

And Brunt is under no illusions that Fulham midfielder Greening will live up to the Jigsaw tag if he gets a chance to show Albion fans what they are missing this afternoon.

"We called him Jigsaw because he always goes to pieces in the box. But he had loads of nicknames," said Brunt.

"Jigsaw was the one that stuck for a while and I don't think he was too happy. He used to score 100 goals in training, but come the game on a Saturday he'd never score. It will be strange if he even crosses the halfway line against us.

"I know that people often go back to their old clubs and have chances to score and I am sure it will be the same for Jono.

But I won't be putting my money on him for first goalscorer."

Greening became a cult hero at West Brom along with another crowd favourite Zoltan Gera, who will be looking to burst the Premier League bubble of his old club. And while Albion have soared up the table without the duo, the IQ level in the dressing room has risen significantly now the pair have gone, according to Brunt.

"I don't know about the dressing room being a quieter place. It is probably a smarter place, a more intelligent dressing room," he said. "Jono was usually on the receiving end of practical jokes because he was such an easy target."

Albion were also supposed to be sitting ducks in the top flight this season – but victory at Arsenal and last weekend's fightback from 2-0 down to claim a draw at Manchester United suggests they could do well.

They have taken five points from Tottenham, Arsenal and United so far but, unlike team-mate Jonas Olsson, who believes West Brom have not been given the credit they deserve, Brunt is happy to stay out of the spotlight.

"I don't think it matters. It is the natural thing – little West Brom getting results here and there," said Brunt.

"Obviously the natural response is the big clubs haven't played well. But we did deserve our win at the Emirates and our point at Old Trafford.

"We definitely deserve to be where we are and, if anything, we could have had more points. But I feel we are best off just staying under the radar and going about our own business."

WhiteJC

http://www.sportingpreview.com/matches/10110687.php?

WEST BROM v FULHAM
BIG MATCH FACTS AND STATS

Fulham have won none of their last 22 Premier League away matches, but they have drawn the last four in a row.

• West Brom have lost just one of their last seven Premier League matches at the Hawthorns.

• WBA have scored just four goals in eight Premier League games against Fulham.

• The four Premier League games between West Brom and Fulham at the Hawthorns have produced a total of just four goals.

• Fulham have drawn six of their eight league games this season.

• WBA have not dropped any points from a leading position this season.

• Six of West Brom's 11 league goals this season have come in the 15 minutes after half-time.

• This will be the 75th time West Brom and Fulham have met. West Brom lead by 35 wins to 24, with 15 draws.

• Fulham have fared well against the Baggies in recent years, losing just one of their last seven meetings.

• West Brom have made their best-ever start to a Premier League season after eight matches.

• The Baggies are unbeaten at home, winning three and drawing two in all competitions this season.

• Their last nine goals have all come in the second half of matches.

• James Morrison and Jerome Thomas are both set to make their 150th English league appearances.

• Fulham suffered their first defeat of the season last week, losing 2-1 at home to Spurs.

• Mark Hughes' side have drawn all four away games in the league this season.

• You have to go back to the opening day of last season to find Fulham's last away win - 1-0 at Portsmouth. That's 22 away matches without a win.

• Fulham had more points at this stage last season, despite losing four of their first six games.

WhiteJC

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Brom-v-Fulham-preview-Chris-Brunt-reveals-that-Johnathan-Greening-was-usually-on-the-receiving-end-of-practical-jokes-when-he-was-Baggies-captain-article610667.html

Greening at the Brunt of all jokes on his Baggies homecoming

West Brom star Chris Brunt has teased Fulham's Jonathan Greening over his IQ and shooting skills.

The popular ex-Baggies captain quit the Hawthorns last summer for Fulham.

But Greening is due back at his old club today, where he scored just eight goals in 224 games.

Shaggy-haired Greening, 31, is braced for plenty of stick from his old team-mates, who ridicule the midfielder's look, intellect and goal-scoring ability.

Winger Brunt, 25, said: "Jono was usually on the receiving end of practical jokes as he was an easy target.

"I texted him recently, saying I'd seen a tramp on the street who looked just like him.

"He had loads of other nicknames, like Jesus and jigsaw – because he goes to pieces in the box.

"He got loads of goals in training, but couldn't score on a Saturday.

"People often come back to their old clubs and do well. But it will be strange if he crosses the halfway line and I won't put money on him to score first."

Promoted Albion are this season's surprise package. They are sixth in the Premier League, with 12 points from eight games, having won at Arsenal and drawn at Manchester United.

Brunt added: "We have a fit bunch of lads who keep going until the end.

"We deserved our results against Arsenal and United. But the natural response is the big clubs haven't played well, rather than saying we did well."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Brom-v-Fulham-preview-Chris-Brunt-reveals-that-Johnathan-Greening-was-usually-on-the-receiving-end-of-practical-jokes-when-he-was-Baggies-captain-article610667.html#ixzz13AEvMyAe