Main Menu

Felt sorry for Christie

Started by F(f)CUK, February 10, 2019, 03:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Quote from: davew on February 10, 2019, 06:51:12 PM
Quote from: bobbo on February 10, 2019, 06:20:21 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on February 10, 2019, 05:02:33 PM
Christie did well v Brighton, attacking up the right - played a big role.

Feel sorry for him, all the he abuse gets.
are you kidding dave - he was possibly our worst player that game. I hate to vehemently critisise players but whilst opinion has it , he's a nice lad his level is way below prem and it showed so much that evening.
Think you mean Ray, not me?? I didn't refer to any game (lol).
sorry dave I wrote Ray first and changed it. Apologies mate. Probably an age thing for me.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2019, 07:00:43 PM

are you kidding dave - he was possibly our worst player that game. I hate to vehemently critisise players but whilst opinion has it , he's a nice lad his level is way below prem and it showed so much that evening.
classic woolly , I think I'm losing the plot.

I think Bobbo had a moment of mistaken identity because you Dave and Ray look very much alike, especially when there is no moon, or an eclipse of the sun.
Easy mistake to make.
I often get mistaken with Mince & Tatties as we both have identical Garden Sheds.

bobbo

Best I pipe down for a day or two

Dodger53

I was booing the decision and Christie!

davew

Quote from: bobbo on February 10, 2019, 07:42:09 PM
Best I pipe down for a day or two
LOL, apology accepted as I can associate with making mistakes caused by an age thing and before Woolly or Mince (or others) comment, yes also influenced by being under the influence. Have a good day!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RaySmith

Quote from: bobbo on February 10, 2019, 07:38:28 PM

sorry dave I wrote Ray first and changed it. Apologies mate. Probably an age thing for me.

Hi Bobbo -he was involved in so many of our attacks in the second half, down the right - played a big role in our victory.

I was in line with him where I stood in the Hammy End, and he was constantly running at their defence down the right wing, and causing them problems, crossing and passing into the box.

toshes mate

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 10, 2019, 03:56:57 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 10, 2019, 03:21:11 PM
I could not understand the substitution and felt Sessegnon should have been on. However, the booing was a little sad. It was a clear message to Ranieri. Having said that I felt that Christie showed little interest in defending.

Was it not mentioned yesterday that Ranieri even interpreted the booing incorrectly. It went along the lines of the crowd, the fans, not being happy about Schurle being dragged off as opposed to the why,what,who,why angst towards his choices.
An important point not just about the booing but also about the ego failing to register that dissent may be directed at it rather than the activity it is pursuing at any given time.  Unfortunately that means you have to point at or name the object you are booing for it to have any effect at all.  A chant of 'x out', whoever 'x' may be, may seem banal and childish even but it is a necessity in the face of the ego.  A large number of letters to Motspur Park telling or asking the offender(s) to get out seems equally banal but it is often the only message that will get through.  Social media is not my weapon of choice because it is infested with silly people and the reductive standards of the classroom.  A boycott of the offenders is also a possibility but seems to be pretty pointless since most of the money in the business doesn't come from the live attendee these days.  Some would say it is the day where the pantomime villain simply turns on the offensive and says 'Go To Hell and take your friends with you' over and over again at the audience until they get the message.     

Twig

Christie gets a lot of stick on this forum but I think its hard to judge him objectively when he gets so very little help from the lazy, gutless so and so in front of him. Never tracks back, always pulls out of a tackle.

elgreenio

quite enjoyed him having a pop at Babel (I think it was Babel) "don't give up" on Saturday.

I do feel sorry for him as he's not quite got the natural talent of some, but i'm sure that there have been plenty of PL defenders who have got by from being in a well worked and disciplined system (Danny Simpson, Premier League winner for example).
touch my camera through the fence

Twig

Quote from: elgreenio on February 11, 2019, 03:25:29 PM
quite enjoyed him having a pop at Babel (I think it was Babel) "don't give up" on Saturday.

I do feel sorry for him as he's not quite got the natural talent of some, but i'm sure that there have been plenty of PL defenders who have got by from being in a well worked and disciplined system (Danny Simpson, Premier League winner for example).

I agree. Our very own John Pantsil springs to mind.