watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Major managerial mismatches.

Started by colinwhite, February 10, 2019, 09:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

The pattern of complete buffoonery in recruitment can't be anything like as obvious as you claim.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Arthur on February 10, 2019, 06:33:59 PM
The pattern of complete buffoonery in recruitment can't be anything like as obvious as you claim.

I was actually being very kind and forgiving to only describing it as Buffoonary.
There are far more stronger adjectives to describe.
I was being merciful and gentle, to not make the targets of my frustration feel bad about themselves.
Perhaps I should be more unforgiving in future, but its not really in my nature.
In reality I am a Gentleman and a Gentle Man, and a Genitalman.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2019, 06:48:15 PM
I was actually being very kind and forgiving to only describing it as Buffoonary.

Whether or not you're being kind, your prediction, back then, proves that you have only come to the opinion that our recruitment last summer was 'buffoonery' with the benefit of hindsight. I'm sure all of us, both on here and within the Club - including T.K. himself, I would wager - would like go back to the day after the Wembley final and have us recruit differently to how we did. Because we can all notice our mistakes once we've seen the consequences.

You, however, seek to give the impression that our transfer business last summer was easily recognisable as being flawed at the time. Based on your '8th place' finish, this is clearly an unjust criticism. And even though you now know that it is (if you didn't already before), I fully expect to see you continuing to peddle this fallacy.

colinwhite

Unfortunately none of us saw it coming. When it came to the appointment  of Ranieri however,I tried to convince myself that we did the right thing ,but couldnt help thinking  about Roy at liverpool and Moyes at United ,and like them Ranieri was probably one of the least suitable managers we could have found . Five at the back and so little play out from the back as possible couldnt be much farther removed from the previous managers philosophy,employing a type of football that won over just about all our fans.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Arthur on February 10, 2019, 07:26:15 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2019, 06:48:15 PM

Whether or not you're being kind, your prediction, back then, proves that you have only come to the opinion that our recruitment last summer was 'buffoonery' with the benefit of hindsight. I'm sure all of us, both on here and within the Club - including T.K. himself, I would wager - would like go back to the day after the Wembley final and have us recruit differently to how we did. Because we can all notice our mistakes once we've seen the consequences.

You, however, seek to give the impression that our transfer business last summer was easily recognisable as being flawed at the time. Based on your '8th place' finish, this is clearly an unjust criticism. And even though you now know that it is (if you didn't already before), I fully expect to see you continuing to peddle this fallacy.

Nurse Nurse quick he's out of bed again.
Look let me make it easy for you to understand. Just because you have put your head in the oven, does not mean I have to.
Because I think you are getting me confused with someone else.
It was actually Colonel Mustard with the Lead Pipe in the Study.
He is the one you need to talk to.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong.  You are obviously a WUM so I cannot take you seriously.
But when you say we, who is we, I did not recruit any players, Fulham did the recruitment. Try and peddle your slander elsewhere. 
However, I have to respond to your unjustifiable accusations, which is only your own opinion, and if you don't like my opinion, then that for you is most unfortunate, and it is not unjust it's a fact that I possess the hindsight vision and foresight that you and the Crack Recruitment Unit led by your hero do not, and there are plenty of supporters who also share the same biblical foresight, vision and hindsight as I do, it's not rocket science.
But sadly you unfortunately do not, but I will refrain from holding that against you.
Have you seen that advert on TV when that bloke says in an interview that on the way to Aylesbury he said "a horse ran into the road in front of him wearing a pink dress quickly followed by a Tin Man". Well no offence but that bloke reminds me of you.
All I will say is, the more you target and attack me Arthur with utter nonsense, the more I will come back at you, it's in my DNA.
So keep supporting whoever you wish, and I shall do likewise.
Over to you.

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on February 10, 2019, 08:09:44 PM
Unfortunately none of us saw it coming. When it came to the appointment  of Ranieri however,I tried to convince myself that we did the right thing ,but couldnt help thinking  about Roy at liverpool and Moyes at United ,and like them Ranieri was probably one of the least suitable managers we could have found . Five at the back and so little play out from the back as possible couldnt be much farther removed from the previous managers philosophy,employing a type of football that won over just about all our fans.

Maybe I am naive but I thought a good, experienced manager would be tactically versatile. And whilst I never saw the post-Joka improvement some on here seemed to, nor thought Ranieri managed the players (Kamara, Sessegnon, Cairney, Mitrovic) very well, I still had faith in his tactical knowledge as a highly experienced Italian manager, until the Brighton game. But for me, we were just so much demonstrably better with a 4-3-3 in the second half of that game, it made his previous persistance with a back 5 look utterly wrong. Then it was criminal to switch back to a back 5 against Palace, and then to start with 4 at the back and revert to 5 when we're 2-0 down against Man Utd just took the pi&&, so I've now lost all faith in him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Arthur on February 10, 2019, 06:28:21 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2019, 10:20:23 AM
Because my biggest concern is that the Khans never seem to learn, even the bleeding obvious. There is a pattern especially in recruitment which has been complete buffoonery of the highest order.

The day after the transfer window closed in the summer, there was a poll which asked where, in the League table, those on here thought we would end the season. You, I believe, predicted 8th.

Cobblers, I never said anything of the kind, have you Independent witnesses and CCTV footage. It's that dam glue you have been sniffing, disturbs the balance of your mind.
Tell me does this rag I am holding smell of Chloroform to you ?

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on February 10, 2019, 08:53:10 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 10, 2019, 08:09:44 PM

Maybe I am naive but I thought a good, experienced manager would be tactically versatile. And whilst I never saw the post-Joka improvement some on here seemed to, nor thought Ranieri managed the players (Kamara, Sessegnon, Cairney, Mitrovic) very well, I still had faith in his tactical knowledge as a highly experienced Italian manager, until the Brighton game. But for me, we were just so much demonstrably better with a 4-3-3 in the second half of that game, it made his previous persistance with a back 5 look utterly wrong. Then it was criminal to switch back to a back 5 against Palace, and then to start with 4 at the back and revert to 5 when we're 2-0 down against Man Utd just took the pi&&, so I've now lost all faith in him.

Well said, I have to agree this is where I'm at as well. I expected tactical improvements and adjustments, but I did not expect the controversy of his player management. That shouts disconnect to me.

The 4-3-3 was one of the better formations we have used under him, and it has very little gametime. It was first used in the last 12 minutes away to Burnley, then again used at home in the 4-2 win against Brighton. Both times used, both times threatening on all fronts. Suffocating the top of the opponent's box and ensuring we could keep recycling the attack, that is what made us so deadly last year.

I think Ranieri has established the defending in numbers mentality for us, but enough is enough - we get it, it's time he moves on, or we move on without him.

snarks

The thing is, we've recruited for SJ's 4-3-3 line up. CR is trying to turn it in to a 5-4-1 and it doesn't work. Mitro is being starved of the ball and feeding on scraps, TC and Sess are peripheral at best. Playing a Left footed CB at RCB because he didn't want to play S Sess is the height of stupidity, it is clear that Christie wasn't fully fit (otherwise why not start him) so instead of keeping with his 5, he plays Denis at RB,  in a 4-4-2.

Still we can analyse or spout opinions until we are blue in the face, any change has to come from the top.

colinwhite

A trainer can make a player look better or worse depending on how the team plays and whether or not the task  given to him suits him

Two Ton Ted

Going back to the rather excellent original post, I concur pretty much completely, but the big issue this season is not the difference of style between Jokanovic and Ranieri, but the fact they have been presented with a completely unbalanced squad who are not good enough to compete in the top flight.

Jokanovic went style over pragmatism and that lost him his job, Ranieri is trying to impose a more defensive set up over style and as the squad has so little defensive quality that will probably cost him his job and the club their Premier League placing.

There's only one villain here, and he's not likely to lose his job any time soon.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

colinwhite