watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Bluebirds flying

Started by bog, February 09, 2019, 05:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I still don't like Colin but compare his player's work ethic to that of ours under our er em er boss.  :031:

092.gif

Mince n Tatties

Wouldn't want him here,but he isn't a fool as a lot make out.
If he keeps that lot of Also rans up he deserves Manager of the season.

Spirit of 2000

Battling qualities and passion... two things utterly missing from Fulham. All done on a fraction of the budget compared to our horribly ill conceived £105 million outlay.

Sgt Fulham

Absolutely embarrassing if they manage to stay up and we don't. Goes to show two things: we now have a lot of egg on our face, and the standard of the Premier League is the lowest it had been for a long while. Honestly staying up should have been a walk in the park this season. So many poor teams deserving of relegation, especially us!

Robbie

Well, no one at FFC wanted Warnock or any other British manager ..... no solid home grown fighting defenders .... no hoofing the ball up the field to big men at the front.

To me (and I have said this many times) ... trying to outplay the Top 10-12 PL sides .... at their own style .... was never going to work !

Taunton Blue Genie

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 09, 2019, 07:43:18 PM
Absolutely embarrassing if they manage to stay up and we don't. Goes to show two things: we now have a lot of egg on our face, and the standard of the Premier League is the lowest it had been for a long while. Honestly staying up should have been a walk in the park this season. So many poor teams deserving of relegation, especially us!
It's true that the Cardiff team have limited footballing abilities but, my word, the Bluebirds have enormous hearts and leave nothing on the pitch.
It's a wee bit patronising to keep consideing them as highly inferior to Fulham as we finished above you last season too.
Good, passing football is all well and good but so is sheer effort.
We may very well still get relegated but at least we know that our players, (some of whom were bought on a shoestring, picked up when they were unemployed or signed cheaply as they were injured), give their all.
Warnock was brought to Cardiff to get us out of the relegation zone as a drop to League One was posdible - and the unity he has brought to what had beclme a toxic atmosphere is terrific.
The recent tragedy, which has made our odds of survival in the Premier League even less likely, has galvanished the club and fanbase even more.
I think we will remain united even if relegated.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Taunton Blue Genie on February 11, 2019, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 09, 2019, 07:43:18 PM
It's true that the Cardiff team have limited footballing abilities but, my word, the Bluebirds have enormous hearts and leave nothing on the pitch.
It's a wee bit patronising to keep consideing them as highly inferior to Fulham as we finished above you last season too.
Good, passing football is all well and good but so is sheer effort.
We may very well still get relegated but at least we know that our players, (some of whom were bought on a shoestring, picked up when they were unemployed or signed cheaply as they were injured), give their all.
Warnock was brought to Cardiff to get us out of the relegation zone as a drop to League One was posdible - and the unity he has brought to what had beclme a toxic atmosphere is terrific.
The recent tragedy, which has made our odds of survival in the Premier League even less likely, has galvanished the club and fanbase even more.
I think we will remain united even if relegated.

The reason we considered ourselves highly superior was the fact that after our poor start (due to injuries/incomplete squad) we romped the league, smashing you at your place in the process. Your style isn't for the purists whereas ours may have been. It was very enjoyable while it lasted. However I no longer consider us at all superior. A mix of awful decisions on, but especially off the pitch has turned something sweet into something very sour. Our style didn't translate as our recruitment was pants, almost entirely ignoring our already weak defence. In essence we tried to run before we could walk.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you certainly have a chance. It pains me to say, but no doubt you have 3 points waiting for you on a platter at Craven Cottage.

filham

Quote from: Robbie on February 09, 2019, 08:16:42 PM
Well, no one at FFC wanted Warnock or any other British manager ..... no solid home grown fighting defenders .... no hoofing the ball up the field to big men at the front.

To me (and I have said this many times) ... trying to outplay the Top 10-12 PL sides .... at their own style .... was never going to work !
I too thought that in the premier league we would be overrun if we tried the Jokanovic football against teams with better ball players than us, it also turned out that we did not have the physical strength and defensive qualities to match the lower teams, we got it so wrong.

Statto

Why did we have to outplay the top 10-12 PL sides? Were we trying to win the league? To me the goal this season was staying up, which generally requires about 9 wins and a handful of draws. So if we could outplay the bottom 4/5 sides and match the next few above that, we'd have been fine. Even looking at the table now, if we'd have just beaten Cardiff and Huddersfield we'd be outside the relegation zone. 

Also any club with long-term aspirations to finish in the top 12 has to change it's style to that passing game sooner or later anyway.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2019, 10:19:10 AM
Why did we have to outplay the top 10-12 PL sides? Were we trying to win the league? To me the goal this season was staying up, which generally requires about 9 wins and a handful of draws. So if we could outplay the bottom 4/5 sides and match the next few above that, we'd have been fine. Even looking at the table now, if we'd have just beaten Cardiff and Huddersfield we'd be outside the relegation zone. 

Also any club with long-term aspirations to finish in the top 12 has to change it's style to that passing game sooner or later anyway.
Sensible stuff, Statto, but lost on those who want to run before they can walk.

hovewhite

Nothing wrong with the Cardiff model if it keeps them up and will be interesting seeing if we beat them at the cottage.

Bluebird23

If you'd beaten Cardiff and Huddersfield, you still wouldn't be out of the bottom three.

Southampton 24
Fulham 23
Cardiff 22
Huddersfield 8

Time for a name change Statto?  :dft012:

Statto

Quote from: Bluebird23 on February 13, 2019, 01:57:18 PM

If you'd beaten Cardiff and Huddersfield, you still wouldn't be out of the bottom three.

Southampton 24
Fulham 23
Cardiff 22
Huddersfield 8

Corrected by a Cardiff fan, the humiliation. What can I say mate, down here we all earn so much money we lose count of it whilst I suppose you lot are still counting sheep each morning to check whether the foxes have had one of them. We could also use your help this time next year to tell me how many points we are above you and Colin once you're back where you belong in the bottom half of the Championship.

Bluebird23

Quote from: Statto on February 13, 2019, 02:06:38 PM
Quote from: Bluebird23 on February 13, 2019, 01:57:18 PM

Southampton 24
Fulham 23
Cardiff 22
Huddersfield 8

Corrected by a Cardiff fan, the humiliation. What can I say mate, down here we all earn so much money we lose count of it whilst I suppose you lot are still counting sheep each morning to check whether the foxes have had one of them. We could also use your help this time next year to tell me how many points we are above you and Colin once you're back where you belong in the bottom half of the Championship.

Don't give up the day job for the comedy circuit just yet, Statto.

Your material is even worse than your arithmetic.

Woolly Mammoth

I am afraid we cannot criticise or look down at any club, and team any other clubs manager or their players, or predict what we may do or not do on another day against another team. We have under performed on and off the pitch since the beginning of the season. It would be interesting to see what our highest position in the Division has been since the first goal we conceded, that surely has to be depressing, and that coupled with enough embarrassing performances to sink a ship.
I prefer we keep our heads down and hope that the team can find some fighting spirit and at least go down with some semblance of pride to give us something to build on. Instead of the embarrassment of seeing more or less every team we play, high flying or otherwise picking us off with the ease of a ballet dancer.
Because of that we are in no position to moralise over any other club in this or any other Division.
Because if we cannot save ourselves by fighting to the last man, and the evidence so far shows we do not have the ammunition.
Then let's at least go down with some form of dignity and credibility still attached.
Because maybe and just maybe, sometimes the way a team finishes one season, could have a lot of bearing on how they bounce back and commence the following season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2019, 02:53:44 AM
I am afraid we cannot criticise or look down at any club, and team any other clubs manager or their players, or predict what we may do or not do on another day against another team. We have under performed on and off the pitch since the beginning of the season. It would be interesting to see what our highest position in the Division has been since the first goal we conceded, that surely has to be depressing, and that coupled with enough embarrassing performances to sink a ship.
I prefer we keep our heads down and hope that the team can find some fighting spirit and at least go down with some semblance of pride to give us something to build on. Instead of the embarrassment of seeing more or less every team we play, high flying or otherwise picking us off with the ease of a ballet dancer.
Because of that we are in no position to moralise over any other club in this or any other Division.
Because if we cannot save ourselves by fighting to the last man, and the evidence so far shows we do not have the ammunition.
Then let's at least go down with some form of dignity and credibility still attached.
Because maybe and just maybe, sometimes the way a team finishes one season, could have a lot of bearing on how they bounce back and commence the following season.

+1