Started by Dodgin, February 11, 2019, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Still in reach after last minute Wolves equaliser

Fulham76

Quote from: Dodgin on February 11, 2019, 09:56:13 PM

Not within our reach unfortunately.

Newcastle have got plenty of fight still. They've just gone away to one of the better teams in the league & got a good result, only seconds from an excellent result. They beat Man City recently & hammered Cardiff.

We have zero chance of catching them.

Spirit of 2000

Nobody is in reach of us and Huddersfield

Wingnut

Eight points clear of us with Huddersfield and Burnley home up next. They'll finish well clear of the drop zone.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

grandad

Very close with 6 teams fighting for the last spot with us & Huddersfield cast adrift.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bill2

Quote from: grandad on February 12, 2019, 09:35:22 AM
Very close with 6 teams fighting for the last spot with us & Huddersfield cast adrift.
This is without a doubt the most depressing post I have read. I think it is down to the fact it is true.

HV71

Yes very depressing - we are 8 points adrift of them ( effectively 9 points given the goal difference ) . That is 3 wins - looking at the way other teams are playing  - we really are 'doomed'

ex-Pat

Quote from: Dodgin on February 11, 2019, 09:56:13 PM
Nice to dream, give it up it's over.

Pieter A’dam

indeed still hoping for better times this season, against all common sense I guess. Maybe a draw against West Ham, and then I will be at the Southampton game .... Just give us 1 win away this season, please, and have a bit of fun on the road :-) After that March will finally kill my last hope I expect.

fcfulham55

I think we're lucky to have 17 points,  we're not catching anyone it's a case of whether Huddersfield can catch us for 19th.  Place.  Each place is worth money. About 700k last time I checked.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Woolly Mammoth

With 36 points to play for, we need to win 9 more points than both Newcastle and Cardiff can achieve by the end of the season, and that is well beyond anything we can achieve within the current set up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Denver Fulham

Newcastle's schedule is very manageable the rest of the way and they have a very good manager. We're not catching them. The only hope, if there is any, is passing Cardiff and So'ton.

filham

Can't get out of my head the reporter on the Man.U game in the Telegraph last week who wrote a long article on the match and mentioned us only once to say Fulham's resolve was like a digestive biscuit that had been dunked in hot tea.

Sorry, forget what happens in all other games , we are just not up to it and really have not a snowball's chance in hell of avoiding the drop.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 12, 2019, 08:35:04 PM
I think we're lucky to have 17 points,  we're not catching anyone it's a case of whether Huddersfield can catch us for 19th.  Place.  Each place is worth money. About 700k last time I checked.

I don't think we have been lucky at all this season, rather unlucky if anything. Even with our below par play, we could easily have had quite a few more points with a little luck (think Brighton away, Burnley away, Spurs at home, Liverpool, even Arsenal where we could and maybe should have been three up in the first half). Only real lucky result that I can think of at the moment is our home win against Huddersfield when we scored a fluke goal right at the end of a really bad game. Even then it could be argued that we were also unlucky because of the whole penalty fiasco, but maybe should call that stupid rather than unlucky.

I understand that we can't say that we are where we are because of bad luck (because at some point over time the results don't lie), but do you really feel that we have been lucky?