watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Birmingham could have 12 points deducted

Started by The Swan, February 15, 2019, 07:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Birmingham battle to avoid a potential 12 points deduction. They are facing punishment for breaking the English Football League's new rules governing spending on players.

How come QPR got away with breach of rules.

Hopefully if we are relegated we wont fall into this ruling.
The Swan

Nero

Quote from: The Swan on February 15, 2019, 07:45:04 PM
Birmingham battle to avoid a potential 12 points deduction. They are facing punishment for breaking the English Football League's new rules governing spending on players.

probably brought in because of QPR

Fulham Tup North

Pity it is not Newcastle, C.Palace, Southampton and Burnley with maybe Brighton thrown in for good measure. We need all the help we can get!! 😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Statto

Quote from: Nero on February 15, 2019, 08:05:10 PM
Quote from: The Swan on February 15, 2019, 07:45:04 PM

probably brought in because of QPR

The regime has changed since QPR, a couple of years back when the limits increased and they started assessing it over a rolling 3-yr period instead of one season. And I don't think they had the option of deducting points back then (IIRC I had a discussion with someone on here, probably MJG, about it and they pointed this out).

With all that said I still can't see them using a points deduction. QPR got away so so lightly, even in the context of the limited sanctions that were available, for such an egregious breach, I just cannot see the FL suddenly going nuclear.