watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Injury update

Started by RP24, February 14, 2019, 10:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP24

There is an injury update behind the pay wall. I don't have access to this (although think I should with the amount I've paid for my ST).
Can anyone enlighten me to what is says?

RaySmith

From the video interview with the coach/physio, on the site -what I remember - Betts has had a minor knee operation - back in training in six weeks;

the two new signings fit, and will be match fit by the WH game, if the manager wants to play them; Anguissa fit- on the bench last week;

Mawson due a review today, and they're expecting 'good news.'

Barrett487

Not directly from the Offal, but a report on what was said

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-injury-update-alfie-mawson-15832799

Fulham injury update on Alfie Mawson, Havard Nordtveit, Marcus Bettinelli & more
The club have provided an injury update on their injured players during their one-week break from games

Fulham have issued an injury update on their injured players as the squad prepares for the game with West Ham United next week in the Premier League.

The side have a weekend without a game after being knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round to League Two side Oldham Athletic with Claudio Ranieri taking the opportunity to give the side a break after the loss to Manchester United.

Head of Medical and Sports Science, Marco Cesarini, has used the break as an opportunity to provide an update to Fulham FC TV on the current injury status of Marcus Bettinelli, Alfie Mawson, Havard Nordtveit, Lazar Markovic and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa.

Here's the latest on their returns from injury.

Marcus Bettinelli

Bettinelli underwent knee surgery earlier this week to fix a problem he has been suffering from for a few years.

Cesarini says that the keeper underwent minor surgery on the knee and will be in acute management for the next few weeks and will have a review of the injury after four weeks.

Return date: Likely next season.

Lazar Markovic and Harvard Nortdveit

Both of Fulham's new signings have yet to feature in a matchday squad having signed on Deadline Day with question marks over their fitness.

Nordtveit has been managing an injury while Markovic wasn't match fit, having played just six U23 games all season long for Liverpool.

Cesarini has said that Andrea Azzalin, Fulham's Head of Fitness and Physical Performance, has put the pair of players on specific programmes and should be ready to face West Ham next Friday, depending on whether Ranieri selects them for his squad.

Return date: February 22

Alfie Mawson

Mawson injured his knee in the win over Huddersfield Town at the end of 2018 when changing his boots at half time and underwent surgery to fix the problem.

He has been working in the pool and has a review on the injury on Friday where the side will get a batter idea on the length of his timeframe to return to training.

Return date: Pencilled in for May

Statto

If you can't access an "injury update" I suggest just reading a "transfer update". They're largely the same thing these days.

RP24

Cheers everyone much appreciated

ScalleysDad

Did I miss something and is Rodak back?
Now obviously if the long term knee problem that Betts has been carrying "for a few years" has got substantially worse over the last week or so I will stand corrected but flipping heck. Rico is just about doing enough and also,in part, has my sympathy but if he gets injured we will have a similar scenario to Mitrovic being out. After the massive non event of a season Fabri has had sending Betts off for surgery with mixed messages about his return schedule seems illogical. He has been fit enough to be in the squad ahead of Fabri for months and therefore deemed able to do the job when called upon.
As I said if the injury took a turn for the worst I wish him a speedy recovery but if not, and were I paranoid about the Clubs decision making and if I loved a good conspiracy the thought of getting Betts up to scratch to be the No.1 next season would haunt me.

MJG

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 15, 2019, 10:07:59 AM
Now obviously if the long term knee problem that Betts has been carrying "for a few years" has got substantially worse over the last week or so I will stand corrected but flipping heck. Rico is just about doing enough and also,in part, has my sympathy but if he gets injured we will have a similar scenario to Mitrovic being out. After the massive non event of a season Fabri has had sending Betts off for surgery with mixed messages about his return schedule seems illogical. He has been fit enough to be in the squad ahead of Fabri for months and therefore deemed able to do the job when called upon.
As I said if the injury took a turn for the worst I wish him a speedy recovery but if not, and were I paranoid about the Clubs decision making and if I loved a good conspiracy the thought of getting Betts up to scratch to be the No.1 next season would haunt me.
Norman was recalled to cover Betts
Just the views of a long term fan

ScalleysDad

Quote from: MJG on February 15, 2019, 10:21:56 AM

Okay thanks missed that one. Good job I'm not a keeper.

filham

I have already written Betts name on the team sheet for next season, alongside Christie, Odoi, Ream, Mawson, and Bryan. Who the others will be I can't even make a good guess.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: filham on February 15, 2019, 11:46:20 AM
I have already written Betts name on the team sheet for next season, alongside Christie, Odoi, Ream, Mawson, and Bryan. Who the others will be I can't even make a good guess.

Feeding the conspiracy when there isn't one I do wonder about Mawson. He will late getting back into the team and he has not had much opportunity to increase his standing as a good player once on the fringes of the England set up. However I just wonder if that factor alone will tempt somebody into making an offer as defenders seem to be rarer than rocking horse droppings. Ryan Sess is another key player. His reputation will be similar to Mawsons in that it is largely based on past doings. Ranieri has pushed him to the side and the big, big money touted pre season might not be there now unless again the potential and past reputation is enough for any suitor. Kmac could have gone but didn't. If he is still here in the summer I suppose he might end up as a starter. Blimey what a mess we are in even six months before we start all over again.

filham

Questions have to be asked about the signing of Mawson, he was recovering from an injury when he arrived and now looks like finishing the season having played only13 premier league games. Are Stats now overriding medical reports.
I bet after an injury hit season with us no other club will be will want to invest in him for next season.