News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At what stage to you admit enough is enough?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, February 17, 2019, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

The club threw the towel in long before the end of the January Window, and the Herbert's who got us into this mess have all retreated behind their sound proof doors.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: colinwhite on February 17, 2019, 01:07:02 PM
We arent down until we are down, and all the `realists` that dont seem to get that ,dont understand the psychology of doing anything else . The day we accept we are down creates a slippery slope for next time. After christmas last season the realists were claiming we were out of it and could even go down . Football isnt always logical and a requirement is that you keep on fighting whatever the situation ,whatever the score. People who understand the game know THAT to be the only  logic that matters. Our situation isnt good but we are not down and can still  turn it around.
No offense but its a good job you arent running the club ,sorry.
Back last season I sent a personal message to Jokanovic saying we would win promotion in 2018.  I don't know if he received it let alone read it but I sent it after the Brentford debacle when some people were calling for his head. I still saw the signs in that game of the magic you require to produce a consistent Championship winning run.  I was wrong in that I meant automatic promotion and thought Jokanovic has misjudged the Birmingham game.  This season I thought the Liverpool game was the only occasion the team has played with the flair necessary to get something out of this season.  Ranieri, even at his best, has not achieved anything remotely similar to that game and most of it has been patently worse than Jokanovic at his worse.  That is my view of Fulham this season.  It isn't about reality versus fantasy it is about what you see beyond the game and the result.  If we can produce something similar to Anfield at the London Stadium then Ranieri will have my attention once again but I fear it is already too late for the revival needed to make us safe.  I still look for those magic signs every game but they haven't been there.

I'll still be hoping until it is mathematically impossible for us to survive but I'd far rather Jokanovic was still in charge at this stage providing that glimpse of whatever it is he only could conjure up with this team. 

HV71

colinwhite

Toshes mate Im not disagreeing with you. I'm simply stating that the reality is that we are not down yet . That we know. The rest is down to speculation.I hold out no greater hope of us staying up than others and have never believed that Ranieri was the right man for us in this situation.Nonetheless the `cut our losses now and plan for later ìs not an option for a football club. Where do draw the line next time on that slippery slope of just being realistic?. Football never follows logic and that is one of its true fascinations.

hovewhite