watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Tony Foulds

Started by bog, February 22, 2019, 09:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

It's not football but did anyone see the BBC news this morning? Tony Foulds, an ordinary bloke from Sheffield, who has brought about a phenomenal commemoration day for an American flight crew who all died in a crash there in a park 75 years ago. Very emotional.  All came about after the BBC's Dan Walker bumped into Mr Faulds one day walking his dog as Mr Faulds tended the War Memorial. He had done so virtually everyday ever since the fateful crash. Phenomenal. 

092.gif 

SP

Actually reduced me to tears, brilliant story.  Nice to have something positive in the news.

filham

BBC Breakfast have been building up to today's event for some weeks. A great storey, well handled by the BBC.

Fulham1959

Great stuff !

Well done Tony, well done Dan, well done the BBC and all those who contributed to today's event.

Tears . . yes !

Twig

I remember the Beeb's initial coverage of this story before a fly past had been agreed. i imagine that the publicity from that story was instrumental in getting agreement to the much deserved fly past. Well done to all involved.

SP

Unless I misheard, I think they said 34 planes came down that day, a sobering thought.

f321ffc

All this from Dan taking a few seconds whilst walking his dog to ask an old fella if he was Ok, what we saw today was brilliant, fair play to Dan and what a great bloke Tony is.
Just goes to show a little kindness goes such a long way, long may Tony be able to tend that memorial.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional