more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why has Ryan Sessegnon not been good enough for the Premier League

Started by charliejones141, February 21, 2019, 05:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 22, 2019, 09:32:07 AM
The Article seem to completely miss the fact that Sess has missed quite a few sitters this season, which was not the case last season (which was also pointed out by other posters). Thus, he is getting chances even in one of the weakest teams in the PL. Would he be better in a better team? Yes, of course he would (as would anyone). Also, regardless of what the Article claims, Sess is not a one trick pony that is only on the field to score goals. He can assist, help out defensively, stretch defenses with timely runs and is generally very good at keeping possession by keeping it simple (which is not a common characteristic for an 18 year old, one might add).

For me to be able to take an article like this seriously, it would have helped if hyperbole such as "flopped tremendously" had been avoided. Maybe some people had the misguided belief that Sess was expected to score 15 goals as an 18 year old making his debut in the PL, but the fact that it didn't happen (unless he goes on an unrivaled scoring spree) does not mean that he is a flop. Given how the season has been for the team, I would say his general play has been just about what should have been expected (and the lack of goals is a bit disappointing).

In my opinion, over the course of the season Sess is one of a few players that have at least fairly often showed that he has what it takes to compete in this league.

Completely agree with all of that

The Rational Fan

I think its good that Sessegnon has not played a full 90 minutes since his injury, give him a chance to recover and end the season well.

jarv

I think he IS good enough. All he needs is playing time and a couple of goals for him to take off again. He has genuine pace which Fulham does not have a lot of.  OK he was never going to repeat last season at his first attempt but given time and with Cairney in the team he could well be on his way up. A bit too late now I fear.

Also, he played a few games at left back this season. Not his best or natural position imo. He needs to play and to be played to his strengths.