watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (22/02/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 22, 2019, 07:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

'I love this club' - Claudio Ranieri wants to stay at Fulham even if the club is relegated

The Italian is starting to come under pressure from the fanbase

Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri has said he would be happy to stay at Craven Cottage even if the club is relegated at the end of the season.

The Italian joined the Whites in November on a 'multi-year' deal in the hope of inspiring Premier League survival and despite improving his side's form, Fulham remain 19th and eight points from safety.

The former Leicester City manager has won 12 points from 14 matches and pressure is mounting from fans who booed substitutions and chanted 'you don't know what you're doing' in the defeat to Manchester United.

Shahid Khan described Ranieri as a 'risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League' when he succeeded Slavisa Jokanovic but the Roman has outlined his credentials to compete in the second tier too.

He said: "Look this question was a long time ago and I said if the chairman is happy, I am happy to stay. I used to work also in the Championship. I won the Championship in Italy, in France. I am ready to fight with the club, I love this club because it is a very, very good club.

"I am here if the owner wants me, I am ready."

That is not to say Ranieri has written off the season, the 67-year-old remains confident that his squad can pull off an escape that is beginning to look impossible.

The Tinkerman reflected on his two previous 'miracles' at Cagliari and Parma but also believes what he is seeing from his team on the training field is indicative that their fortunes will change.

Ranieri said: "The key is to train very well, to stay together in the bad moments. This team is the same, they work very well, they stay together. There is a very good atmosphere.

"If we continue in this way, we have to change. I believe this. As a manager I have experience. If your players train every time with very good intensity and very good mentality.

"It's important for me because I have to motivate them. But who motivates the motivator? The players and the fans. Together, we try to do the best."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-claudio-ranieri-west-ham-15870420

WhiteJC

Fulham team news: duo could be set to make their debuts during West Ham game

Relegation threatened Fulham take on West Ham in the Premier League on Friday night. Claudio Ranieri's side enter the game on the back of poor form as they have lost five out of their last six games in all competitions.

While Fulham are struggling, this game could offer them an opportunity to claim points. The Hammers have also been struggling for form since key-man Marko Arnautovic was linked with a move to China and have not won during their past five League and Cup games.

The last time that the two sides met in the League came in December and West Ham were 2-0 winners away from home. Should Manuel Pellegrini's side win on Friday, they would have completed a League double over their opponents for the first time since the 2008-09 season.

Fulham's January signings Lazar Markovic and Havard Nordtveit are in contention to make their debuts for the club, according to BBC.

The former joined the Cottagers on a permanent deal from Liverpool while the latter has joined the club on loan from German outfit Hoffenheim. Both players were struggling for fitness when they arrived at the club two weeks ago, hence they are only set to make their debuts at this point in time.

Timothy Fosu-Mensah will be available after having had to miss the game against his parent club Manchester United. As things stand, Alfie Mawson is the only player who is ruled out for Fulham.

Meanwhile, West Ham could be set to welcome back Manuel Lanzini. The midfielder has not played a minute of football this season after having suffered a serious injury last summer while training with the Argentina side ahead of the 2018 World Cup.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/fulham-team-news-duo-could-be-set-to-make-their-debuts-during-west-ham-game/

WhiteJC

'I was blanking calls from home. I'd rather watch Jeremy Kyle than talk to people'

SHAMROCK ROVERS defender Sean Kavanagh has opened up on the misery of his final days at Fulham.

The Dubliner returned home to the League of Ireland this time last year, agreeing a settlement with the Craven Cottage club for the remainder of his contract.

He had broken through to the Fulham side aged 20 in 2014 and made 21 league appearances for the club.

But the left back was frozen out after a number of changes in management and fruitless loan spells with Mansfield and Hartlepool.

In an open interview on the new LOI Weekly, Kavanagh admitted that his mental health suffered towards the end of his time with the Londoners as he found himself training away from the rest of the first team and then spending his afternoons on his own at home.

"I was nearly at breaking point," said Kavanagh, "I was training with the U21s who weren't even 21. They were probably 18, 19 and I'm 23. I was going home by myself with nothing to do and I just thought I need to get away from this. It's bad for your mental health. I just decided to come home.

"I'm sort of a weird one. When I'm actually feeling bad, I don't talk to anyone. It shouldn't be that way. I was blanking people. I would have phonecalls every ten minutes from my ma or my girlfriend or whatever and I was at home.

"I'd rather watch Jeremy Kyle than talk to them on the phone. My boy (his son Freddy who was back in Dublin) was the only one that I wanted to talk to."

Kavanagh admitted that he didn't tell anyone at Fulham that he was struggling with his situation.

"You put up a front when you go in," he continued. "You're in a changing room with, what, 20 lads?

"You can't go in and be down. Can you tell 20 lads, I don't feel great mentally here? I don't know. You probably have to put up a front and say I feel great, I look great, I'm playing great but at the end of the day I wasn't. Like I said, I wasn't even training with the first team.

"As soon as I got home and trained with Rovers and started playing, it's probably the most enjoyable time I've had in football. I found a big part of that was being around my family. I was able to go over to my grandad and have a cup of tea with him. It's the little things like that which I didn't do for five or six years."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/i-was-blanking-calls-from-home-id-rather-watch-jeremy-kyle-than-talk-to-people-37842747.html

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham could replace Claudio Ranieri with Victor Sanchez

Ranieri appears to be in danger of the sack at Fulham, with the Premier League strugglers allegedly considering former Deportivo and Real Betis boss Sanchez.

Claudio Ranieri could lose his job at Fulham after just 15 games in charge of the Premier League strugglers, according to AS.

The veteran Italian was appointed in November to replace Slavisa Jokanovic in the hope that he could pull off another footballing miracle, having famously guided Leicester City to the title in 2016.

But Ranieri has lost nine of his 15 games so far, winning just three of those, with The Cottagers now eight points adrift of safety and looking doomed.

As a result, AS reports that the former Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan boss could pay with his job as Fulham consider making one last roll of the dice with their Premier League survival on the line.

It is understood that Ranieri could be replaced by Victor Sanchez del Amo, who is the number one candidate as it stands.

At 42, Sanchez is 25 years younger than his potential predecessor and his short-lived managerial career has hardly been a roaring success so far.

The former Real Madrid midfielder won just ten games out of 50 at Deportivo la Coruna and lasted a grand total of two months at Olympiakos. Sanchez has not been seen in football since an ill-fated spell at Real Betis, which came to an end in May 2017.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/22/do-report-fulham-could-replace-claudio-ranieri-with-victor-sanch/

WhiteJC

Tonight It's Time To Get Mission Premier League Survival Started

Tonight, Fulham make the short trek from West to East London to take on West Ham United.

In our current precarious position, whereby we're staring relegation full in the face unless we can, somehow, dramatically find a turnaround in form, we just have to get some kind of result at the London Stadium.

Every game that passes without three points being gained is another nail in our relegation coffin.

But, the statistics don't augur well for the improbable to happen.

Entering the game Fulham remain the only side in the top-flight who have not won a Premier League game, away from home, this season. The 15 games played have yielded 13 losses and 2 draws, just 2 points accumulated from a possible 45.

Also, Fulham have lost 5 of their 6 previous away games, hardly the sort of form to fill you with confidence.

Ahead of the game, our boss, Claudio Ranieri, has issued a rallying cry, with the Italian, as reported by the BBC, having remarked about the game tonight:

"We have to fight, every match is important in the fight for survival. It is difficult because they have very good players.

"West Ham are safe and for us it is important to show our strength and I want to see my players make their destiny."

COYW's, give us that first away win to give us hope and cheer for the future!

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/tonight-its-time-to-get-mission-premier-league-survival-started/

WhiteJC

Fulham and Southampton have scouted young centre-back 'several times'

Premier League clubs never sleep when it comes to trying to find the next best thing in world football, and France tends to be a good place to start.

According to Foot Mercato in France, Fulham and Southampton have taken an interest in Saint-Etienne's Jordan Halaimia, a young centre-back slowly making a name for himself with their U19s.

The 18-year-old, who stands at around 6'2", is currently on a youth contract with the Ligue 1 side and tied there until 2020.

The French website state both the Cottagers and the Saints have scouted Halaimia 'several times' already, but convincing him to move to Craven Cottage or St Mary's might prove difficult.

They go on to explain that, for the time being, the centre-back has no desire to leave his club as he 'waits for a sign' regarding them offering him his first professional contract.

It seems it's a 'look but don't touch' situation for both Fulham and Southampton for the time being, who are joined by Braga and Sampdoria in their scouting endeavours.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-southampton-scouted-young-centre-back-several-times/

WhiteJC

West Ham v Fulham: In-Form Hammers Host Goal-Shy Cottagers

The Premier League's first fixture this weekend sees a resurgent West Ham host relegation-threatened Fulham in another intriguing London Derby.

Both sides entered the current campaign off the back of huge summer investments and expectations, yet only the Hammers can claim to be satisfied with their actions since. Whilst the Irons sit in the relative comfort of 10th place, Fulham sits in the relegation zone.

Despite the eye-watering sums paid for the likes of Alfie Mawson and Jean-Michael Seri, the Cottagers haven't received an adequate return from their players. A dreadful run of form sees them lie in 19th, having sacked the previous coach Slavisa Jokanovic and replaced him with former Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri. In what should still be an intriguing match-up, both clubs will go hammer and tongs for the 3 points; West Ham to aid their European push, and Fulham to escape the perils of relegation.

As always, there are many intriguing subplots to keep an eye out for. Watch out for the Hammers' Ryan Fredericks, who was integral to Fulham's promotion, as he plays his former club. Even more tantalising is the potential debut of Fulham's January signing Havard Nordtveit – who spent an unhappy year at the London Stadium 2 seasons ago.

The last meeting between these sides ended in a comfortable 2-0 win for West Ham. Whilst the hosts will be looking to do the double, Fulham will be hoping for any points from a tough London Derby.

https://thetopflight.com/2019/02/22/west-ham-v-fulham-in-form-hammers-host-goal-shy-cottagers-epl/

WhiteJC

Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri will not resign if relegated to Championship

Sticking around: Claudio Ranieri ( PA )

Claudio Ranieri hopes to stay at Fulham even if they are relegated to the Championship.

The Italian signed a "multi-year contract" in November and today said he would be up for the challenge of leading Fulham back into the top flight, if owner Shahid Khan stuck with him.

Fulham are eight points from safety with 12 games remaining and face West Ham at the London Stadium tonight looking for their first away win of the season to spark their survival bid. Ranieri faces a difficult challenge but the 67-year-old has said he is committed to the club if they go down.

He said: "If the chairman is happy, I am happy to stay. I am used to working in the second division, I won the second division in France. I am ready to fight with the club. I love this club because it is a very good club. I am here, if the owner wants me then I am ready."

Ranieri has failed to inspire an improvement at Fulham and he is coming under some pressure after their 3-0 home defeat to Manchester United two weeks ago.

He was given a public show of support by Khan before that game but the result, in front of a global television audience, will not have gone down well.

Fulham supporters turned on Ranieri with chants of "You don't know what you're doing" and booed him off.

He has called for everyone at Fulham to stick together and has urged his players to take control of their destiny by beating West Ham.

He said: "It is important for us to show our strength. The destiny is there. I want to see my players make their destiny with their hearts.

"We have to stay together to give something good to each other. It is a big challenge but I am confident in my players."

New signings Lazar Markovic and Havard Nordtveit could be involved for Fulham tonight but they are unlikely to start.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/fulham-manager-claudio-ranieri-will-not-resign-if-relegated-to-championship-a4074161.html

WhiteJC

'I hope I'm not proved wrong' – These West Ham fans have been discussing tonight's Fulham clash

West Ham United versus Fulham is nearly here, and many fans have been sharing their thoughts on the game via the KUMB forum ahead of kick-off.

The Hammers have the chance to do the double over our West London rivals after taking a 2-0 win in their backyard in December, but the Cottagers will arrive at the London Stadium seeking revenge and three crucial points.

Claudio Ranieri's side have only been able to clinch all three points once in their past six league games, and fell victim to Oldham in the FA Cup in the same run, meaning their hopes of survival could hinge on getting something on Friday night.

With little chance of moving towards the European places, and relegation a distant concern, the match from our perspective carries slightly less importance concerning the league than it will for Fulham, meaning bragging rights will be the most important outcome.

Although, while some are brimming with confidence, not every supporter is sharing their belief that we can deal a drubbing at the London Stadium and leave the Craven Cottage outfit eight points from safety having played a game more come full time...

"Scrappy 1-0's are for relegation battles. We're comfortably mid table, so the rest of the season is about entertainment rather than 1-0s imo" – Briggsy (Feb 21, 1:09pm)

"If players are back fit as suggested we would have an embarrassment of attacking riches to choose from on the bench." – Crouchend_Hammer (Feb 21, 2:17pm)

"3-0 would be absolutely brilliant. I really hope Arnie can score. If he doesn't, at least we still have Antonio. Fulham look poised to go down so I'll go with Antonio, Felipe, and a Noble penalty." – Charles_Tevez (Feb 21, 2:21pm)

"We won't turn up, and end up losing 0-1 or rescuing a late 1-1 draw, at best." – S-H (Feb 21, 2:26pm)

"I hope I'm not proved wrong but I can't see us losing this game, and almost as confident that we'll win if that is the target of the opposition manager." – AaronHammer (Feb 21, 2:47pm)

"It's now or never for Fulham, West Ham don't have much to play for despite what the gaffer and players are telling the cameras. I can't see an easy win like some are saying. Hopefully a win though" – Norse (Feb 21, 8:44pm)

"I'm dangerously confident for this, 4-1 to us. I even keep having visions of a Felipe hat-trick" – Macca1973 (Feb 22, 9:16am)

"The one consistent thing about West Ham has always been their inconsistency. Tonight, after a two week break, I envisage a slow start to find their rhythm again but if they haven't beaten Fulham by the final whistle then it will be truly depressing." – JohnnyB (Feb 22, 9:36am)

https://westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/i-hope-im-not-proved-wrong-these-west-ham-fans-have-been-discussing-tonights-fulham-clash/