watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Better position

Started by Andy S, February 23, 2019, 10:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Once we get relegated is our squad likely to be better than last time? Or will there be a massive clear out again?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Andy S on February 23, 2019, 10:46:21 AM
Once we get relegated is our squad likely to be better than last time? Or will there be a massive clear out again?
We don't have as many players on stupid wages that s time, but without a competent Championship Manager or someone buying Championship ready players, we will again struggle I believe.
Got to get away from Loanees who do not stay. Build a TEAM.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

JoelH5

I just can't see us doing anything other than signing a few random wingers on the last day of the window and keeping the defence we have.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 23, 2019, 11:03:50 AM
I just can't see us doing anything other than signing a few random wingers on the last day of the window and keeping the defence we have.

Lol and perhaps a loan keeper who doesn't speak a word of English?

Artful Dodger

The only positive for me is that when we go down, we will start the season with more or less the same team that got us up - with the probable exception of Mitrovic who is the only player to have looked vaguely premier league quality this season and is likely to be bought. We won't need a massive clear out like last time when the entire 1st team bar Scott Parker left and we ended up with misfits and teenagers for the 1st few months.

Assuming Seri and Anguissa head back to France and Schurrle goes back to Germany we are likely to start with Bettinelli in goal, Christie, Odoi (or Mawson), Ream, Bryan in defence, Ayite, Cairney, McDonald, Johansen, and Sess in midfield and Kamara up front! Look familiar? If Seri, Anguissa or Schurrle stay then we may have some additional options and if not, we just need to invest what money we get for them in a few experienced championship players and we will have a good shot and another promotion. It won't be the car crash of 2014 i don't think.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

ALG01

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 23, 2019, 11:03:50 AM

Exactly. It is a crime it is so predictable.

JimOG

I think Seri, Schurrle, Vietto, Markovic will be gone. Sess, if he has suitors, will go too as will Mitro. I doubt Anguissa will be snapped up.
What concerns me is the assumption by many that a) Ayite, Cairney, McDonald, and Johansen will be here and b) if they don't move on that's a positive.
KMc, who will always be held in high regard, has proven too slow, Johansen not pulling up trees at WBA. Kamara, if allowed back could be a real handful but we're going to need to unearth 5/6 quality Championship players who could make the transition if we get promoted. We need 2/3 battle hardened leaders like Scott Dann (sorry TK he's over 28 but exactly what we need) so we start with Dann & Mawson and never, ever see Odoi & Ream again in those positions. Then O'Riley, Steven Sess, De La Torre Rodak can be integrated.

grandad

First is to identify a manager who will be given a 2 year plan for a return. Second is to scrap the stats based 2 ticked boxes which has failed since introduced. Third is to send out real scouts now to identify players that give us the experience, pace, strength we will need in the most competitive league there is.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I am not going to say who will be here and who won't because we just don't know.
We will lose all of our loan players plus Mitrovic and probably more of our established players than we would like to think.
As I have said on another thread it all depends on the attitude of the manager and his ability to motivate the team. The alternative is that players will look to go elsewhere and we will suffer.
Do you trust the present rabble in charge to rebuild successfully?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 23, 2019, 04:30:21 PM
I am not going to say who will be here and who won't because we just don't know.
We will lose all of our loan players plus Mitrovic and probably more of our established players than we would like to think.
As I have said on another thread it all depends on the attitude of the manager and his ability to motivate the team. The alternative is that players will look to go elsewhere and we will suffer.
Do you trust the present rabble in charge to rebuild successfully?

I would not trust them to feed my Goldfish.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.