Main Menu

This weeks game against Wigan

Started by Tom, October 25, 2010, 07:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Is a must win! We need the 3 points.
Fulham for life!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

The old place will be packed out, the Hammy End will be in full voice and we will get the 3 points-mark my words :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Tom

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on October 25, 2010, 08:27:05 AM
The old place will be packed out, the Hammy End will be in full voice and we will get the 3 points-mark my words :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
Now this is music to my ears! This is exactly what I wanted to hear.
Fulham for life!

TonyGilroy

It would be nice but we're not in crisis.

Had we beaten West Brom (I know we didn't, played badly and deserved to lose) we'd now be 6th, Mark Hughes would be a genius and we'd be nailed on to qualify for Europe.

It's that tight.

I don't think any team would function well with the sort of injuries we've got. Zamora we'll have to learn to do without but what Murphy, Etuhu, Davies and Duff all provide (even playing badly) is cover for the defence and ball reterntion. It's hardly surprising that we lost the midfield on Saturday against what is actually a very good West Brom team getting good results against better teams than us.

Too soon to panic in my opinion.

Tom

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 25, 2010, 08:31:36 AM
It would be nice but we're not in crisis.

Had we beaten West Brom (I know we didn't, played badly and deserved to lose) we'd now be 6th, Mark Hughes would be a genius and we'd be nailed on to qualify for Europe.

It's that tight.

I don't think any team would function well with the sort of injuries we've got. Zamora we'll have to learn to do without but what Murphy, Etuhu, Davies and Duff all provide (even playing badly) is cover for the defence and ball reterntion. It's hardly surprising that we lost the midfield on Saturday against what is actually a very good West Brom team getting good results against better teams than us.

Too soon to panic in my opinion.
I'm not panic mode, I just want to move up the table and out of the danger area.
Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

Exactly, Tony - I think we will be beat Wigan, but if we don't, it's not season over. The teams haven't started to seperate yet - two wins (and we've got two home games coming up, so not impossible) and we're probably looking at 7-8th spots. Too early to worry. If we're sitting 16th or below come Christmas than I'll be worried.

TonyGilroy

Don't we all but Sunderland, in 7th are only 3 points from Liverpool in 18th.

At this point the pecking order in the League table is irrelevant. What matters is how we're playing and on Saturday we were bad.

However the 2 goals were offside, we had a long injury list and it's the first league match where we've clearly been second best. We need to post a good performance against Wigan (and 3 points) to show that it was a blip and that we're better than that.

clintclintdeuce

Its a home match, hence we need to win it... like we need to do with all home matches. Simple really.
The Dude abides.

Jimpav

You are right Tom, the 3 points would be appreciated - for morale if anything else.

As Tony G points out the table is very tight with a 3 point difference spanning 11 league places. It would take a run of losses to see us stranded at the bottom of the table.

3 points off Wigan and a point against Villa and another one off our ASBO neighbours would be wonderful - giving us something to build on.

If Sparky is to win the majority of our fans over then he is going to need to beat Wigan. Anything less than a win and I guarantee that there will be boo's ringing out around the ground.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on October 25, 2010, 11:43:27 AM
Its a home match, hence we need to win it... like we need to do with all home matches. Simple really.

You summed it up nicely there. We live and die by our home form, always have, always will.