more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rico

Started by Spirit of 2000, February 27, 2019, 08:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

I simply don't rate him!

OK to be fair he's got shot stopping ability but......................
Call me old fashioned but the keeper should be commanding and inspire confidence to hi team mates.
He lets too many goals in that may not be glaring errors but should be saved more often than not.

filham

Quote from: SP on February 27, 2019, 09:55:48 PM
Bean bag practice for Rico before Sunday.
Bet he lets five in on Sunday.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on February 27, 2019, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: SP on February 27, 2019, 09:55:48 PM
Bean bag practice for Rico before Sunday.
Bet he lets five in on Sunday.
surely he wont start
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sir Alec of good Stock

Where's Jim Standard when you need him!

Tonywa

Quote from: junior white on February 27, 2019, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on February 27, 2019, 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: junior white on February 27, 2019, 08:27:48 PM
sadly that is modern day keeping, been a bug bear of mine for a while.none of our keepers catch the ball. its not jus them watch De Gea he is the same, what happened to catching the ball

Even the great EVDS was prone to punch the ball rather than catch it.  At least he could punch ir properly. Very much a European thing I think.
he was and he did, i tend to agree that it is more a european thing. However it is becoming more prone with English keepers. Pickford for instance he does it too, even Betts does, seems to me it maybe more about coaching now too

Fair comment.

Baszab

I was right behind the goal and both goals were Rico's fault - that's 5 in two games - and he's a loanee - get rid of him asap

Southcoastffc

We did not lose that game because of Rico. First goal, yes it was  not a good punch but there were plenty of defenders between the deflected shotshot and the goal. The culprit for the sec goal was Nordveit who, instead of clearing an easy ball, simply headed weakly back to Southampton and allowed a shot again through several defenders. Thats,why KMac bollocked him strongly.  I'm not an apologist for Rico, but he is unfairly scapegoated.  I wouldn't envy ANY keeper in a Ranieri selection from our squad right now.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Spirit of 2000

Keepers should never punch or parry back out ... it has to be to the side or behind ... Rico always punches ir parries straight back into the danger zone... glad he will be gone next season.

ALG01

Quote from: fulhamfever on February 27, 2019, 08:40:38 PM
I'm watching the game and can tell you his error for 1st goal and the 2nd goal well could of palmed it away from goal not straight back into the attackers path
Plus his appauling distribution for the second too.
His big plus was his fictional distribution.

The Rational Fan

If your confused who is our worst keeper this season, Rico for the first time this season has the worst whoscored statsitics for FFC with Betts and Fabri both ahead of him. If FFC are going basis everything on statistics, I don't think it's a time to make an exception. If I was manager, it would be "Fabri you're in goal if Betts is not fit".

RaySmith

He's definitely lost whatever confidence he had - he just looks weak, hopeless.

Fabri must be better. I thought he did ok when he played.

Shows the problems with Fulham this season - money spent on foriegn keepers with top reps, meant to be an upgrade on what we had - and they are definitely not up to scratch, and it's debatable that they are an upgrade n any of our existing keepers.

3 potential first choice keepers, and none of them good enough!

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: RaySmith on February 28, 2019, 05:45:46 AM
He's definitely lost whatever confidence he had - he just looks weak, hopeless.

Fabri must be better. I thought he did ok when he played.

Shows the problems with Fulham this season - money spent on foriegn keepers with top reps, meant to be an upgrade on what we had - and they are definitely not up to scratch, and it's debatable that they are an upgrade n any of our existing keepers.

3 potential first choice keepers, and none of them good enough!

They are 100% not an upgrade ... horrible failure by TK along with the rest of the defence he screwed up on. Betts and Rodak all day long over Rico and Fabri.

FFC1987

I really liked Rico. Was a breathe of fresh air when he started breaking into the team. makes some amazing saves, like top quality but he reminds me a bit of Stekelenburg. The ability to be world class one minute, and a liability the next. regardless of the take, he's let us and himself down in recent games.

toshes mate

The first question any self respecting potential replacement goalkeeper would ask of his prospective manager is 'Okay, you want me but what are you doing about the lack of defensive ability in this team?'  Rico is just another flawed signing in a team of flawed signings. 

clarkey

Very simple CR should make sure Bryan, Rico, and Christie never get selected they are all liabilities.Play Cairney in the right place, sell Anguissa and MLM, let all loanees go NOW.Save the cash.

We need to think about next season now. I suggest we try and hire Slavisa back asap, say sorry and ask him to buy a few decent players in the next few months like Matt Targett and pick both Sess brothers and other young FFC players and build for the future.We will need a new centre forward too as Mitro will stay in the Prem.

This has been a great lesson in how not to run a football club this year.Lets try and learn something. Get Slavisa back asap.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 27, 2019, 10:32:03 PM
We did not lose that game because of Rico. First goal, yes it was  not a good punch but there were plenty of defenders between the deflected shotshot and the goal. The culprit for the sec goal was Nordveit who, instead of clearing an easy ball, simply headed weakly back to Southampton and allowed a shot again through several defenders. Thats,why KMac bollocked him strongly.  I'm not an apologist for Rico, but he is unfairly scapegoated.  I wouldn't envy ANY keeper in a Ranieri selection from our squad right now.

For the first goal it was a really really poor punch by Rico. However many defenders were between the shot and the goal doesn't take away from that in my opinion. I think the fault is definitely primarily with Rico for that one. Doesn't mean that it was not also a bit unlucky, or that other players did everything great. This goal coming needlessly from nothing almost completely crushed us, since we were clearly on top before that. The shattered confidence of FFC's players could just not take another unnecessary set back it seemed.

The second goal I agree that it was not only Rico. However, if you want to blame Nordveit for the poor header, then if a remember correctly this was preceded by a really poor clearance by Rico. While Rico's initial save was decent, he directed the ball almost exactly how I believe that goalkeepers are taught not to do it, albeit that is easier to forgive since his primary objective was to block the shot. On more than one player I think, but Rico did play his part in gifting yet another goal.

That's how I saw it.

Matt10

Whether you are a keeper or an outfield player, you NEVER clear the ball down the centre. That is basic fundamentals of defending. Rico failed at that. It cost us. Simple.

You do not parry a ball forward when someone shoots far post. As a former striker, you shoot low far post and high near post. Keepers know this, and you parry towards the sidelines unless you are going to catch it.

I still like Rico, but he's got to clean up his decision making. Reminds me of DeGea when he first came onto the scene. Maybe they should talk and get things squared away.