more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congratulations to Mr Steve Orino

Started by finnster01, October 23, 2010, 08:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Best of luck to the Texas Rangers.

You spanked my Yankees fair and square and besides it is nice to see another team that hasn't been there making it for a change.

Just remember that 28th ring is a bit of a bugger to get though ...  :dft012:

Anyway, I will be rooting for you in the final. :beer:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

Thanks Finn. 

I have to admit, I've never been much of a baseball fan.  One could argue that the local product that fared so well the last couple of weeks was the reason for that, as the past 35 years have been pretty miserable (I'm 32 btw).  There are a lot of die-hards in these parts and I'm happiest for them.  The team is fun to watch and I like the way the Manager manages the game...always trying to move forward on offense, a solid defense, & decent if not great pitching.

Funny, now that I think about it, there's some similarities between the Rangers run to the WS & Fulham's improbable run to the Europa.  Teams not taken seriously by the "experts", franchise/club struggled mightily through the years, had to beat giant(s) to get to there...I hope for a better finish.

I was up in New York in July of '01 and we visited the old park, the one that Babe built, and despite my dislike for everything Yankee-dom, it was really impressive -- all of the Legends that had played there & the Championships of years past -- you could feel the history.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Steve_orino

Btw Finn, what to do if the Riders Giants make it through, huh?
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

finnster01

Quote from: Steve_orino on October 23, 2010, 01:55:28 PM
Btw Finn, what to do if the Riders Giants make it through, huh?
Doesn't change a thing mate. Loyalty was taught to me at a very tender age. If the Yankees can't be there, It will be whoever the American League puts there.

Texas Rangers all the way mate :045: :045:

YankeeJim

Finney,
I do realize that you have come late to B ball, however, with due respect, a game where the pitcher doesn't bat is not baseball but an abomination of the great American pastime. Those that invented the DH were probably from Liverpool.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 24, 2010, 01:18:32 AM
Finney,
I do realize that you have come late to B ball, however, with due respect, a game where the pitcher doesn't bat is not baseball but an abomination of the great American pastime. Those that invented the DH were probably from Liverpool.

Amen Brother Jim!

In fact, as I understand it, the red scousers who came with that idea were originally from Argentina Finn.  :59:

BarryP

Quote from: RidgeRider on October 25, 2010, 01:48:06 AM
Finney,

Amen Brother Jim!

In fact, as I understand it, the red scousers who came with that idea were originally from Argentina Finn.  :59:

:Sparkyticus:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

finnster01

Finney,

Amen Brother Jim!

Gents,
Now you are both trying to get me banned.  :035:

The fish won't bite.  :54:

Steve_orino

Finney,

Amen Brother Jim!

That's some funny shizz!

Havin' been born in an American League town, lived in an AL town, and never really been around an NL team, I'm supposed to offer up arguement but I haven't the foggiest to why having a DH is a good thing   :032: :doh:
@Borino09

YankeeJim

Our English friends probably don't realize it but he Rangers & Giants in he World Series is the equivalent of Everton and Fulham taking the Premiership down to the last match of the season. The TV boys are not happy.

BTW, its hard for an LA Dodger fan to root for the bast%#ds by the bay even against a DH team.
Sorry Ridgie, I still remmber Jack Clark. :041:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 26, 2010, 01:10:09 AM
Our English friends probably don't realize it but he Rangers & Giants in he World Series is the equivalent of Everton and Fulham taking the Premiership down to the last match of the season. The TV boys are not happy.

BTW, its hard for an LA Dodger fan to root for the bast%#ds by the bay even against a DH team.
Sorry Ridgie, I still remmber Jack Clark. :041:

Jim I understand and respect you for it. There is not a team on the planet I loathe more than the Chavez Ravine crew. As used to like to say "Duck the Fodgers!!!!"

BTW: We are, at this moment, killing the Rangers and have chased they're stud Lee out of the game. He may need therapy after that inning.  :59:  :yay:

Steve_orino

Bottom of the 4th, Game 2:

Watching the Giants for the first time last night, they're a fun team to watch too.  Still hoping the Rangers can pull 4 games out but if we go down, I won't mind going down to a scrappy team like the Giants.
@Borino09

RidgeRider

Quote from: Steve_orino on October 29, 2010, 02:00:08 AM
Bottom of the 4th, Game 2:

Watching the Giants for the first time last night, they're a fun team to watch too.  Still hoping the Rangers can pull 4 games out but if we go down, I won't mind going down to a scrappy team like the Giants.

Have to say, Rangers are hard not to like. I don't feel the usual angst I did when we played the Angels in 2002 and the A's in 1989. Lot of baseball still to play. Good pitching duel tonight.

Steve_orino

I must admit, I'm not watching it much...MLS playoffs are on espn2  :doh:
@Borino09

Steve_orino

A bit late, but Congrats to Ridge Rider and fans of the SF Giants!  A well earned championship!
@Borino09