News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have the self-professed greatest fans in the world no sense of humour?

Started by Neil D, March 06, 2019, 10:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

The satirical swipe at LFC fans' treatment of Roy Hodgson in the Club programme seems to have touched a raw nerve, given the sniffy response of the Empire of the Kop website: 'pointless and sarcastic'.  I thought it was very funny and, like the best satire, hit home with some telling truths about 'the world's greatest fans'. 

The truth is they are as impatient, delusional and hubristic as the rest of us.  What I thought they genuinely had was an element of self-deprecating humour but that too has abandoned them.

Still, it has stoked up the atmosphere nicely for March 17.  Can't wait.

snarks

It's funny with Liverpool fans generally they are all right, but they do have a great sense of entitlement. The season Fulham were relegated and lost at the cottage to a gerrard penalty, walking away from the ground there was a Liverpool fan, handing out condolences saying we'd been beaten by the champions. I hated that level of arrogance like it's a devine right to win the league, especially when they hadn't been champions for over 20 years

Statto

Well done to the FFC programme writers.

Can't stand Liverpool fans and enjoy anything that baits them.

If it was down to me, we'd put a free copy of The Sun on every seat in the Putney end before the fixture on the 17th. And perhaps get Boris Johnson in for a chat with Ivan on the pitch at half-time. Surely BoJo is a Fulham fan.

Nero

yes the sense of entitlement and how they live on past glories, remember one of their fans on twitter saying no one saying City are bottling it when they went through a bad patch, difference is City have proved time and time again that they can do it, Liverpool have proved they cant handle it.

My predictions after another season of no silverware, Barca will come knocking for Salah and he'll leave the fans will blame Klopp and there go into meltdown 

john dempsey

KJS

I believe we are already relegated but it ould soften the blow if we could in some way help prevent them from winning the league

ffcne

Quote from: KJS on March 06, 2019, 03:45:10 PM
I believe we are already relegated but it ould soften the blow if we could in some way help prevent them from winning the league

:plus one:

west kowloon white

Was amused by the Chelsea chant of "we quite like you but you're shite" on Sunday.

filham

Liverpool fans along with fans of all of the top six clubs are quite different than us, they have all been spoilt by too much success and have become greedy. It is unrealistic of us to think their humour could in anyway be similar to ours.

Forget how lucky they were to have Roy as manager , perhaps a few years with Tommy Trinder and Jimmy Hill as chairman may have helped them with their sense of humour.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

It's a day of wonder for them.... they'll be able to see street lights - bless them