Main Menu

Sessegnon and Cairney, what next ?

Started by Riversider, February 23, 2019, 03:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2019, 12:54:32 PM
Quote from: Riversider on March 02, 2019, 11:57:36 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
I hope we keep both of them, I hope Scott Parker Starts them both tomorrow and shows them how important they are to Fulham.

I think that both Scott Parker and Fulham Football Club will bow to fan pressure and give the supporters what they believe they want, is that the right route to be going down, I'm not so sure.

I do not feel it needs fan pressure, they should both play. Scott Parker I hope will make right decision, if he does not then he obviously has his reasons.
Sess has been playing under a cloud, but now I hope he will be in better shape mentally.
As for Tom, being played out of position has been detrimental to his game.
So the way they have been treated recently has brought the worst out of them.
Please remember they amongst others had a huge roll to play getting us promoted last season. Culminating with their little cameo at Wembley which turned out to be Toms winning goal, and Scott was in attendance to see it.
Always remember your roots. Because since that marvellous day at Wembley last year, TK has had his sticky fingers in the Recruitment pot, and brought in expensive recruits who were either unsuitable, uninterested, physically and mentally weak, with no desire, and were clearly quality wise not good enough. Not forgetting swamping the dressing room with loan players, not very bright when it comes to building team spirit, and of course the players who fought to get us into the Premier League were edged out fairly quickly to justify playing the expensive new recruits.
Plus two managers lost their jobs in the months to follow.
Do not get me wrong, not all new recruits were failures.
But overall the Recruitment Unit did to Fulham what the Charge of the Light Brigade did to Army Recruitment.
So always remember your roots.

It's a fact though that neither Jokanovic or Ranieri have fancied Cairney this season, that must tell us something, under Jokanovic Cairney had his mystery injury that was baffling sport science leading to Jokanovic to say "Sometimes you don't have to be 100% physically fit to play but you do have to be 100% mentally strong"
People forget that Cairney wasn't flavour of the month with Jokanovic but are quick to criticise Ranieri because he was critical of Cairney,
For my take Tom is a great player when we have got the ball but is a passenger when the opposition have got the ball and you can't carry passengers at this level and it seems Jokanovic and Ranieri would agree with that.

bobby01

I think the thing with Cairney is Slav built a team around his weak points in the championship to cover for him. He never really did anything great before he joined us, Slav as with other players he has coached brought the best out of him, I think he is good on the ball when he has time but in the premier league you are not given that luxury. I honestly cannot see a PL club coming in for him.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Twig

If Sess leaves I think it will be with his brother and they will go to s good premiership club who will see the money as an investment in the future.
If TC goes I think it will be to a footballing mid table prem club, WHU for example.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Twig on March 02, 2019, 05:29:45 PM
If Sess leaves I think it will be with his brother and they will go to s good premiership club who will see the money as an investment in the future.

You may be right but whilst I understand that 16 year old boys would want to stay together at a club they have been at since 8 years old, I just cant see that being the case when they are men. Stephen's next decision needs to be based on whats best for his career, not hanging onto his brother's coat tails.

Got a feeling Stephen may be in squad tomorrow