watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not buried yet

Started by StandD, March 02, 2019, 09:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StandD

It is amazing what a bit of team spirit can do. If Scott Parker can get the team playing for one another we might be able to scramble, even though it would take a miracle now. Let us hope that he has some input into recruitment for next season, then perhaps we might have a better balanced side, after those not wishing to be here have departed, wherever we might be. Let us hope that the players who got us up and have been discarded are willing to continue playing for the club after having been so badly treated. Another problem is that we may run foul of the fair play regulations, as those we overpaid for will probably not fetch anywhere close to what they cost.

hovewhite

Quote from: StandD on March 02, 2019, 09:11:11 AM
It is amazing what a bit of team spirit can do. If Scott Parker can get the team playing for one another we might be able to scramble, even though it would take a miracle now. Let us hope that he has some input into recruitment for next season, then perhaps we might have a better balanced side, after those not wishing to be here have departed, wherever we might be. Let us hope that the players who got us up and have been discarded are willing to continue playing for the club after having been so badly treated. Another problem is that we may run foul of the fair play regulations, as those we overpaid for will probably not fetch anywhere close to what they cost.
share your sentiments,and as a strong core of last seasons team are still here plus Mawson if we can get them reenergized into the team then next year don't think we'll be to far off.
This season those same players should be encouraged along with both sess brothers playing the remainder of games and let's get behind the Scotty reveloution.

ScalleysDad

With regard to the recruitment point I hope that Khan Snr has not been on Jupiter for the last couple of months. As the slide became more of a nosedive every relevant media outlet had stories about poor choices, too many choices or even too many poor choices so if he has any interest in the world game he could not have missed the shellacking recruitment was getting.
As a small aside, and I am not inferring he is a shirker, but I wonder if the Mawson recovery time might suddenly speed up a bit now Parker is possibly shredding all those files.

SG

Send the loans and the short term contracts back and probably sell Seri for about what we paid and then take stock. May need to sell a crown jewel for FFP reasons. Mitro would go at a profit but would need replacing. I guess it then depends on who else wants to go. Much will depend on who is the manager I suspect. Players have relegation clauses in their contracts so there is some protection against FFP. Outlook not quite as bleak as some have painted and my take is the outlook is better than this time last week

ffcne

Quote from: SG on March 02, 2019, 10:11:13 AM
Send the loans and the short term contracts back and probably sell Seri for about what we paid and then take stock. May need to sell a crown jewel for FFP reasons. Mitro would go at a profit but would need replacing. I guess it then depends on who else wants to go. Much will depend on who is the manager I suspect. Players have relegation clauses in their contracts so there is some protection against FFP. Outlook not quite as bleak as some have painted and my take is the outlook is better than this time last week

I cannot see us selling Seri for what we paid for him was it 15 -20 million.?
Very disappointing for me .Expected him to be a Kante sort of player .

Woolly Mammoth

It will be a result if we can keep the back bone of the team, and surround the back bone with plenty of meat. Then build a strong spine, and stop relying on too many loan players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Mitrovic, Cairney and Sess. will now think they have fully served Fulham by helping us to promotion last season, they will not want yet another season without premier league football and I suspect the three of them will put in early transfer requests. No doubt interesting offers will be made and we will be forced to let them go.

Also Seri and Chambers will move on which means a major rebuild will be needed and we are not good at that , even with money to spend.

The summer is going to be interesting, we need a manager and a director of football in place before the end of May.

hovewhite

Not sure TK will be moving aside unfortunately.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: hovewhite on March 03, 2019, 12:28:00 AM

If TK moves aside, then expect the next Director of Football not to get a cent to spend from Shadid Khan. We'll see how well a competent DoF goes on Free Transfers alone.

Asotosyios

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 03, 2019, 03:30:53 AM

If TK moves aside, then expect the next Director of Football not to get a cent to spend from Shadid Khan. We'll see how well a competent DoF goes on Free Transfers alone.

That surely does not make sense. Why would a different DoF get no money to spend in transfers? We are not talking about 100m again, but there must be a transfer budget regardless who the DoF is.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 03, 2019, 03:30:53 AM

Ridiculous argument. I don't want Shahid Khan out but if sacking his son means he will just bleed the club dry of money, then he should just sell and move on. Which I'm sure he would, rather than incur stress, public hatred and huge reputational damage just to claw back a few million quid that he doesn't even need.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2019, 11:06:46 AM
It will be a result if we can keep the back bone of the team, and surround the back bone with plenty of meat. Then build a strong spine, and stop relying on too many loan players.

Wow, that sounds good enough to eat!

:)

LittleErn

I thought the backbone and the spine were the same?