watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why wasn't Seri used as a #10 today?

Started by AnOldBrownie, March 04, 2019, 12:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

It's the one position I wouldn't mind seeing him play...coming off the bench for Tom Cairney.

I thought that if Cairney was coming off Seri should have slotted in that position.  No, I don't want Seri as a box to box or a CDM, but I think he could be a decent backup at #10.

Matt10

As far as I could see, it wasn't going to be a like-for-like sub. Once Vietto was on, we had a bit of pace, and more importantly we moved our lines up to increase the defensive pressure higher. Vietto can get into the box faster than Cairney, and things like the disallowed goal are what he's capable of doing.

I think Seri could play that #10, but in this scenario of losing by a goal, we needed that extra pace/energy up front.

Personally, I would've kept Cairney, just because he has a higher probability of changing the game more than most - especially late. He did look exhausted though, we had not pressured that hard off the ball in quite a while.

MJG

Quote from: Matt10 on March 04, 2019, 05:18:46 AM
As far as I could see, it wasn't going to be a like-for-like sub. Once Vietto was on, we had a bit of pace, and more importantly we moved our lines up to increase the defensive pressure higher. Vietto can get into the box faster than Cairney, and things like the disallowed goal are what he's capable of doing.

I think Seri could play that #10, but in this scenario of losing by a goal, we needed that extra pace/energy up front.

Personally, I would've kept Cairney, just because he has a higher probability of changing the game more than most - especially late. He did look exhausted though, we had not pressured that hard off the ball in quite a while.
five minutes before TC went off he was doing some stretching of his left leg so I think he had a problem hence taken off.
Just the views of a long term fan

Matt10

Quote from: MJG on March 04, 2019, 05:52:11 AM

five minutes before TC went off he was doing some stretching of his left leg so I think he had a problem hence taken off.

Oh, nice, I hadn't notice that. He looked tired in some spots, but I thought he could push on.

Then again, moves like this make me exhausted just watching!

https://streamable.com/kuvlf

filham

Yes, I questioned the substitution  and thought Seriwas the obvious replacement for the tiring Cairrney. However it nearly paid off with the dissallowed goal.

toshes mate

+1
Cairney appeared to look a little distressed about five minutes or so before he was subbed, similar to problems he had last season. 

hovewhite

Hope TC and injury has happened again as looking forward to Leicester game.

ffcne

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 04, 2019, 12:32:45 AM
It's the one position I wouldn't mind seeing him play...coming off the bench for Tom Cairney.

I thought that if Cairney was coming off Seri should have slotted in that position.  No, I don't want Seri as a box to box or a CDM, but I think he could be a decent backup at #10.

I dont want Seri full stop.

ALG01

Quote from: Matt10 on March 04, 2019, 06:00:06 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 04, 2019, 05:52:11 AM

Oh, nice, I hadn't notice that. He looked tired in some spots, but I thought he could push on.

Then again, moves like this make me exhausted just watching!

https://streamable.com/kuvlf

Wow!

davew

Quote from: ffcne on March 04, 2019, 04:34:18 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on March 04, 2019, 12:32:45 AM

I dont want Seri full stop.
Nor me, but maybe slightly better than Anguissa?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

KJS

Isn't it funny, when CR played Seri most on here thought he was rubbish and yet now you are asking why SP did'nt bring him on???

ffcne

Quote from: KJS on March 04, 2019, 04:46:46 PM
Isn't it funny, when CR played Seri most on here thought he was rubbish and yet now you are asking why SP did'nt bring him on???

Has had no influence on this side apart from first 3/4 games.
Yet not so long ago .Some on here saying he is better than Cairney.
Parker knows his players. Hence no Seri yesterday   

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffcne on March 04, 2019, 06:49:53 PM
Quote from: KJS on March 04, 2019, 04:46:46 PM

Has had no influence on this side apart from first 3/4 games.
Yet not so long ago .Some on here saying he is better than Cairney.
Parker knows his players. Hence no Seri yesterday

I think Parker wanted two really defensive minded midfielders + that he wanted Cairney to play. Hence no Seri yesterday I think. Doesn't mean he doesn't rate Seri (not saying you said that btw).