watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ok I'll admit it, and yes it hurts

Started by fulhamben, March 03, 2019, 10:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

I thought Parker got it spot on today. Team selection, formation and subs, couldn't fault any of it. For me there was no shame today as everyone of the 14 gave it there all. We might be  going down, but at least I can hold my head high today and say at least we tried
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Dodger53

Subs were needed but when TC and kmac went off our chances of winning declined.

Twig

I agree Ben, I stood and applauded them all at the end. Great effort.

snarks

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 03, 2019, 10:07:26 PM

Interesting, I thought that too, then realised Kepa's save from Mitro and the Sess disallowed goal both followed the Substitution of Kmac and TC

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on March 03, 2019, 10:00:59 PM
I thought Parker got it spot on today. Team selection, formation and subs, couldn't fault any of it. For me there was no shame today as everyone of the 14 gave it there all. We might be  going down, but at least I can hold my head high today and say at least we tried
+1
Parker gets a huge vote of confidence from me.

copthornemike

Thought the crowd deserved praise as well - even when players made individual mistakes encouragement rather than boos were the response.
One observation - did anyone think Ryan Sessignon was well off the pace for the first 60 minutes?
His body language looked poor, his tracking back was lethargic and it was almost like he did not want to be there.
I noticed when Chambers scored he did not join the others in celebrating and indeed Babel appeared to be giving him a prolonged tongue lashing (I could be wrong as it was in the half furthest away from the Hammy End).
Fortunately he appeared to get back his mojo after a long run, around about the hour mark, which ended with a somewhat cynical foul by one of the Chelsea players to stop him. Shame that he was just offside for what could have been the last minute equaliser!
In my opinion Parker took a risk not subbing Ryan off before the hour - and in the end deserves praise for not doing so and switching him to the other wing forthe second half. I noticed Odoi seemed to make an effort at the beginning of the second half to help RS out.
Undoubtedly in my opinion there is a confidence issue with Ryan at the moment - not surprising in the circumstances!

ALG01

Quote from: copthornemike on March 04, 2019, 03:21:18 PM
Thought the crowd deserved praise as well - even when players made individual mistakes encouragement rather than boos were the response.
One observation - did anyone think Ryan Sessignon was well off the pace for the first 60 minutes?
His body language looked poor, his tracking back was lethargic and it was almost like he did not want to be there.
I noticed when Chambers scored he did not join the others in celebrating and indeed Babel appeared to be giving him a prolonged tongue lashing (I could be wrong as it was in the half furthest away from the Hammy End).
Fortunately he appeared to get back his mojo after a long run, around about the hour mark, which ended with a somewhat cynical foul by one of the Chelsea players to stop him. Shame that he was just offside for what could have been the last minute equaliser!
In my opinion Parker took a risk not subbing Ryan off before the hour - and in the end deserves praise for not doing so and switching him to the other wing forthe second half. I noticed Odoi seemed to make an effort at the beginning of the second half to help RS out.
Undoubtedly in my opinion there is a confidence issue with Ryan at the moment - not surprising in the circumstances!

Babel was doing the opposite when we scored, he was obviously trying to big him up.
But sess did look out of sorts and I think that will unwind as hwe progress, some of the things he did later in th game were amazing and just a bit of poor decision making short of being staggeringly good AND he was in just the right place (nearly) to equalise.
I suspect he will look more like his old self as each games passes.

SG

Quote from: copthornemike on March 04, 2019, 03:21:18 PM

Exactly how we saw it but he grew in confidence and effectiveness as the game continued

KJS

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 03, 2019, 10:07:26 PM

Then how come one of the subs put Mitro in for a great chance to equalize? I though we lost nothing when they went off